SAIA | DriveCam ... By Lytx

runawaytrain

Wear their scorn with pride.
Credits
This is the best move for safety that this company has ever made. I know many hate DriveCam but if you will give it a chance you will understand it's here to protect you. So many drivers are so arrogant that they think they can do no wrong. That they are perfect and never make mistakes. This is a tool to help you become a safer driver as well as to protect you when your in the right. We are never to old to learn. I've done this 43 years and welcome it. Many of you haters might want to learn what the word "humility" means. If you would take the time to watch some of these videos you just might understand. www.lytx.com/resource-center/video-center

This is the best move for safety that this company has ever made. I know many hate DriveCam but if you will give it a chance you will understand it's here to protect you. So many drivers are so arrogant that they think they can do no wrong. That they are perfect and never make mistakes. This is a tool to help you become a safer driver as well as to protect you when your in the right. We are never to old to learn. I've done this 43 years and welcome it. Many of you haters might want to learn what the word "humility" means. If you would take the time to watch some of these videos you just might understand. www.lytx.com/resource-center/video-center

QvY2xkV.jpg

Gave it a chance at Con-Way and all it did was open the door to even more micromanagement and ridiculousness than there was before.

You seriously need to put the Saia kool-aid down, dude. You're starting to remind me of Beerfd from the old Con-Way board.

Gave it a chance at Con-Way and all it did was open the door to even more micromanagement and ridiculousness than there was before.

You seriously need to put the Saia kool-aid down, dude. You're starting to remind me of Beerfd from the old Con-Way board.
I knew you would eventually come after me. Perhaps I believe in what this company is trying to do. Heaven forbid they try to move forward with the new technology that is available today. I understand your reluctance to accept this since you were part of the Conway team for awhile and they used it as more of a disciplinary tool. The goal is to weed out bad habits and cut litigation cost. Habits many of us may not even know we have. It's not being used to fire people. It can be if you continue to do the same ::shit:: over and over. I'm not going to try and change your mind. You have made it clear what you think of DriveCam. You will quit before you get in one of those trucks. That's your right. I just think differently and hope that many come around. I have my opinion and you have yours and that's OK. But I will say this in closing. They are here to stay. In the next few years ever single major LTL company will have them. The upside is just to great. They will save millions in litigation and help save life's and I can't think of anything more positive than that. You will always have the skeptics that believe that big brother just wants to watch you. To babysit you. That will never change. So, I will drink the Kool-Aid. I guess it's a good thing my favorite flavor just happens to be red. Cherry.

I knew you would eventually come after me. Perhaps I believe in what this company is trying to do. Heaven forbid they try to move forward with the new technology that is available today. I understand your reluctance to accept this since you were part of the Conway team for awhile and they used it as more of a disciplinary tool. The goal is to weed out bad habits and cut litigation cost. Habits many of us may not even know we have. It's not being used to fire people. It can be if you continue to do the same :::shit::: over and over. I'm not going to try and change your mind. You have made it clear what you think of DriveCam. You will quit before you get in one of those trucks. That's your right. I just think differently and hope that many come around. I have my opinion and you have yours and that's OK. But I will say this in closing. They are here to stay. In the next few years ever single major LTL company will have them. The upside is just to great. They will save millions in litigation and help save life's and I can't think of anything more positive than that. You will always have the skeptics that believe that big brother just wants to watch you. To babysit you. That will never change. So, I will drink the Kool-Aid. I guess it's a good thing my favorite flavor just happens to be red. Cherry.
Are you friends with Jim Jones ? Isn't that the name of the guy that had everybody drink the koolade and wait on the spaceship?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is what it is. Sad that I'll have to make a career change after almost two decades of driving but I guess its for the better. This industry is going to be its own demise in a few years, after they push out the last of the decent drivers and all the senior guys that are just hanging on right now finally retire. Should have went with my first thought and stayed in school to become an engineer or done an apprenticeship.

Anyone who welcomes a driver facing camera has got to have a few screws loose. What will be next ??? Is it true that Saia won't even allow citizen band radios in the truck anymore ?
I agree.Not having someone always looking over your shoulder,is one of the last benefits of driving a truck..

Anyone who welcomes a driver facing camera has got to have a few screws loose. What will be next ??? Is it true that Saia won't even allow citizen band radios in the truck anymore ?
I don't think anyone is rolling out the red carpet for the drive cams, but kicking and screaming will not make them go away. In todays litigious society where everyone involved in a accident gets sued ,that camera may be your best friend in a civil lawsuit.

I don't think anyone is rolling out the red carpet for the drive cams, but kicking and screaming will not make them go away. In todays litigious society where everyone involved in a accident gets sued ,that camera may be your best friend in a civil lawsuit.
The camera may also be your worst enemy, most everybody is puffing their chest out saying it's not us it's the 4 wheelers fault, that is not the case. Everybody, including the million+ safe milers make mistakes. Inward facing cameras are personal injury lawyers wet dream, the company will have to supply them on demand.

Bare knuckle they are entitled to their opinion and your point is very valid. But they have some good points as well. The device is only triggered in an event and I think many of them either can't or won't believe that. Perhaps some just want to continue to be on the phone and don't want to be caught. Most every guy that hates them are the very ones that I constantly see on the phone. The 20's-40's live on Facebook. The older guys are just set in their ways and can't adapt to change. May not be just phone issues ... Eating ... Drinking ... Smoking and Dipping ... I understand all of the concerns. Perhaps my attitude has something to do with the fact that I will retire very soon and I just don't care. Honestly, I really don't know why they don't bother me but it's not because I have a few screws loose as some suggest. Since we have received these new trucks I have driven one every day. EVERY SINGLE DAY with no events. I'm sure I will have some but I will learn from them and take with me the knowledge that they have made me a safer driver. I would never be fired because of one because I will learn. I'm a professional truck driver and I don't concern myself so much as to what I do. It's more about the idiots on the road. I want proof when a jerk pulls out in front of me or swerves into my lane and then tries to blame it on me. I'm a safe driver. Deliberate in every single move I make. I live and breathe the Smith System. Perhaps that's why I'm a safe driver going on 40+ years. Look I am entitled to my opinion and I will try to tone down my enthusiasm. I don't mind being called the company suck ass but I can't really add anything more on this subject. It is just enraging certain drivers that will never change their mind. And I see nothing positive in that. Good day drivers.

Last edited: