Don't go to vitran

vtrnscks

TB Lurker
Credits
I worked at vitran for 6 yrs. untill last sept. it's as bad as it get's. First with the pjax deal it's as if pjax bought vitran instead of the other way around (there was a rumor that vitran could'nt come up with the rest of the cash by a certain date, and control of co. went back to pjax, I don't know) Everything is run the same way they did at pjax, no ot till after 45 hrs. used to be 40. Everything is force loaded and nobody leaves untill you have at least 10 stops, or the trlr. is full ,which isn't to bad except by then you have been there 2 hrs. waiting on it. They have a few early am rts. they load during the nights they are the only ones that get out early. Junk trucks, I used to be close to term. on my rt. so I had to get something from the shop that was waiting to be fixed to drive that wasn't to broke, cause all the good trucks went to farther out rts. I had the same truck everyday when it was old vitran.
Broken down plt. jacks and not enough of them,If you had a later start they were out of plt jacks,and if you ask dock forman or dispatch for help, they all say the same thing 'do the best you can' (you here that a lot there) same way with 2 wheelers. Every day is the same , late start out, nothing is in the order you need it in, you have either frt. with no bill or bills with no frt. then you get half the trlr.MT and they hit you with p/u's which we all have been thru but they dont want you to block it all up in case you got time to try to del. it later.then then after 10 hrs. or more you do a switchout except you have to wait 45 min for the trlr. to get MT, never any MT trlrs.I could go on but Im running out of room. I can only speak for the indy term but from what I heard there all the same.By the way i worked at milan for 5 yrs. before going to vitran.

of course for every guy that had a bad experience working at vitran (like this guy up above) theres a guy who feels opposite of that and likes it.. i would say come on to vitran it aint no worse then milan .. it will beat having no job. then if you dont like it then look for another job..

It didnt start out as a bad experience, when I First started vitran I loved it. You got to Route your trlr. and load it the way you wanted.I had an assigned truck that only I drove.They paid OT after 8 hrs. and ASK you if you wanted to go back out and if you didnt, no problem, in other words they were "driver friendly" that was the 1st. 3 yrs, what I was talking about above was since the pjax ordeal now its screw the drivers. Like I was told one day by a dock supervisor, "go some place else if its that bad, I don't want to here it' They just dont care about driver's. Used to be a great job.

Overtime!?! What is that??? Just 10 stops? You must be new. Old truck huh? How about the oldest truck on the farthest route? Missing bills and missing freight? Man, you should have hung around. They would have made you a service center manager by now!!! You mean to tell us that you had the good fortune to actually have been assigned the same tractor everyday? Lucky you!! At least you knew what to expect. And last but not least... The breaking point was they gave you all of that time to empty at least half of your trailer, before they started sending in those dreadful "pickups". Man. You have finally succeeded. You and you alone have me convinced. I reeeeeeeeally want to be a Vitran driver!

Man, I was just sayin it was a good place to work, yea, I to was stupid enough to work for no ot then I went there, they treated ya right without belonging to a union. You will indead fit in there now, bad attitude and a smart ass, sounds like management to me.

Nope! No management here. I just run my route to the best of my ability with the equipment they provide. Is it right that they expect you to operate that way day in and day out? Of course it isnt! But what else can you do, quit? Oh, thats right. You already did. Twice!

Man what a dummy that sounds like every trucking company out there not to smart. I bet your the guy that sat in the dock and at all customers and cried non stop so know one gives a crappy what you say you sound like a crybaby I've work at yacht reddaway for five years same thing there and two years at central freight same thing maybe you should yo to UPS small package that might work better for you ooh but you only like ten stops and going home early nevermind.

I worked for pjax when those mapleleafs took over.IT was by far the worst thing pjax could have done!When we were pjax we were like family,when we were moved to vitrans terminal,it became the worst job i have ever had!22 years of trucking and i found myself hateing to go to work,when i useto love it! Ihave worked for BIG companys,small companys,o/o you name them and i drove for em BUT THESE BASTARDS ARE THE WORST! IF YOU GO TO WORK FOR PEOPLE YOU DESERVE WHAT YOU GET!!!!!

YRC Frieght is hiring full-time road drivers in Charlotte . If they stay busy its worth it .Pays 51 cents a mile after 3 years .

hey vtrnscks, I caN AGREE WITH YOU IN ALOT OF WHAT U R SAYING. BUT THE REALITY IS, IN THE LTL BUSINESS ITS, ALL THE SAME CRAP JUST DIFFERNT COLOR TRUCK, GO AHEAD VENT AND RANT, BUT I HAVE A FEELING U WILL BE BACK ON THIS WEBSITE WITH A NAME OF ANOTHER COMPANY PLUS "SCKS" AT THE END OF IT, SAYING THE SAME STUFF. HOW BOUT U DO US ALL A FAVOR AND " FIND A DIFERNT LINE OF WORK" CUZ IT SOUNDS LIKE U NEED A DIVORCE FROM THE LTL BACKSTABBINGS. TAKE CARE "X" VITRAN EMPLOYEE. OHH AND BY THE WAY I BET WHEN UR "X"CO-WORKERS HEARD FROM YOU WHEN U TOLD THEM THAT U QUIT, THEY WERE PROBLEY LISTENING TO YOU WITH A CONCERNED FACE, BUT REALLY IN THEIR MIND THEY WERE LIKE..." HELL YEAH I JUST MOVED UP IN SENORITY"!!! TRUST ME I HAVE HAD THAT FACE ALOT IN THE 5 YEARS I HAVE WORKED FOR VITRAN.... GOOD LUCK!

YRC Frieght is hiring full-time road drivers in Charlotte . If they stay busy its worth it .Pays 51 cents a mile after 3 years .

I have a friend that worked for Yellow at Richfield. Yellow sows hate and animosity between employees. My friend said it was so bad that employees seldom talked to each other.

YRC Frieght is hiring full-time road drivers in Charlotte If they stay busy its worth it .Pays 51 cents a mile after 3 years .
yeah good advice that three years will go by......well like three years long ones what a yrc train wreck.

I believe it's time to move this company site to the BONEYARD since Milan is no longer in existence. Oh, that's right--just the lower pay scale for some drivers.

I worked at vitran for 6 yrs. untill last sept. it's as bad as it get's. First with the pjax deal it's as if pjax bought vitran instead of the other way around (there was a rumor that vitran could'nt come up with the rest of the cash by a certain date, and control of co. went back to pjax, I don't know) Everything is run the same way they did at pjax, no ot till after 45 hrs. used to be 40. Everything is force loaded and nobody leaves untill you have at least 10 stops, or the trlr. is full ,which isn't to bad except by then you have been there 2 hrs. waiting on it. They have a few early am rts. they load during the nights they are the only ones that get out early. Junk trucks, I used to be close to term. on my rt. so I had to get something from the shop that was waiting to be fixed to drive that wasn't to broke, cause all the good trucks went to farther out rts. I had the same truck everyday when it was old vitran.
Broken down plt. jacks and not enough of them,If you had a later start they were out of plt jacks,and if you ask dock forman or dispatch for help, they all say the same thing 'do the best you can' (you here that a lot there) same way with 2 wheelers. Every day is the same , late start out, nothing is in the order you need it in, you have either frt. with no bill or bills with no frt. then you get half the trlr.MT and they hit you with p/u's which we all have been thru but they dont want you to block it all up in case you got time to try to del. it later.then then after 10 hrs. or more you do a switchout except you have to wait 45 min for the trlr. to get MT, never any MT trlrs.I could go on but Im running out of room. I can only speak for the indy term but from what I heard there all the same.By the way i worked at milan for 5 yrs. before going to vitran.
Omg!!!!... Sounds exactly like aaa cooper, !!! Wow!!! I used to work there, I've seen the light!, go Union and fight for ur dream!! I did and I'm sleeping a lot better now that I'm working for a better life and not working on helping the doves get more money!!