SAIA | Drivecam

Yes, I understand that. Are you at a big terminal that has a safety guy on site that you deal with or at least see from time to time?
Yeah. I’ll go see him. It would be nice to see what’s on your file so you know what’s coming at you. I’d check every day. Every time that light gets red. I say there it goes. I’m getting fired ha

Yeah. I’ll go see him. It would be nice to see what’s on your file so you know what’s coming at you. I’d check every day. Every time that light gets red. I say there it goes. I’m getting fired ha
When you find out let us know what he said. I used to be able to watch mine but about 4 months into it mine was also disabled my tm said talk to safety and safety said they would look into it that’s been 4 months ago

When you find out let us know what he said. I used to be able to watch mine but about 4 months into it mine was also disabled my tm said talk to safety and safety said they would look into it that’s been 4 months ago
I gave safety guy my driver number and got access to my account. First time I seen him in a month

New ‘always-on’ in-cab video system

TECHNOLOGY Overdrive Staff |September 29, 2016

Lytx, maker of the DriveCam system of forward- and in-cab-facing video systems capturing events by triggers, is now offering whhat it calls an “always-on,” cloud-based platform called Unisyn, a “wholly new video telematics model that gives unprecedented levels of quality video access and video expandability to fleets and field operations of all sizes and profiles.” Unisyn would be the second recent announcement of an always-on-type system, illustrating what could emerge as a long-term trend in on-the-truck video monitoring.

With DriveCam currently in 600,000 commercial and government fleet trucks for protecting and coaching drivers, the company says, it’s also quick to note that the Unisyn platform works side by side with DriveCam for fleets that wish to move beyond just triggered events and utilize “always-on video to track, monitor and act on fleet and field operations. The Unisyn platform delivers the full spectrum of pure visibility from events to assist with driver exoneration to leveraging that visibility to take action for prevention of future collisions.”

The Unisyn platform features always-on access to up to seven days – or more, depending on the user-chosen resolution — of cloud-connected video. Organizations can access, review and manage video from their fleets and field operations when, where and how they want, in real time, or a few days after an incident has occurred.

“For some fleets, safety may be balanced against operational efficiency and/or security priorities, which can be addressed through the ability to observe and track vehicles in all aspects of their day,” said Lytx Chairman and CEO Brandon Nixon. “In DriveCam, we’re focusing on the driver, and with Unisyn our primary focus is the fleet operations.”
Users of the Unisyn platform can integrate and synchronize high-definition video from as many cameras as they want, including, but not limited to:

• Forward-facing to capture what’s in front of the driver
  • Side view to capture activity adjacent to the vehicle
  • Side-mirror to capture activity both adjacent to and near the front of the vehicle
  • Rear view to capture activity behind the vehicle
  • Cargo interior to capture activity within the cargo hold
  • Dock/warehouse to validate activity in the presence of the vehicle
  • Interior to capture situations of security concern within the vehicle

- Overdriveonline.com

This is an old article from 2016. Also , the article implies that Unisyn is software based and works with Drivecam tech as an "addon" - both come from the same company: Lytx.

New ‘always-on’ in-cab video system

TECHNOLOGY Overdrive Staff |September 29, 2016

Lytx, maker of the DriveCam system of forward- and in-cab-facing video systems capturing events by triggers, is now offering whhat it calls an “always-on,” cloud-based platform called Unisyn, a “wholly new video telematics model that gives unprecedented levels of quality video access and video expandability to fleets and field operations of all sizes and profiles.” Unisyn would be the second recent announcement of an always-on-type system, illustrating what could emerge as a long-term trend in on-the-truck video monitoring.

With DriveCam currently in 600,000 commercial and government fleet trucks for protecting and coaching drivers, the company says, it’s also quick to note that the Unisyn platform works side by side with DriveCam for fleets that wish to move beyond just triggered events and utilize “always-on video to track, monitor and act on fleet and field operations. The Unisyn platform delivers the full spectrum of pure visibility from events to assist with driver exoneration to leveraging that visibility to take action for prevention of future collisions.”

The Unisyn platform features always-on access to up to seven days – or more, depending on the user-chosen resolution — of cloud-connected video. Organizations can access, review and manage video from their fleets and field operations when, where and how they want, in real time, or a few days after an incident has occurred.

“For some fleets, safety may be balanced against operational efficiency and/or security priorities, which can be addressed through the ability to observe and track vehicles in all aspects of their day,” said Lytx Chairman and CEO Brandon Nixon. “In DriveCam, we’re focusing on the driver, and with Unisyn our primary focus is the fleet operations.”
Users of the Unisyn platform can integrate and synchronize high-definition video from as many cameras as they want, including, but not limited to:

• Forward-facing to capture what’s in front of the driver
  • Side view to capture activity adjacent to the vehicle
  • Side-mirror to capture activity both adjacent to and near the front of the vehicle
  • Rear view to capture activity behind the vehicle
  • Cargo interior to capture activity within the cargo hold
  • Dock/warehouse to validate activity in the presence of the vehicle
  • Interior to capture situations of security concern within the vehicle
- Overdriveonline.com

This is an old article from 2016. Also , the article implies that Unisyn is software based and works with Drivecam tech as an "addon" - both come from the same company: Lytx.

WOW. Ok I can deal with a camera that only goes off when you trigger an event but to have it on 24/7 and can view drivers all the time is pushing it. No job is worth it at that point. Wanna the driver shortage go up just put that in the largest trucking company trucks. That’s just insane.

WOW. Ok I can deal with a camera that only goes off when you trigger an event but to have it on 24/7 and can view drivers all the time is pushing it. No job is worth it at that point. Wanna the driver shortage go up just put that in the largest trucking company trucks. That’s just insane.
The driver doesn't trigger an event, The system does. Something as simple as turning into the HST driveway, at more than 3 mph, will trigger a camera event. Try it and see.

Absolutely false.

What’s false??? We all know driver cam runs 24/7 but it doesn’t save the event unless you trigger something (hard stops and etc). I was with Sysco when they first got it and they was the first major company to put it in every single one of their equipments (not just trucks). Vans and yard trucks too. Anything that was owned by the company

So please tell me what’s false?

My point of the earlier post was not to stir up suspicion and fear , but maybe pass along additional information and encourage/inspire others to find out more about these devices that management says they use for safety but refer to as behavior modification tools when drivers aren't around.

With more information , maybe drivers subjected to these devices can ask for and/or demand more accountability on the data ( about you ) that is collected and stored ( and potentially manipulated and taken out of context )

This is the camera you need to look out for.
pf9pnHq.jpg

What’s false??? We all know driver cam runs 24/7 but it doesn’t save the event unless you trigger something (hard stops and etc). I was with Sysco when they first got it and they was the first major company to put it in every single one of their equipments (not just trucks). Vans and yard trucks too. Anything that was owned by the company

So please tell me what’s false?
They only download a video when an event is triggered. Period. End of discussion. The rest is just being paranoid and trying to freak everyone out.

They only download a video when an event is triggered. Period. End of discussion. The rest is just being paranoid and trying to freak everyone out.
Well first of all that’s what I said!!! If you can read!!! And I don’t know who you are talking like that in the first place. We do have freedom of speech and if someone wants to do their homework and read up on things they can do that also. They don’t have to take 1 man or woman words as law and go and run with it!