XPO | DOT required sleep study?

I have been fighting for mine for 4 mo now I use the VA for my sleep study so it was covered buy them but I still don't have a full yr yet I checked with the DOT and it is legal if you want to check it out go to the DOT web site it will explain it is not a requirement for everyone yet it is up to the DR. I have to get my chip in my cpac read before March they just keep giving me a 3 mo card.

i just got my two year card, i take bp, and cholesterol med. how? because it aint none of there damn business. all they want is more control and money, i go to my doctor twice a year and other wise in good shape. now i just gotta get my hazmat renewed, again they just want money even though con-way pays i have to take a day off to travel 2hrs one way to get fingerprints.

i just got my two year card, i take bp, and cholesterol med. how? because it aint none of there damn business. all they want is more control and money, i go to my doctor twice a year and other wise in good shape. now i just gotta get my hazmat renewed, again they just want money even though con-way pays i have to take a day off to travel 2hrs one way to get fingerprints.
I just got my two year card and I have narcolepsy and seizures. How? Because it ain't none of their damn business. Where am I ? What just happened ? Who's at the door ? Oh sh!t , how did I lose control of my forklift ? Why is my set headed for that car with the family in it ? Whatever , it still ain't none of their damn business!

I am going to start this with a disclaimer. I have been retired for 2 years and am not current on the "new" regs. that being said I recently did an at home sleep study. I do not know if it is DOT legal or not but the cost is about 250 to 300. still alot of cash but a better alternative

That's all good and everything, I'm sure a lot of people don't say anything about taking BP meds. But, your taking a risk of losing your CDL and maybe going to jail if you were ever involved in a fatallity accident. The chances of that are really low, but high BP does cause a lot of problems. That's why you have to get re-certified annually.

does this mean in 2014 i may get a bid after all the chubbies are gone?i may start buying pizzas for all the guys with more seniority than me.......no no chubby i insist have another slice.......but seriously i am 6'1'' and weigh 220 lbs and by the criteria set by these clowns i am 20 lbs overweight,dont look fat dont feel fat but according to this i am borderline obese get in shape fellas bcuz it is coming.

does this mean in 2014 i may get a bid after all the chubbies are gone?i may start buying pizzas for all the guys with more seniority than me.......no no chubby i insist have another slice.......but seriously i am 6'1'' and weigh 220 lbs and by the criteria set by these clowns i am 20 lbs overweight,dont look fat dont feel fat but according to this i am borderline obese get in shape fellas bcuz it is coming.
I am doomed then , at 6 foot 215 lbs.

yes you're right i am taking a risk.but if ido have a fatal accident for me or the other guy im screwded any way,
That's all good and everything, I'm sure a lot of people don't say anything about taking BP meds. But, your taking a risk of losing your CDL and maybe going to jail if you were ever involved in a fatallity accident. The chances of that are really low, but high BP does cause a lot of problems. That's why you have to get re-certified annually.

They've been talking about a driver shortage for years, but these new rules are going to make it happen. Those of us who are disqualified will be looking for new careers, and those who remain will be more valuable.

They've been talking about a driver shortage for years, but these new rules are going to make it happen. Those of us who are disqualified will be looking for new careers, and those who remain will be more valuable.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I have had High blood pressure and dibeties for over 15 yr now I have to get checked ever year I have some friends that have had heart attacks also and the get check ever year so now I have to sleep with a machine on me every night the is also a couple of other drivers at our barn that sleep with the machine so it is just something else that new will have to do until I retire.