XPO | DriveCam Event Now going to be a Letter - New rule

And just remember, that's only if their is an event..and those things are pretty hard to set off..i've noticed lately. it's not that big a deal.. we all drive safely and properly anyways..so no wories.

I guess it depends on what truck you have... Some guys can set it off by tapping a dock, others can fly over a rough set of tracks at 40 and catch air and still not set it off. Then you have my buddy that sets it off with a bridge expansion joint. Hope they don't start calling him into traffic court over that, poor guy is pushing 14 on duty every day as it is...

At first it was told to us that the DriveCam was being used as a teaching / coaching tool and an event would not necessarily mean a letter but would most likely just be a coaching session. Now it's changed, starting in March, all DriveCam events will result in getting a letter. I don't guess this is a big deal but it is a change from what we were originally told.
That's what happens when you work for a (⊙▃⊙) run company! Do what we tell you or else!

I know a guy on linehaul (yeah I know how this sounds) that sets the camera off EVERY NIGHT going over an expansion joint on his run. What are thy gonna do with him?

As long as he's not doing something worthy of being classified as an event when the cam is set off, he's fine. I usually set mine off daily as well, gotta make sure that bad boys working properly.

they are labeling everything as distracted driving. ie...drinking, not looking far enough ahead, blank stare????? all b.s.

But, still it's only if there is an event...not that common. just watch out. the cameras are here to stay..deal with it...(and that comment is not directed at you), just in general.

I guess it depends on what truck you have... Some guys can set it off by tapping a dock, others can fly over a rough set of tracks at 40 and catch air and still not set it off. Then you have my buddy that sets it off with a bridge expansion joint. Hope they don't start calling him into traffic court over that, poor guy is pushing 14 on duty every day as it is...

Yeah, it goes off all the time, when backing under a heavy box. there is no event there. but on the highway, it doesn't go off that much..mine didn't all week..just backing under a trailer or hitting a dock.

As long as he's not doing something worthy of being classified as an event when the cam is set off, he's fine. I usually set mine off daily as well, gotta make sure that bad boys working properly.

And still, if your not following too close, it wont' keep the recording...it shouldn't anyways.

Your so informed we were never told all the details of what was saved and what was not ! guess some folks are told more then others ! we haven't had a meeting in so long forgot what one was !

only if it turns red, does it keep the event. If it goes back green, then it didn't keep the recording.

I set mine off multiple times every day. First thing in the morning when I hook. Always hook hard. Camera goes off I say good morning. The light turns red most days. It goes off bob tailing in the yard at times. No coaching yet.
O, the gentleman saying Conway is run by (⊙▃⊙)s. My son in law would beg to differ. His Grandfather barley escaped the holocaust during world war 2. Bad choice of words.

I was wrong about the month, it's not March but July that all DriveCam events will be letters. It's been playing on the monitor. Whatever video it is they play constantly for everyone to watch in the break room, it has the info on it now. They'll go in your conway safety profile too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Smile pretty for the camera boys !!!! you sure do have a pretty mouth & look so cute & sexy in that pretty blue uniform , next will be camera's in the bathrooms ??? lol