FedEx Freight | DOT physical "wallet card"

Driver, you need to make sure that paperwork hit all the right desks and eyes. You would not be the first driver doing a routine roadside or some such and have the trooper tell you your Medical Card is expired. Be proactive and force the issue. Leaving it up to the geniuses in the puzzle palace is a sure recipe for disaster.
I did update it with the DMV myself and got a receipt saying it’s updated. Self certification, So as far as that goes I’m good with the DOT/DMV…FedEx is another story, they made it clear to me that they are ”separate” from the dmv…like they are above the law or something
And yes I have copies of my MEC and associated paperwork I carry with me every day at work.

They are not above the law. What they will do is work around the Laws.

I went to orientation in Covenant about may of 1996 for 4 hours on a monday, a few hours later I was on the way back home by bus. I turned everything over to the lawyer and had the FMCSA and DOT review the entire situation including my physical and medical qualifications and so on and what they found was...

The Company is allowed to be more strict in higher medical standards than DOT. And thats a form of discrimination. Almost as if no one is allowed to use corrected vision (Glasses) in their trucks. So they dont hire glasses people. But its legal within FMCSA and DOT etc. No laws were broken.

They also maintain a private DAC database among 20 or so other partner companies feeding DAC into it. I am actually still in those records from any of them knowing to this day 30 plus years after the fact that I am banned from Covenant properites.

The Law is a wonderful thing. But it can also be a total bitch when used properly by those who work around it.

I did update it with the DMV myself and got a receipt saying it’s updated. Self certification, So as far as that goes I’m good with the DOT/DMV…FedEx is another story, they made it clear to me that they are ”separate” from the dmv…like they are above the law or something
And yes I have copies of my MEC and associated paperwork I carry with me every day at work.
There you go driver! It's your life and livelihood, protect it. FXF is only interested in how you will affect their metrics. And you are correct they do consider themselves above the law on all counts!