Pitt-Ohio | Doubles

Do they no longer offer free family health insurance? It used to be unconditional but several ago working spouses became ineligible if heath insurance was available through their employer, provided that the employer contributed to the cost of premiums. Dependents were not affected by this. Like most of those affected by this, I wasn’t a fan of having two years of Pitt Ohio raises come out of my family budget to pay for something I’d always received for free, but continuing to have free coverage for myself and my kids was still a valuable benefit and the overall pay and benefit package was still very competitive when compared to other regional LTL’s. Sure there’s more money to be made at other carriers, but I personally am not interested in working for a large national corporation that operates on a 7 day work week.

As for the doubles, the option to run 2-48’s on the Ohio Tpke has existed for decades. My guess is that there’s a downside that offsets the savings or else they’d be doing it. It’s a shame because that’s something I’ve wanted to do since I first saw them as a kid riding with my dad on the NYS Thruway.

NY Teamsters Health Insurance has the same restriction on working spouses unless that's changed recently. I only pay $6.36 a week for family dental. All other benefits are covered 100% with no deductible.
I’d heard this back when Pitt excluded working spouses but didn’t know which union. I had my doubts about this being included as part of the NMFA at the time but thought it was a Teamster affiliate.

NY Teamsters Health Insurance has the same restriction on working spouses unless that's changed recently. I only pay $6.36 a week for family dental. All other benefits are covered 100% with no deductible.
No that changed a year ago...Mrs. 381 is back on my insurance.... they took it away in about 2013 or so because YRC wasn't paying in the right amount is what I heard...