XPO | Dress Code Policy

We go from talking about the Dress Code Policy to Work Comp injuries.
ccxnobody, I feel for you and hope they take care of your situation.
I wish that on no one.

Here is a 100% real life situation that actually happened. A quick scenario.
  • Driver fell on his tail bone while on duty.
  • Out of work for nearly a year.
  • Received treatments starting from basic to full blown back fusion surgery.
  • Hired an attorney who settled the case rather than take it to trial. (Keyword: Settled the case rather than take it to trial!)

Outcome A:
Travelers dangled a 70,000.00+ settlement carrot and employee bit.
Actually His Work Comp. Lawyer didn't want to go through trial and convinced the unaware driver to take it. (Too much paperwork when he can take cases and settle them easier. Keywords: Find an attorney who is a shark and will not shy away from taking cases to trial!)
Driver now drives for another trucking company.

Outcome B:
Travelers stated they were in the midst of losing a huge claim to this employee and crossed their fingers that it would not go to trial.
Thank goodness for hurt driver who believed 78,0000 was a ton of money.
It's almost standard practice that an employee will quickly settle like this.
What he didn't know was what he could have received if he went to trial.
------->450,000.00<-------- Click between arrows to see the amount this unaware driver did not get. He had a slam dunk case and did not realize it.

I let the cat out of the bag with this story. I just had to let you drivers know.

Know your lawyer and read the Work Comp Benefits book, educate yourself online.

They get a decent chunk of money just for filing paperwork and settling work comp claims. Easy as pie for them.

Conway has hired a very nice law firm here in CT...conway allows this firm to hourly **** them if they are saving money...every time this firm has to represent them, they charge...conway allows this....

Conway is now in over 14000.00 in monies they have not paid and are supposed to pay...they know this, travellers knows this, their lawyers know this and the workmen's comp commissioner knows this...but it has to be a trial to order conway to pay...their lawyer even agreed to a 4-6 week advance two hearings ago and for whatever reason, have not paid it to date...that hearing was in June.

Conways initial response to my 225k settlement was 30k...that is why i stated it was insulting...they did this knowing the then, upcoming hearing, the commissioner would recommend somewhere in the middle...the commissioner did not take into account of any future surgeries as they were not hardcore stated in the case by my two doctors...he recommended 90k and yes, they were eager to settle for that...but as this commissioner can not order conway to settle, he cannot order me to settle and i didnt...instead I went back to the doctors and had the surgery stuff they verbally informed me of, written and that is where it is at now...i am currently awaiting approval for additional surgery on my wrist, my doctor requested the approval and conway as i mentioned opted for the second opinion...and now I await the approval for that so as i can get my wrist fixed...

We had an earlier thread a few months ago about workmens comp...a lawyer is a must...travellers does this stuff for a living...you cannot battle travellers...if travellers doesnt save money for conway at YOUR expense, they lose conway as a client...that is their income...their sole purpose is cost containment for our employer...it is sad, but understandably needed with the amount of people in this day and age screwing companies through workmens comp and other programs...

DW's example is pretty good...and very true...it is how it works with corporate america and conway...as for my own lawyer...she is wonderful...now i realize people like me is her lively hood, but she has never encouraged settlement just as cash...she is very much interested in my health...i find it annoying at times, but her intentions overall are strictly for my health..maybe i am gulliable but who knows...often times in the beginning back in late 2006 i regretted hiring her and wondered why i couldnt find the ole &quot;lets screw them the best we can&quot; type of lawyer...but i have stuck with her and she has outlined every penny i am entitled to under the laws of CT and our demands have been well under the maximum amount...conway has demonstrated very bad faith in my case, and i can only assume it is the company norm...

wow ... good luck with that

litigation is another way of wearing one out

Nah...litigation isnt that bad...i sit here and i get an email or phone call from my attorney explaining what happened at the hearings..then a few days later i get a letter in the mail from the attorney covering the hearing...

with the hearings in 2006/2007 and the hearings in 2008, i havent gone to any of them yet, she does...i did want to go, but a hearing on monday at 1pm is sort of hard to attend when you have to work LH that night...though i am going to try and go to this next one we have coming up just to see how it works...

Problem I have with them is, as mentioned before, you can't see driver walking across the lot to their trucks in the dark. White was readily visible so were the brown jackets with the florescent stripe but these...,gotta wonder if it was thought through.

white was only at CCX..CSE and CWX always had darker shirts...i was sorta glad to see darker shirts...they hide the grime and dirt better then the white...and when they start to wear out, they dont look as crappy as the paper thin white shirts with the pink skin (cultural sensitive moment here) per se..under them...not that i readily wore any of their shirts, but once i figured out they were actually cooler to wear while hostling then the sleeved t-shirts i was wearing (prior to being told we couldnt wear the cut-off sleeveless t's anymore), i started wearing them in the summer while hostling...the new ones though i didnt get a chance to test them out in the hostler as i had already had to give it up do to my back and wrist injuries...