FedEx Freight | DOT physical "wallet card"

I spoke with my supervisor and he said he was just going to shrink it down for me and send them that...he said the same thing, why would they want it so small you can't even read it when we have a nice full size piece of paper...?
Most drivers go to the concentra clinic where they still give the wallet cards while I went to a care now clinic which is also company approved clinic.

He has re-submitted it as of this morning so let's see what happens.
Very frustrating after passing a physical and getting another 2 year certificate just for FedEx safety to reject it over something so dumb.
I tell you they will give a purple shirt to anyone these days...one day a kid is driving a forklift part time, next day he has on a purple shirt and a new ego to go with it
Thanks for all the responses
DO NOT GO TO CONCENTRA!

Did my DOT physical at a Care Now clinic, got a 2 year card.
Clinic gave me the MEC and related DOT forms but all on standard sized 8x12 pieces of paper.

No wallet card, they said they don't give those out.
This isn't the first time this has happened and it's never been an issue in the past with FedEx. My last exam at a different clinic I did get a wallet card.

Looking online with a google search it doesn't really seem to be a requirement any longer to physically carry a wallet card as everything is electronically submitted and attached to your CDL information in all the systems.

NOW, FedEx safety is saying I'm required to have a wallet card and "rejected" my physical until I get one.
I went to the DMV and they accepted and updated everything just fine no issues.
Called the clinic and asked for a wallet card (again) and they basically said sorry we gave you your MEC and associated paperwork and that's all you need and it's transmitted electronically to the DOT.

I guess I could shrink it down on a copy machine...seems kinda dumb as I have the form in my clipboard I carry with me everywhere I drive a company truck.

So what's the story here? Anyone have the same issue with FedEx and a wallet card?
In my 31+ years of driving I've never had this issue having a company "reject" my physical for this.
I got the same thing. A booklet of paperwork. I just put it in a envelope and put in front zip pouch on work cooler/backpack, because my fat ass isn't going to forget my cooler....

I got the same thing. A booklet of paperwork. I just put it in a envelope and put in front zip pouch on work cooler/backpack, because my fat ass isn't going to forget my cooler....

I'm the same way with my phone. No wallet, I keep my license, a debit card and 2 credit cards in my phone case. I keep about 100 cash in my backpack with my DOT card. I know I won't forget my backpack because it stays in my trunk and I never leave the house without my phone.

Only 100?

We had a couple thousand we could get to and several accounts large enough to get to by wire same day. A stand alone credit card took care of the details when necessary.

Going to Petro for dinner today is damn near 100 for two people now to have a proper feed.

DO NOT GO TO CONCENTRA!
Yeah I learned that my last physical they made me do a sleep test. They said I had sleep apnea...my doctor disagreed after seeing the results.
He told me it's just a money grab by concentra and the sleep test company to sell c-pap machines and he gave me his blessing and I took it back to concentra and they tried to argue with me about the results and my doctors recommendation. I said call my doctor, and I'll call my lawyer...all of a sudden I was handed a 2 year card

I have been avoiding Concentra for most of my life. What a :shit:hole clinic.

Used to be one in what we called sherwood in NLR area and they sent me there (JBH of all places.)

They handed me a clipboard and a paper form. Back then there was not much of anything in databases. All manual.

No, no, no, no, no, no and no to everything. Sit in office a moment repeat no no no no no no and no and what ****ing part of no do you not understand?

They threw the two year card at me and took pains to ban me from there. I made a loud scene but not too loud to get arrested or something. It was very much a stress relief to raise my sea going voice from the ocean and roar at the doc. WHAT PART OF EFFING NO DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND!? They all heard me in the entire building.

I could not be happier.

Yeah I learned that my last physical they made me do a sleep test. They said I had sleep apnea...my doctor disagreed after seeing the results.
He told me it's just a money grab by concentra and the sleep test company to sell c-pap machines and he gave me his blessing and I took it back to concentra and they tried to argue with me about the results and my doctors recommendation. I said call my doctor, and I'll call my lawyer...all of a sudden I was handed a 2 year card
We either get the choice of concentra or the little clinic. Little clinic wanted to give me a 1 year card, concentra gave me a two year.

I dropped a bunch of weight and got off that :shit:ty CPAP.

I got stopped by D.O.T. in Scranton. They didn't ask me for my card. He was able access it on his computer.
The state police know if your physical is valid anytime they run your license. In his computer screen, it just says valid or expired. That’s why you update it with your state DMV when you renew your CDL. If you let your physical expire, it will suspend your CDL at midnight that day.