XPO | Doug

There was a "Town Hall" meeting this week, but I didn't hear that Doug was there. Come to think of it, I wasn't aware of anything that came from that meeting. Perhaps I should work days....

I know where you are on this union issue per our PM's .... And because of the respect I have for you personally I think it's time to move on .... My axe to grind with the union should have died years ago with Overnite ... I lost a lot as you well know but to continue to blame the union for what happened to me is just wrong ... I share very little in the open forum as to what happened at Overnite to turn me against the union ... It's a private thing that I share with very few ... Having said that I will now STAND DOWN ..... I will read and observe this new movement ... And if a time comes I can help with this new movement with some helpful advice I may do so ... I'm sure I will have skeptics ....And rightfully so ... I have been moving on changing my stance about the union for awhile now .... But with the LOON talking with me in a non-confrontation manner and helping me with some personal issues that even he may not understand ... I think the time has come to lay down a burden that has bothered me for years ... I wish the brotherhood all the best in this new movement here 2014 .... You can thank the LOON for bringing me around.
Top that off with a little gratitude and life IS good!
There is true freedom in letting go. I do this regularly......but then I take it back!
Thanks Loon for being there for runnawaytrain.

You make it sound like drivers and supervisors can't discus the union.

They can, supervisors just can't threaten or lie. What they can do is share knowledge and stories from a personal perspective.
If lying were illegal, Most all publicly held corporations would be in jail. Management (union busters) can and will lie about what union representation entails and it's dubious affects on our future. Ours are currently told to use phrases like "In my opinion....", or "Why in God's wide world would you ever want to sign a card?".

Top that off with a little gratitude and life IS good!
There is true freedom in letting go. I do this regularly......but then I take it back!
Thanks Loon for being there for runnawaytrain.
I lost something along the way .... Gratitude was perhaps one of those things..... From the early days of the Teamsters with Sr. The days when men fought and died for just wanting to get a fair shake ........ We often forget that what we have today is because of the sacrifices others have made before us.

I lost something along the way .... Gratitude was perhaps one of those things..... From the early days of the Teamsters with Sr. The days when men fought and died for just wanting to get a fair shake ........ We often forget that what we have today is because of the sacrifices others have made before us.
LOL, that was all forgotten long long ago. Most of the early Conway peeps really had no grasp on how our biz and compensation was so very aligned to the union and it's history. Am not proud to say I left a union shop to work here, all the while being lured with fabulous tales of pensions, healthcare, vacations, employee appreciation, and respect*. People that worked here liked it and recommended making the move. I'm not very bright. If I stayed, I would be retired now and collecting a pension better then what was offered when I started in the union. Now I will work until I can't work no more....or until I make a mistake and my leaders terminate me.

*Conway WAS all that.

Overnite "s situation then and Conway"s situation now are very different. Overnite had a very good pension plan and insurance that allowed you to retire early . They were a good company . Once flew my Father home when he fell sick out on the road. Conway will never be that kind of company. They are constantly evaluating what can be reduced as far as benefits . The benefits are nothing like they were there 20 years ago and they have took and took. They should be ashamed of themselves for all the good people that have left including me. The day will come when the word will get out on them and they will not be able to get drivers.Then what will that do to them.?????

Overnite "s situation then and Conway"s situation now are very different. Overnite had a very good pension plan and insurance that allowed you to retire early . They were a good company . Once flew my Father home when he fell sick out on the road. Conway will never be that kind of company. They are constantly evaluating what can be reduced as far as benefits . The benefits are nothing like they were there 20 years ago and they have took and took. They should be ashamed of themselves for all the good people that have left including me. The day will come when the word will get out on them and they will not be able to get drivers.Then what will that do to them.?????
www.ttnews.com/articles/printopt.aspx?storyid=25156

Last edited by a moderator:
They can re route to outskirt terminals and peddle from them too. Years ago that was a company ace in da hole, let them do that with all the extra costs. Yes it will cost us too but in da long run we will still have our respect

Lol..Conway ashamed???I worked there from 95 to 97.They were bad then.Just speaking of the management

Doug will say anything . so we stand together? What a joke. then y did you steal our vacation and rob us of our pension. They can't move freight a round either whoever said against NLRB is correct they r scared. They could've done the right thing but chose not to. Greed got in the way. Wrong people in upper management.

He said the union just wants your money to help keep up the pension fund.If there was a union shop Conway would still have to keep every barn on same page.So y vote yes.

He didn't say that on the video we saw. He did say they need our money to fund their failing business plan, whatever that is. Bottom line is, they want your money. They don't care about you or your family or your future, just your money. The more members they get, the more money they have. They are no different than any other business out there.
As far as that "rat out" form goes, I love how the union wants to make sure we get no input other than theirs. How dare the company trying to protect it's future have an opinion and try to give you their side.

He didn't say that on the video we saw. He did say they need our money to fund their failing business plan, whatever that is. Bottom line is, they want your money. They don't care about you or your family or your future, just your money. The more members they get, the more money they have. They are no different than any other business out there.
As far as that "rat out" form goes, I love how the union wants to make sure we get no input other than theirs. How dare the company trying to protect it's future have an opinion and try to give you their side.
But reversed, it's all good. My boss told me that I should make an informed decision and go to union meetings. He cares. They figure decades of corporate behavior speaks for its self. My boss knows we already have the corporate side and no more "facts" are necessary. My boss is all that is pure and goodness. I just can't imagine how he can juggle his loyal allegiance to upper management and still be a friend I can trust to tell the truth. And then there's that nasty union that answers to the dues paying membership. It's a pure democratic process with periodic elections that are not bought by major stock holders. There are no caring stockholders. The members vote. One vote per member. That's just plain EVIL!!!!

The union will make you masturbate and then slit your wrists. I can see hair beginning to grow on my palms!!!

The union doesn't force anybody to sit and listen to them. The company forces you on a daily basis to attend meetings and listen to the unionbusters. Which of those situations is the american way? FREEDOM or TYRANNY?

The union doesn't force anybody to sit and listen to them. The company forces you on a daily basis to attend meetings and listen to the unionbusters. Which of those situations is the american way? FREEDOM or TYRANNY?

They pay us to sit there. And we are free to work elsewhere if we just can't stand to sit there and get paid.

They pay us. THAT'S the "American way".

The union WILL force you to not work when they tell you. They WILL force you to not patronize a business they are "picketing" for any reason.
ralphs-cart-21.jpg

They WILL "advise" you which candidates you should vote for.
george.jpg

Unions_Teamsters_11.jpg

In some unions, they WILL tell you what car you can drive and park in their lots. They WILL scratch your car if they don't like it or doesn't fit their definition of "UNION-MADE", "AMERICAN CAR", ETC, ETC, ETC...

Picture-424.png

UAW1.jpg

uaw-foreign-cars-sign.png

OK. Now, tell me that doesn't happen. BS.

Last edited by a moderator:
They pay us. THAT'S the "American way".

The union WILL force you to not work when they tell you. They WILL force you to not patronize a business they are "picketing" for any reason. They WILL "advise" you which candidates you should vote for. In some unions, they WILL tell you what car you can drive and park in their lots. They WILL scratch your car if they don't like it or doesn't fit their definition of "UNION-MADE", "AMERICAN CAR", ETC, ETC, ETC...

OK. Now, tell me that doesn't happen. BS.

Had a fella tell me my Hyundai was anti American. I told him it was built in Alabama. Might seem like another country. But it's ours.