FedEx Freight | DOT physical "wallet card"

purple_beer

TB Lurker
Credits
Did my DOT physical at a Care Now clinic, got a 2 year card.
Clinic gave me the MEC and related DOT forms but all on standard sized 8x12 pieces of paper.

No wallet card, they said they don't give those out.
This isn't the first time this has happened and it's never been an issue in the past with FedEx. My last exam at a different clinic I did get a wallet card.

Looking online with a google search it doesn't really seem to be a requirement any longer to physically carry a wallet card as everything is electronically submitted and attached to your CDL information in all the systems.

NOW, FedEx safety is saying I'm required to have a wallet card and "rejected" my physical until I get one.
I went to the DMV and they accepted and updated everything just fine no issues.
Called the clinic and asked for a wallet card (again) and they basically said sorry we gave you your MEC and associated paperwork and that's all you need and it's transmitted electronically to the DOT.

I guess I could shrink it down on a copy machine...seems kinda dumb as I have the form in my clipboard I carry with me everywhere I drive a company truck.

So what's the story here? Anyone have the same issue with FedEx and a wallet card?
In my 31+ years of driving I've never had this issue having a company "reject" my physical for this.

FedEx safety is not rejecting for physical for 'lack of wallet card' . Safety needs to see what result of the physical. Period. Full sheet or paper or small wallet size doesn't matter as long as you carry it with you when driving.

Most likely, local leadership WANTS to see a 'wallet card' because that's is what they are used to doing & seeing. As such, they might not be submitting your medical results into the FedEx system until they see what they want. Just ask a different manger, or ask to see the written FedEx policy requiring a small wallet sized card. There isn't a policy saying it must be small.

Just be polite & professional and find the true hold up so you can keep on driving.

Hope this helps.

Our clinic provided a laminated card a couple of years ago but now it's just all the paperwork you get from the exam with a larger version of the wallet card on it's own sheet. We do not need to go to the DMV anymore as the clinic transmits it to them in our area.

I spoke with my supervisor and he said he was just going to shrink it down for me and send them that...he said the same thing, why would they want it so small you can't even read it when we have a nice full size piece of paper...?
Most drivers go to the concentra clinic where they still give the wallet cards while I went to a care now clinic which is also company approved clinic.

He has re-submitted it as of this morning so let's see what happens.
Very frustrating after passing a physical and getting another 2 year certificate just for FedEx safety to reject it over something so dumb.
I tell you they will give a purple shirt to anyone these days...one day a kid is driving a forklift part time, next day he has on a purple shirt and a new ego to go with it
Thanks for all the responses

They stopped giving cards to us in California. I just fold mine up to DL size and keep it behind my license in my wallet. Nobody in my yard has been harassed about it.

If they do, we should all show up to a “Kinkos” on the same day to have them shrunk….:17142:
I keep mine in my wallet as well. Right behind my condom. That way, I know exactly where it is at all times. And like the condom, I doubt I will ever need it.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I was thinking back and all my years no one really gave a damn for those wallet cards. DOT phy, hm cert, training this training that. Meh. Whatever.

I still have some of them including the originals from trucking school. That was a big to do under the old class A system prior to the CDL days.

I DO recall CERTAIN Bosses over the years, the really old ones. They are the hardest nuts to crack when they are busting your balls for some little micro violating of a gigantic pile of company policy in paper.

I just as soon soak the lot in fuel and torch it at company expense with one highway flare in the yard. If its a dirt lot, Ive been known to do that.

Clinic gave me the MEC and related DOT forms but all on standard sized 8x12 pieces of paper.

This isn't the first time this has happened and it's never been an issue in the past with FedEx. My last exam at a different clinic I did get a wallet card.

Looking online with a google search it doesn't really seem to be a requirement any longer to physically carry a wallet card as everything is electronically submitted and attached to your CDL information in all the systems.

NOW, FedEx safety is saying I'm required to have a wallet card and "rejected" my physical until I get one.
Called the clinic and asked for a wallet card (again) and they basically said sorry we gave you your MEC and associated paperwork and that's all you need and it's transmitted electronically to the DOT.

I guess I could shrink it down on a copy machine...seems kinda dumb as I have the form in my clipboard I carry with me everywhere I drive a company truck.

So what's the story here? Anyone have the same issue with FedEx and a wallet card?
In my 31+ years of driving I've never had this issue having a company "reject" my physical for this.heir
Happened to me last time I came off short term disability. When to my doc, who is us govt. Certified. Submitted it 5 days before my return. The day before my return FXF called me and told me they wouldn't accept my physical. Told me I had to go to Their Doc. You know, the place where you gain 12 lb.s, a neck size and lose an inch in height when you walk thru their doors! So they can pump up their sleep apnea numbers. That was a signal to me, maybe time to go. Might be your situation too driver. But yes it is a real thing and it has nothing to do with the wallet cards. As you said it's all in the system already or you carry the paperwork with you. Good luck bud.

In my 31+ years of driving I've never had this issue having a company "reject" my physical for this.
What Part are you on? I missed 2-12.