XPO | Dress Code Policy

daygobye

TB Lurker
Credits
Now that we all have had our monday meeting on dress code, why are there still people showing up to work not in uniform.

Don't we have rules that everyone is required to follow or are they for only certain people.

Bob H from XHG shows up at NRM every night wearing sweat pant shorts. They are not company issued, so does that mean we all can wear any kind of shorts we want?

Patty H Fos at XHG confronted him last night about his sweat shorts and he replied that it didn't matter since they were blue. Well if that is good enough for him than it should be good enough for everybody..

You talk about dereliction of duty, here it is both on her part and his.. Who is in charge?? the supervisors or the drivers??

I've also been told about Lea, a greeter who wears spandex capri pants at xin. Boy that really sounds appropiate for the work place. Sounds like the uniform and dress code policies really need to be addressed and enforced..

So I think we all should show up to work wearing our spandex and or sweat pant shorts tonite so that our customers will know we are all hip truck drivers..

If management is going to ignore these 2 individuals and single out any other dsr then they are guilty of favortism , discrimination. and harassment.

So there for lets make July 9 wear your sweat pants and or spandex shorts to work day!!!

So what are you going to do con-way management? Bend the rules for a select few or make those who do not abide by the rules adhere to them.

I know I'll be wearing my sweat pant shorts or my size 52 spandex shorts on the dock tonite. So you better back up cause it's going to look like a can of biscuits busting out.

remember the rules are for everyone not for some

If they get to be comfortable then I should, tonight when I get in the truck I'm gonna strip down to my underwear & drive to & from reship like that..

p.s. I might have my dome light on at some time so don't be lookin at me ya perv.:hide:

I was thinking about going commando, but lo and behold, there is a policy about that too...I fear my spandex days are well behind me (literally)...bad visual...113 out here today, gotta find some relief...

here we go again. worry about YOURSELF. if some knucklehead is out of code and the fos does nothing so what. does it affect YOUR paycheck? back to Bangledesh, crawlin' wit vermin. every co. has the same type issues. I'd like to wear an earring like the guys in the west can do. I'd like to wear an earring like our women drivers do in the east(against policy) but the rules are i can't so i don't. suck it up and move da freight

here we go again. worry about YOURSELF. if some knucklehead is out of code and the fos does nothing so what. does it affect YOUR paycheck? back to Bangledesh, crawlin' wit vermin. every co. has the same type issues. I'd like to wear an earring like the guys in the west can do. I'd like to wear an earring like our women drivers do in the east(against policy) but the rules are i can't so i don't. suck it up and move da freight

Exactly!! Well said. When I have every one of my own problems solved, resolved, and out of the way, then I'll worry about other peoples business. Until then, I'll just shut-up and drive the truck.

open your pockets con-way will fill'em. do it their way you'll make alot more money. don-t be distracted by incidental sh!t just max your hours ang let your bosses know you make more than they do,alot more. it'll give you a warm feeling inside.

File Suit-CON-way will give you cash. And Max your hours at the same time. That way you get paid from both ends.:USA::USA::USA::USA:

You guys cant wear earings? Boy what's this world coming to. I never wear my shirt on the dock. it's too hot and uncomfortable. I keep one in the truck but I never been told to go and put it on

This sounds just like the big rigger that says "you drive your truck, I'll drive mine" after you let him know he almost ran someone off the road. God forbid anyone point out someone else's misstep. I think it's perfectly fine for him to vent about how policies are not applied uniformly (no pun intended). So, "you post your rant, he'll post his"!

Now that we all have had our monday meeting on dress code, why are there still people showing up to work not in uniform.

Don't we have rules that everyone is required to follow or are they for only certain people.

Bob H from XHG shows up at NRM every night wearing sweat pant shorts. They are not company issued, so does that mean we all can wear any kind of shorts we want?

Patty H Fos at XHG confronted him last night about his sweat shorts and he replied that it didn't matter since they were blue. Well if that is good enough for him than it should be good enough for everybody..

You talk about dereliction of duty, here it is both on her part and his.. Who is in charge?? the supervisors or the drivers??

I've also been told about Lea, a greeter who wears spandex capri pants at xin. Boy that really sounds appropiate for the work place. Sounds like the uniform and dress code policies really need to be addressed and enforced..

So I think we all should show up to work wearing our spandex and or sweat pant shorts tonite so that our customers will know we are all hip truck drivers..

If management is going to ignore these 2 individuals and single out any other dsr then they are guilty of favortism , discrimination. and harassment.

So there for lets make July 9 wear your sweat pants and or spandex shorts to work day!!!

So what are you going to do con-way management? Bend the rules for a select few or make those who do not abide by the rules adhere to them.

I know I'll be wearing my sweat pant shorts or my size 52 spandex shorts on the dock tonite. So you better back up cause it's going to look like a can of biscuits busting out.

remember the rules are for everyone not for some

Do you wear the proper uniform all the time? If so...what does it matter to you what others are wearing???

That is a huge problem in our cozy little, everybody meddles, company...mind your business, do the work you are hired to do, dont worry about everybody else...

Do you wear the proper uniform all the time? If so...what does it matter to you what others are wearing???

That is a huge problem in our cozy little, everybody meddles, company...mind your business, do the work you are hired to do, dont worry about everybody else...

It is our business! What ever happened to Look Professional-Be Professional? You of all people should understand this. With your service in the military and police work. The machine works with standards for all. It starts to fall apart when people take it upon themselves to make their own standards. Personally I find it disgusting when people where sweatpants that get sucked up into their *** crack to the point that the inseam is 3' higher than the out seam. Is that Professional? Setting around waiting on a company payoff must have skewed you thought process. Press on

The machine works with standards for all. It starts to fall apart when people take it upon themselves to make their own standards ..............................can some tell me if this statement applys to s.c.m.s............ the whole company is going to hell in handbasket due to the standards be thrown out the window and G.O. having no choice to back them when pushed up against the wall

The machine works with standards for all. It starts to fall apart when people take it upon themselves to make their own standards ..............................can some tell me if this statement applys to s.c.m.s............
Yes. Press on

Woman driver wears earrings on job, some of the guys too. Company issued pants/shorts worn only but blue or black tshirts (in good/excellent shape) with no lettering can be worn on dock as long as a company shirt is in their truck. Everyone (except woman driver) has short hair and any with beards/mustaches keep them trimmed short.

Trimmed short? next thing you know they'll be inspecting the nether regions and issuing "personal grooming" guidelines....anyone up for a Brazilian wax job?!

I'll try anything once...almost anything...and, out west you can have hair down to the "nether regions" if you are a guy, but you must tuck it up under your hat while on the job...don't know if that applies elsewhere or not...and it doesn't apply to me, cuz I sport that Charlie Brown hairstyle at this stage in my life...the upside, of course, is lower expense for shampoo and electricity for a blowdryer..

Trimmed short? next thing you know they'll be inspecting the nether regions and issuing "personal grooming" guidelines....anyone up for a Brazilian wax job?!

First we couldn't afford all the wax my driver would need.
Second, we couldn't afford to fix the spa where the wax would be applied, ripped off and driver tearing the place down getting out.
Last, if my husband gets all of his "fur" removed from front and back, he'll then have to sit on a pillow to be able to see over the dash. :hysterical:

BTW, he never thinks my last comment is funny. :funky:

First we couldn't afford all the wax my driver would need.
Second, we couldn't afford to fix the spa where the wax would be applied, ripped off and driver tearing the place down getting out.
Last, if my husband gets all of his "fur" removed from front and back, he'll then have to sit on a pillow to be able to see over the dash. :hysterical:

BTW, he never thinks my last comment is funny. :funky:

You married a relative of bigfoot.:hysterical::biglaugh: I wouldn't want my wife telling a bunch of people on a forum that either, however I would think it was funny.

Hey, it's all in fun and it's not all true, it's joking really :1036316054:
Besides he'd probably tell ya real men have HAIR......all over LOL!!

You married a relative of bigfoot.:hysterical::biglaugh: I wouldn't want my wife telling a bunch of people on a forum that either, however I would think it was funny.

It is our business! What ever happened to Look Professional-Be Professional? You of all people should understand this. With your service in the military and police work. The machine works with standards for all. It starts to fall apart when people take it upon themselves to make their own standards. Personally I find it disgusting when people where sweatpants that get sucked up into their *** crack to the point that the inseam is 3' higher than the out seam. Is that Professional? Setting around waiting on a company payoff must have skewed you thought process. Press on

Conway is nothing remotely like anything i have been associated with...conway is in business to make money, nothing more nothing less...and that is all they are about.

the look professional-be professional...well that sort of went out the door with the pension, and sick days, etc...the being treated by whomever feels however they want to treat you at that particular moment in time, the do as i say not as a do mentality of our first and second lines of managers, the unwavering cost before all else attitude and its effects on employees...the general move from a quasi-family type of company to corporate america...yes, stomp on your employees over and over and over again...then expect them to be professional...tell you what pal...it isnt going to happen...maybe in 10 years when the older common workers have departed through attrition and replaced by the newer generation people will the professionalism that once was will return, but while there are still people who work here who have had their retirement dreams ruthlessly ripped away from them after giving themselves to conway for the time they have...you can stuff that professionalism...what you going to do fire me because i dont wear my uniform right?? So what, i will get another job elsewhere and make the same thing i make here and do so without promises being stuffed up my rectum in the manner that conway has...

professionalism, pride, respect...they are all hand in hand and have varying types...when you show an active interest in your employees you get these things without having to demand it, you have higher morale, better work ethics, generally people who want their jobs because they are happy where they are...conway ripped that from us...so i say let the machine break down...i will look just as pretty in any color truck...