SAIA | DriveCam ... By Lytx

If the cat-fighting takes a break, I'd like to ask a question or two:

Can your linehaul drivers bring their own xm radio? Is changing channels verboten?

I don't know how you guys go hundreds of miles without taking a drink.

My boss knows what we do to drive all night. Last thing he wants is to see it. If my wheels are turning, I'm eating!

Last edited:
No I'm over here because train and I had an agreement and like always he can't abide by the rules of that agreement. He said in pm that when he retired from saia he would tell me what he really does at Saia, that means he is not a driver. My comprehensive skills are fine maybe you should brush up on yours!!!

So when he retires and tells you he is a driver, you're still not gonna believe him. Right?

If the cat-fighting takes a break, I'd like to ask a question or two:

Can your linehaul drivers bring their own xm radio? Is changing channels verboten?

I don't know how you guys go hundreds of miles without taking a drink.

My boss knows what we do to drive all night. Last thing he wants is to see it. If my wheels are turning, I'm eating!
Let me say there are many XM radios that our guys bring as well as CB's and nothing is said. You could be coached if it's deemed your distracted by them but in most cases nothing is said. Especially if your smart. As far as food and drinks same thing but in most cases nothing is said. Lots of slaps on wrist for those minor infractions. A lot of it depends on your safety record and tenure I suppose. The forbidden item is the handheld cell phone and they watch seat belts very closely too. Bluetooths are against company policy but they are not as strict on those. One time is all you get on a handheld cell phone and then your done. After all they are illegal. They should fire you if your caught once but that's not my call.

I have a cell phone holder mounted to the dash,a cb ,an xm radio with a remote control ,a dash camera that belongs to me because it records 2 minutes in a critical event not 12 seconds and a gps mostly just because I like my gadgets. Karla and Tom seen all of it at our terminals last inspection and nothing was said to me about none of it. Here is what Karla told me straight up she said as long as We were not on the phone Bluetooth included or the cb that we could do anything we want in the truck but that if any action we take were to cause and event we would be coached on that action. She said we could eat and drink as long as it was something within reason and something we can hold in one had and no big huge cups the really big ones . She said we could sing along with the radio also. But she did stress to stay off the phone !! My personal opinion on the cb being tagged on with the phone because it is a communication device was probably because some cry baby somewhere said well if we can't talk on the phone then why can they talk on the cb again that's not a proven fact but I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. Main thing is use common sense.

FYI if you guys haven't already figured it out 15 over the posted speed limit will automatically trigger the camera for instance 50 in a 35 will get you busted

He spat it out instead of swallowing like a good boy lol
It couldn't be as bad as smelling the crap from you bosses butt all day because you have your head bellybutton deep every time you get close to him, going, yes sir boss, you're right bossman, sure thing bossman.