XPO | DOUBLE STANDARDS -eating at me!!!

presto6969

TB Lurker
Credits
We have a leadman that helps the FOS, or supposedly.... He doesn't find things to do, as we are expected to do. He isn't an FOS, but gets away with standing there talking and shooting the sh*t as long as he wants to with whomever he wants to. But if I'm trying to help a rookie to learn how to load freight properly and not stage everything, he'll look over at us and say get his phone # and call him later. Or if my pen runs out of ink and I don't have another one, and ask the FOS for one he tells me that they don't supply us with that and we need to buy our own. Meanwhile the office personel and FOS's and leadmen get pens and anything else that they want out of the supply drawers.

Management as a whole act like their better than the drivers or dock workers. Everytime I go to work their always having pizza or something to eat. The T/M even supplies the FOS's and leadmen Monster energy drinks and sodas, by the case, while us lowly drivers don't get sh*t. :nutkick:

If we go under as a company I will never forgive management for allowing and buying into this over spending and disregard for time management on all levels. :chairshot:

we have a leadman that helps the fos, or supposedly.... He doesn't find things to do, as we are expected to do. He isn't an fos, but gets away with standing there talking and shooting the sh*t as long as he wants to with whomever he wants to. But if i'm trying to help a rookie to learn how to load freight properly and not stage everything, he'll look over at us and say get his phone # and call him later. Or if my pen runs out of ink and i don't have another one, and ask the fos for one he tells me that they don't supply us with that and we need to buy our own. Meanwhile the office personel and fos's and leadmen get pens and anything else that they want out of the supply drawers.

Management as a whole act like their better than the drivers or dock workers. Everytime i go to work their always having pizza or something to eat. The t/m even supplies the fos's and leadmen monster energy drinks and sodas, by the case, while us lowly drivers don't get sh*t. :nutkick:

If we go under as a company i will never forgive management for allowing and buying into this over spending and disregard for time management on all levels. :chairshot:

efca........

We have a leadman that helps the FOS, or supposedly.... He doesn't find things to do, as we are expected to do. He isn't an FOS, but gets away with standing there talking and shooting the sh*t as long as he wants to with whomever he wants to. But if I'm trying to help a rookie to learn how to load freight properly and not stage everything, he'll look over at us and say get his phone # and call him later. Or if my pen runs out of ink and I don't have another one, and ask the FOS for one he tells me that they don't supply us with that and we need to buy our own. Meanwhile the office personel and FOS's and leadmen get pens and anything else that they want out of the supply drawers.

Management as a whole act like their better than the drivers or dock workers. Everytime I go to work their always having pizza or something to eat. The T/M even supplies the FOS's and leadmen Monster energy drinks and sodas, by the case, while us lowly drivers don't get sh*t. :nutkick:

If we go under as a company I will never forgive management for allowing and buying into this over spending and disregard for time management on all levels. :chairshot:
WOW! That sounds like where I work.EFCA= Employee Free Choice Act I think. I wonder if a certain group of pension funds are gonna need bailout money soon? We are not perfect by any strech of the imagination but we are not getting choked to near death as some others are. Our hands are tied because if we were to band together with so called unity it would be the same song differant verse. As bad as it sucks I feel in my opinion we have the lesser of two evils and are just gonna have to live with it because there really isn't much we can do about it. I am not at all happy about what is going on within this company,but have come to accept that it is what it is and there is nothing I can do to control it. I am in this for the long haul and riding the train as far as it will take me.

double standards

yes its all about who you know and like,double standards are all over the place,watch out.:1036316054:

WOW! That sounds like where I work.EFCA= Employee Free Choice Act I think. I wonder if a certain group of pension funds are gonna need bailout money soon? We are not perfect by any strech of the imagination but we are not getting choked to near death as some others are. Our hands are tied because if we were to band together with so called unity it would be the same song differant verse. As bad as it sucks I feel in my opinion we have the lesser of two evils and are just gonna have to live with it because there really isn't much we can do about it. I am not at all happy about what is going on within this company,but have come to accept that it is what it is and there is nothing I can do to control it. I am in this for the long haul and riding the train as far as it will take me.

So I should sign a card so I can get a 29 cent pen and a slice of pizza???

The IBT is going to allow YRC to work for 19.00 top rate.
The rest in the NMFA will follow.

Why would anybody want a part of that?

So I should sign a card so I can get a 29 cent pen and a slice of pizza???

The IBT is going to allow YRC to work for 19.00 top rate.
The rest in the NMFA will follow.

Why would anybody want a part of that?

$19.00 top rate? Where do you get your Information. Do you have a crystal ball?

double standard

man get it off your chest. if you have proof or others that feel the same way get together and get it resolved. first start with the fos and then go to the tm and then to the district mgr. and if that dont work call personal. but have your ducks in a row. try to do this all in the same day so you can get it over. you have to use the ladder starting at the bottom or you will get no where. if anyone along the way hassles you about it,then screw them and go right to the top and let them know why you had to resort to this. good luck

man get it off your chest. if you have proof or others that feel the same way get together and get it resolved. first start with the fos and then go to the tm and then to the district mgr. and if that dont work call personal. but have your ducks in a row. try to do this all in the same day so you can get it over. you have to use the ladder starting at the bottom or you will get no where. if anyone along the way hassles you about it,then screw them and go right to the top and let them know why you had to resort to this. good luck

I agree it does not hurt to bring things to their attention. It may or may not get resolved to your satisfaction.....but at least you will feel better.Remember you can catch more flies with honey and a little tactfullness goes a long way.:1036316054:

Sound advice. That crap burns my britches too. There is also an employee hotline which I do not have the number to.

I recently posted this in another thread. It has basis in this topic though. This country is either going back to a strong blue collar economy or we are not going to be the #1 country in the world much longer. The "choice" will be ours once again and this time it will be a stronger more unified, publicly accepted choice. I believe! YRC is going anywhere and with the administration and the way our country is voting, the real change is coming. If YRC were to pay a flat $19 Conway would be paying $15 an hour. UPS had the right idea and many, many more will follow. Not only in LTL but in most sectors of our economy. Manufacturing & trucking will be stronger than ever, soon.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

With the economy in the situation we're currently in and the president being a "democrat", I see this as the best situation the blue collar worker has been in in out countries history. We've become a country the relies on the financial sector to keep the country moving. Every great nation that's went down this road has eventually come to the conclusion that it's economy can't work that way. Manufacturing will be making a major comeback in the not so far off future and the working man will once again be way of life that's "MIDDLE CLASS AMERICA". This is something history has shown, time and time again. Great Britain pre WWI, Spain during the Gold era. Since the 1960's we quickly went away from producing anything and went almost wholy towards the management of wealth and that's something that's not proven too well. We've experienced in the last 10 years 3 major bubbles that's proven this point all too well. The dot.com bubble (craziness), the housing bubble(greed and even more insanity) & the credit bubble (a total loss of mind for the average family). All of these are what the economy has been based on and we are now witnessing the affects of what not having a manufacturing base will do. No great nation has ever lasted by loaning money. That's why China has become so quickly what we used to be. They are the worlds largest manufacturer and the worlds piggy bank for loans. The average american will soon realize that the decline of the U**NS have played a significant role in the loss of middle class America. In the 40's & 50's middle class America had 2 parents and a hand full of kids with 1 of those parents being able to stay home and raise a family. In this crazed age we're in now, both parents must work just to ensure the credit card bills are paid and their insanely overpriced home is not foreclosed on because everyone has got too keep up with the Smith's next door. It's no wonder why kids in America are completely out of control and getting worse. We've forgotten have to raise children and be a family. The last 3 bubbles have proven that. The dot.com bubble showed how neive people are and how everyone wants to get rich quick, the housing bubble showed how STUPID people are and want to get rich quick (I don't feel bad for anyone that bought a home when prices more than doubled in 5 years and now they want a bailout?? and the credit crisis is what I am talking about! This countries main job is the financial market and since 95% of Americans are blue collar workers and nobody makes any real money(that which is not plastic) who's money are we investing? Here's something everyone should remember and the number is rising daily and not in the blue collar direction, 2% of the worlds population owns 98% of the worlds money, need I say anymore? I've never worked for a U***N but I am glad they are going to get this need card check signed in and I would join up in a minute. They way we're heading now, what do we have too lose? If things turn around and I pray they do for the sake of this country or we are really doomed, I would like to that 50's family over what's available today in this new millenium.

I recently posted this in another thread. It has basis in this topic though. This country is either going back to a strong blue collar economy or we are not going to be the #1 country in the world much longer. The "choice" will be ours once again and this time it will be a stronger more unified, publicly accepted choice. I believe! YRC is going anywhere and with the administration and the way our country is voting, the real change is coming. If YRC were to pay a flat $19 Conway would be paying $15 an hour. UPS had the right idea and many, many more will follow. Not only in LTL but in most sectors of our economy. Manufacturing & trucking will be stronger than ever, soon.

With the economy in the situation we're currently in and the president being a "democrat", I see this as the best situation the blue collar worker has been in in out countries history. We've become a country the relies on the financial sector to keep the country moving. Every great nation that's went down this road has eventually come to the conclusion that it's economy can't work that way. Manufacturing will be making a major comeback in the not so far off future and the working man will once again be way of life that's "MIDDLE CLASS AMERICA". This is something history has shown, time and time again. Great Britain pre WWI, Spain during the Gold era. Since the 1960's we quickly went away from producing anything and went almost wholy towards the management of wealth and that's something that's not proven too well. We've experienced in the last 10 years 3 major bubbles that's proven this point all too well. The dot.com bubble (craziness), the housing bubble(greed and even more insanity) & the credit bubble (a total loss of mind for the average family). All of these are what the economy has been based on and we are now witnessing the affects of what not having a manufacturing base will do. No great nation has ever lasted by loaning money. That's why China has become so quickly what we used to be. They are the worlds largest manufacturer and the worlds piggy bank for loans. The average american will soon realize that the decline of the U**NS have played a significant role in the loss of middle class America. In the 40's & 50's middle class America had 2 parents and a hand full of kids with 1 of those parents being able to stay home and raise a family. In this crazed age we're in now, both parents must work just to ensure the credit card bills are paid and their insanely overpriced home is not foreclosed on because everyone has got too keep up with the Smith's next door. It's no wonder why kids in America are completely out of control and getting worse. We've forgotten have to raise children and be a family. The last 3 bubbles have proven that. The dot.com bubble showed how neive people are and how everyone wants to get rich quick, the housing bubble showed how STUPID people are and want to get rich quick (I don't feel bad for anyone that bought a home when prices more than doubled in 5 years and now they want a bailout?? and the credit crisis is what I am talking about! This countries main job is the financial market and since 95% of Americans are blue collar workers and nobody makes any real money(that which is not plastic) who's money are we investing? Here's something everyone should remember and the number is rising daily and not in the blue collar direction, 2% of the worlds population owns 98% of the worlds money, need I say anymore? I've never worked for a U***N but I am glad they are going to get this need card check signed in and I would join up in a minute. They way we're heading now, what do we have too lose? If things turn around and I pray they do for the sake of this country or we are really doomed, I would like to that 50's family over what's available today in this new millenium.

Wrong forum, real driver....there is a reason you posted it in another forum...that's where it belonged..

Posters try to push stuff like this untill they are stopped by the mods. I kinda think it's fun to watch....although we are risking complete anarchy, the likes of which could destroy us all!

The "U" is not what I took away from this .. I understand why you guys have said what you have said but real driver has good points in his post other than the u word ...