XPO | Doug

safestack

TB Lurker
Credits
Well guys Doug spoke at Xde this week.Basically everything he said has us locked in .Conway doesnt want a union and if a barn goes union freight will be rerouted to other terminals..So vote no and we stand as 1.

He said the union just wants your money to help keep up the pension fund.If there was a union shop Conway would still have to keep every barn on same page.So y vote yes.

He said the union just wants your money to help keep up the pension fund.If there was a union shop Conway would still have to keep every barn on same page.So y vote yes.

Why vote no, you're taking from yourself and your family.. You think you will get back what you lost? There's your no.... Where could they re-route your freight? You still have to go get your freight...They are dangling the carrot sir...

Well guys Doug spoke at Xde this week.Basically everything he said has us locked in .Conway doesnt want a union and if a barn goes union freight will be rerouted to other terminals..So vote no and we stand as 1.

If he said that, it is a violation of the National Labor Relations Act and also of the Taft–Hartley Act. Threatening to close you or take away work is against the law.

Let me guess, the company cares so much about you all of a sudden. The company cares as long as the union is in the picture. The union goes away the care goes away. Don't kid yourself.

If the corporation cared about and respected us, they would tell us to get both sides of the issue and make an informed decision.

LOL, well for decades, we have got a solid picture of one side of the issue. We should take a gander at the other side - Objectively.

The big guys like to call it "The Cost of Doing Business"... It lets them sleep at night I think...
I know where you are on this union issue per our PM's .... And because of the respect I have for you personally I think it's time to move on .... My axe to grind with the union should have died years ago with Overnite ... I lost a lot as you well know but to continue to blame the union for what happened to me is just wrong ... I share very little in the open forum as to what happened at Overnite to turn me against the union ... It's a private thing that I share with very few ... Having said that I will now STAND DOWN ..... I will read and observe this new movement ... And if a time comes I can help with this new movement with some helpful advice I may do so ... I'm sure I will have skeptics ....And rightfully so ... I have been moving on changing my stance about the union for awhile now .... But with the LOON talking with me in a non-confrontation manner and helping me with some personal issues that even he may not understand ... I think the time has come to lay down a burden that has bothered me for years ... I wish the brotherhood all the best in this new movement here 2014 .... You can thank the LOON for bringing me around.

Dues money does NOT go to the pension funds. They are separate entities. Doug lied to your face, if the encounter happened at all. Welcome to trucking boards

Dues money does NOT go to the pension funds. They are separate entities. Doug lied to your face, if the encounter happened at all. Welcome to trucking boards

A lot of people think the dues pays for the insurance and pension..they just don't understand how things work.

I know where you are on this union issue per our PM's .... And because of the respect I have for you personally I think it's time to move on .... My axe to grind with the union should have died years ago with Overnite ... I lost a lot as you well know but to continue to blame the union for what happened to me is just wrong ... I share very little in the open forum as to what happened at Overnite to turn me against the union ... It's a private thing that I share with very few ... Having said that I will now STAND DOWN ..... I will read and observe this new movement ... And if a time comes I can help with this new movement with some helpful advice I may do so ... I'm sure I will have skeptics ....And rightfully so ... I have been moving on changing my stance about the union for awhile now .... But with the LOON talking with me in a non-confrontation manner and helping me with some personal issues that even he may not understand ... I think the time has come to lay down a burden that has bothered me for years ... I wish the brotherhood all the best in this new movement here 2014 .... You can thank the LOON for bringing me around.
In closing I encourage everyone to support St. Judes Research Hospital.....My family has done so for years. Another one of my absolute favorite quotes happens to be about children....."Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man." Rabindranath Tagore.

And BTW, you better tell them to ******* give you one of those new trucks.

Working 30 years on both sides of the fence taught me several things, I won't go into them, you fellows already know what it was.. My life would have changed drastically if I would have taken the transfer after the Red Ball closing, but, I would have remained a Teamster, which I still enjoy the pride of being at one point in life.. Everyone, deserves representation, because these guys don't play fair anymore... If I could put it bluntly, we are in times of the 30's and 40's when people worked for nothing... Believe it or not, it's true.. None of the freight lines are bringing their people up to par on pay, excluding one or two.. I appreciate the flowers RAT, but I didn't do a thing, you listened and made your own determination and educated yourself.. I just pushed the buttons...

EVERYONE, have a nice day and remember those children battling cancer and various other debilitating diseases.. If you can give $50 a week for your insurance, give a child $10 when you can to help the child and their parents.. You just don't know how much they appreciate it...

You may need a copy of this to pass out for future conversations.

You make it sound like drivers and supervisors can't discus the union.

They can, supervisors just can't threaten or lie. What they can do is share knowledge and stories from a personal perspective.