SAIA | DriveCam ... By Lytx

Companies and management are just like government: they get loyalty and appreciation when they deserve it. Right now they certainly don't. And I don't need to appreciate having a job when I'm in a position to to basically go to any other LTL company I want to. That's the beauty of having a skill set that's in high demand.

I certainly DO think there's enough good in this company to stay around and hope for the best right now instead of leaving. I can tell you with 100% certainty that there are at least a couple dozen of us at my terminal alone that feel the same way, and will jump ship in a heartbeat if it becomes apparent that they intend to ride the ship into the ground.
Is your issue with the driver facing camera, or cameras as a whole? I feel that driver cameras are nothing more than an excuse to "coach" and create a paper trail. Outward facing cameras are unfortunately going to be the norm imo. That said I'm glad I've retired.

Is your issue with the driver facing camera, or cameras as a whole? I feel that driver cameras are nothing more than an excuse to "coach" and create a paper trail. Outward facing cameras are unfortunately going to be the norm imo. That said I'm glad I've retired.

I like the outward facing cameras because they are what saves the company in the event of a crash. But I feel the same way you do about the inward facing cameras. It's a micromanagement tool, nothing more.

I can live with cameras if the company knocks off the BS with coaching drivers about frivolous crap and reverses their no Bluetooth/no CB policies. Anyone who thinks truckers should not be allowed to use a CB (a useful tool that has been around for 50 years) is delusional anyway. The large outrush of drivers and their struggle in replacing them is proof that the majority of others share this view.

You had to prove yourself when you started driving trucks, and you still have to prove yourself today. These cameras are ment to disprove YOU as a driver. Why? Because you already know that crap rolls downhill and you've ALWAYS been at the bottom AND you always will be, while DRIVING a truck. You've been the reason the company didn't make money, or either lost money. Now mind you, I'm not talking about you in particular, but you as a driver. We've all been on that end of the stick. These cameras are there for those in management, who have continually beat you, me, and every other driver down, while trying to build their butts up high enough to keep that downhill crap from landing in their lap. Don't give in to their bs. All that does is gives them the path to beat you down more. Forget the "corporate smoocher" mentality. That is exactly what they EXPECT you to do. It lays that "path" for them to twist that story of "it's the drivers fault"

You had to prove yourself when you started driving trucks, and you still have to prove yourself today. These cameras are ment to disprove YOU as a driver. Why? Because you already know that crap rolls downhill and you've ALWAYS been at the bottom AND you always will be, while DRIVING a truck. You've been the reason the company didn't make money, or either lost money. Now mind you, I'm not talking about you in particular, but you as a driver. We've all been on that end of the stick. These cameras are there for those in management, who have continually beat you, me, and every other driver down, while trying to build their butts up high enough to keep that downhill crap from landing in their lap. Don't give in to their bs. All that does is gives them the path to beat you down more. Forget the "corporate smoocher" mentality. That is exactly what they EXPECT you to do. It lays that "path" for them to twist that story of "it's the drivers fault"

Duh. Hence the reason most of us don't feel one bit sorry for them when they cry about the so-called driver shortage. They made their bed and they can lay in it. In the mean time I get a huge raise and pay down as much debt as quick as possible. Makes it even easier to tell them to **** off later if needed.

Duh. Hence the reason most of us don't feel one bit sorry for them when they cry about the so-called driver shortage. They made their bed and they can lay in it. In the mean time I get a huge raise and pay down as much debt as quick as possible. Makes it even easier to tell them to **** off later if needed.
You'll have to excuse Captain Obvious

Try telling that to train

Enjoy. Seems the factory installed Lytx are less sensitive than the retrofits.
Enjoy. Seems the factory installed Lytx are less sensitive than the retrofits.

I'll agree 110% I drove a 13 the other night to swap it and it went off twice as much as the 18 does. I think The angle of the camera has a lot to do with it if it is hanging straight I've found that it don't go off as much as if it's angled to the front or back

I'll agree 110% I drove a 13 the other night to swap it and it went off twice as much as the 18 does. I think The angle of the camera has a lot to do with it if it is hanging straight I've found that it don't go off as much as if it's angled to the front or back
The sensetivity is programmable by the people who monitor them

Now. Embrace the cams, and rules, no matter how stupid they are, and all the things you stated about bills and debt, become easier. Don't let pencil pushers ruin your livelihood.

xLceQj1.jpg

Whatever!!! It's doesn't surprise me you guys feel the way you do about your companies safety culture. I will support my company in that regard. XPO AND SAIA most certainly will survive without your support.
Lol. Your company will figure it out. Eventually. We have pretty much stopped any coaching now except for the most egregious violations.

Lol. Your company will figure it out. Eventually. We have pretty much stopped any coaching now except for the most egregious violations.

TKFJmw3.jpg

We will figure it out in time. Guys just need to be patient and understand that the goal is safety. I have stoical acceptance because I know things will work out.

Last edited:

I'm afraid this is going to go down just like the Lean program did at Con-Way. Stotlar and all the other high-ups knew it was a giant money wasting flop for a long time but were too pig headed to admit that it was a mistake. Then after they get bought out, it's the FIRST thing eliminated.

Karla is going to ride this bomb into the ground and they are going to lose all their good drivers before they hit rock bottom.

I'm afraid this is going to go down just like the Lean program did at Con-Way. Stotlar and all the other high-ups knew it was a giant money wasting flop for a long time but were too pig headed to admit that it was a mistake. Then after they get bought out, it's the FIRST thing eliminated.

Karla is going to ride this bomb into the ground and they are going to lose all their good drivers before they hit rock bottom.
You underestimate her. Your still here. Changes are coming.