XPO | Dress Code Policy

if ones wife does shine their husbands boots, is that a bad thing? Mines been doing mine for years...hello...perhaps someone needs to get with the program. Oh and once you get that down pat, you need to start rubbing his feet while he's in the recliner. ;-D

I get his clothes laid out while he's in the bathtub, sometimes I run the water. I wake him up with his food in my hands so he can eat before getting out. I change out the stuff in his pants and then while he's gone at night I tape all of the shows he wants to watch, even tho I hate them and I'd take all of the commercials out. He gets back rubs.

When he gets home in the morning I get him a coke, fluff the bed, have the tv on, video set, remote ready so all he has to do is lay down and watch his shows.

I go to the store and get his goodies and cokes for his L/H runs, even drive him to and from work sometimes.

And all of this while waiting on my cardiologist to let me know when my heart surgery is needed, and taking several medications. :1036316054: Shining his boots aren't a bad thing, just that he has work boot and not the kind that will shine. When they look really scruffy I make him go get a new pair. So the shoeshining part was more of a joke on my part. I'm of the old school, man works, takes care of his family and the wife takes care of the home. As for women who do work outside of the home, that's great, it's their choice and I'm not knocking it. It's whatever works for you and your family or what you have to do. :1036316054:

if ones wife does shine their husbands boots, is that a bad thing? Mines been doing mine for years...hello...perhaps someone needs to get with the program. Oh and once you get that down pat, you need to start rubbing his feet while he's in the recliner. ;-D

I get his clothes laid out while he's in the bathtub, sometimes I run the water. I wake him up with his food in my hands so he can eat before getting out. I change out the stuff in his pants and then while he's gone at night I tape all of the shows he wants to watch, even tho I hate them and I'd take all of the commercials out. He gets back rubs.

When he gets home in the morning I get him a coke, fluff the bed, have the tv on, video set, remote ready so all he has to do is lay down and watch his shows.

I go to the store and get his goodies and cokes for his L/H runs, even drive him to and from work sometimes.

And all of this while waiting on my cardiologist to let me know when my heart surgery is needed, and taking several medications. :1036316054: Shining his boots aren't a bad thing, just that he has work boot and not the kind that will shine. When they look really scruffy I make him go get a new pair. So the shoeshining part was more of a joke on my part. I'm of the old school, man works, takes care of his family and the wife takes care of the home. As for women who do work outside of the home, that's great, it's their choice and I'm not knocking it. It's whatever works for you and your family or what you have to do. :1036316054:

Yeah we're old school too. It's a shame more can't be. But it seems most can't efford just one income and it's just getting worst. I'm afraid it's becoming a thing of the past.

Some women just aren't "made" to stay home with kids, some couples want a lifestyle that starts at least in the middle (we started on the very bottom) and others HAVE to work. Young couples just starting out have to have more than minimum wage and that's about all they'll get while inexperienced.

Then again more women are going to college and want to use their degree after all of that hard work to get it.

At the moment my husband has to stay on L/H because I can't work and the $$$$ we'll have to put out when I have heart surgery is gonna be a killer. I hate it for him and hate how it affects him. I've gone from being on the go, going to college while taking care of my family to a lump in a chair. I hate it.

Sorry, I get upset about it. I did apply for a work from home job so I can work the hours I feel good and put my paycheck back into savings to take the pressure off of my husband.

Meanwhile he's about to holler about the remote. Amazing how he can load a trailer to the very inch and get it right but can't figure out the same remote we've had for years :hysterical: Ya think I've SPOILED him too much?? :funky:

Yeah we're old school too. It's a shame more can't be. But it seems most can't efford just one income and it's just getting worst. I'm afraid it's becoming a thing of the past.

I change out the stuff in his pants and then while he's gone at night I tape all of the shows he wants to watch, even tho I hate them and I'd take all of the commercials out. He gets back rubs.
Hey TiredWife, I'm almost scared to ask what the "stuff" in his pants is!!:hysterical::hysterical:

On a serious note I must say that since I have been in the LTL business I am very proud of most linehaul drivers for most companies on there appearance! Uniform or not! I dont personally have to wear one but I always have on my never been used work boots:hysterical:, a collared shirt, and a clean pair of jeans. I dont wear panties but if I did they would be clean too.!:biglaugh: But seriously, us "Night Riders" that are out there moving America are getting noticed. I have been complimented in truck stops before about how us LTL co. drivers are always so polite and well dressed and "why cant all drivers be like that?" I dont know the answer to that question but I take pride in my Job and company so I owe it to myself, the company, and the public to look like the professional I want to be considered. So you guys carry on about the Uniform thing, all I got to say is....I love you TIREDDVRSWIFE!!!!:kiss2:

Now that we all have had our monday meeting on dress code, why are there still people showing up to work not in uniform.

Don't we have rules that everyone is required to follow or are they for only certain people.

Bob H from XHG shows up at NRM every night wearing sweat pant shorts. They are not company issued, so does that mean we all can wear any kind of shorts we want?

Patty H Fos at XHG confronted him last night about his sweat shorts and he replied that it didn't matter since they were blue. Well if that is good enough for him than it should be good enough for everybody..

You talk about dereliction of duty, here it is both on her part and his.. Who is in charge?? the supervisors or the drivers??

I've also been told about Lea, a greeter who wears spandex capri pants at xin. Boy that really sounds appropiate for the work place. Sounds like the uniform and dress code policies really need to be addressed and enforced..

So I think we all should show up to work wearing our spandex and or sweat pant shorts tonite so that our customers will know we are all hip truck drivers..

If management is going to ignore these 2 individuals and single out any other dsr then they are guilty of favortism , discrimination. and harassment.

So there for lets make July 9 wear your sweat pants and or spandex shorts to work day!!!

So what are you going to do con-way management? Bend the rules for a select few or make those who do not abide by the rules adhere to them.

I know I'll be wearing my sweat pant shorts or my size 52 spandex shorts on the dock tonite. So you better back up cause it's going to look like a can of biscuits busting out.

remember the rules are for everyone not for some

you should strip down to your PINK G STRING TO NIGHT ON THE DOCK:hysterical:

noooooo, ya'll are WRONG for thinking BAD things when I post! :hysterical:
As if ya'll didn't know that I meant his keys, money, comb, etc. Geesh. Get a grip....uh...scratch that... I mean stop it!! :biglaugh:

this is soooo wrong...i was thinking the same thing..glad you asked and i didnt have to...

The new dress code Policy is every trucker has to wear a dress

WOOHOOO!!!! I know I'd be looking!! :hide: :hysterical::biglaugh:

menindresses.jpg

i dont let conway dictate every aspect of my night im the a-hole you see with my shirt untucked and no back belt and jason a-hole in nch can kiss it you omo

Exactly!! Well said. When I have every one of my own problems solved, resolved, and out of the way, then I'll worry about other peoples business. Until then, I'll just shut-up and drive the truck.
Very well put. This is why I only lasted almost 2 years at CW before quitting. Worst job I ever had simply because of fellow employees. Not only do you have to put up with each quarter-second of time being micromanaged by job scared fanatical TM's, you have fellow workers backstabbing each other and spending more time watching others than doing work. At each terminal there were ALWAYS two groups of workers: the a$$ kissing brownies who are so (they want the supers and TM'S to think) pro company it is sickening,and the slackers. In between those two little cute warring factions you sometimes have another small group..the ones who do their job well, keep their mouth shut and don't get caught up in either the brownie or slacker club...that is where I was. I caught hell pretty much from both sides for not being "normal" and falling into one of the usual categories. The brownies came to despise me because I was quiet,did my job well, and wouldn't talk $hit about the slackers with them. The slackers despised me for putting in a hard, honest days work and not taking sides with them against the brownies. It was a no-win that much resembled a kindergarten of sorts. The company expecting a person to literally run instead of walk each second you were on the clock was bad enough but nothing compared to the co-worker thing I experienced. I know not all CW employees are not that way, I did meet some level headed, friendly people but most were loudmouthed snobs that had a tad of seniority under their belt and a perpetual stiffy for newcomers. Nothing personal here just my 2 cents without stepping (hopefully) on any toes.

I've noticed that about drivers down your way. There seems to be a LOT of attitude. But I'm sure it's pretty must everywhere. I attempt to get along with everyone but some make it a challenge. As for the running the company requires....each of us decided how hard we're going to work, no one can determine that for you. I believe in giving an honest days work but I'm not gonna kill myself for anyone. I've seen some that put more effort in avoiding work than it would have taken to do the job. My personal opinion...folk simply need to do unto others....work at getting along together, give an honest days work and draw the line at that, all the while minding thier own business.

Conway is nothing remotely like anything i have been associated with...conway is in business to make money, nothing more nothing less...and that is all they are about.

the look professional-be professional...well that sort of went out the door with the pension, and sick days, etc...the being treated by whomever feels however they want to treat you at that particular moment in time, the do as i say not as a do mentality of our first and second lines of managers, the unwavering cost before all else attitude and its effects on employees...the general move from a quasi-family type of company to corporate america...yes, stomp on your employees over and over and over again...then expect them to be professional...tell you what pal...it isnt going to happen...maybe in 10 years when the older common workers have departed through attrition and replaced by the newer generation people will the professionalism that once was will return, but while there are still people who work here who have had their retirement dreams ruthlessly ripped away from them after giving themselves to conway for the time they have...you can stuff that professionalism...what you going to do fire me because i dont wear my uniform right?? So what, i will get another job elsewhere and make the same thing i make here and do so without promises being stuffed up my rectum in the manner that conway has...

professionalism, pride, respect...they are all hand in hand and have varying types...when you show an active interest in your employees you get these things without having to demand it, you have higher morale, better work ethics, generally people who want their jobs because they are happy where they are...conway ripped that from us...so i say let the machine break down...i will look just as pretty in any color truck...

WOW I guess this little post has really got your goat!!!

"so i say let the machine break down...i will look just as pretty in any color truck...[/QUOTE] "

How the hell did you ever get hired here???

You obviously are one of the slackers who got hired during our vast expansion.. Needless to say if times had been slow you would never been hired.. You obviously don't appreciate the hard work that so many before you did to create the job that you have.. I'm sure you are too shallow to even think about that..I've been there i'm one of those guys... You are obviously not!!!

So what has the machine provided???

You say the machine should break in your opinion. Let's look at the benefits the machine still provides like a good pay check for those who work and around $700 a week for those who don't. Medical coverage for the family, whether they still live with you or not, and contributions to your 401k. With a limp wrist and bad back the "free checks" still cash! EH? If standards break down, ie the dress code, soon all standards are disregarded and you have people, oh let's say, falling out of trucks due to not following proven guidelines for entering and exiting them. Location doesn't matter. The standards should be consistent in Conn. as they are in Arizona. No matter who or where one works there are rules that are to be followed and to be enforced. Setting on a lawn chair in you underwear with a shotgun across your lap is not the answer. Sorry I can't chat longer but I need some time off so I'm going down to the Looney Bin and check in for awhile. You know, three squares a day, good meds,and a $700 a week check from the "machine". Who knows....maybe I'll sue. Is $250,000 too much?