XPO | Driver Appreciation Week

On par with other companies. No biggie.
Well one thing has changed...it's being called National Truck Driver Appreciation Week. The last few years some sensitive people in management and in the office ( at least in my neck of the woods ) did not want the emphasis on drivers. They went so far as to ignore the fact that the week was for drivers and made it seem as if the drivers did something wrong ( IMO ) Started calling it Employee Appreciation Week.

I hope around the country ( and in Canada ) that a moment is given to appreciate those that haul the freight and take the crazy hours and bad weather and our fastest growing threat : person that won't put the cell phone down.

Personally , save the food. Get a driver home early or let a hard working driver have a shot at a gravy stop instead of the ass-kissers once in a while. When a driver tells you there's something wrong , listen , instead of automatically blowing them off. This is the appreciation that goes a longer way than chips and pizza.

Well one thing has changed...it's being called National Truck Driver Appreciation Week. The last few years some sensitive people in management and in the office ( at least in my neck of the woods ) did not want the emphasis on drivers. They went so far as to ignore the fact that the week was for drivers and made it seem as if the drivers did something wrong ( IMO ) Started calling it Employee Appreciation Week.

I hope around the country ( and in Canada ) that a moment is given to appreciate those that haul the freight and take the crazy hours and bad weather and our fastest growing threat : person that won't put the cell phone down.

Personally , save the food. Get a driver home early or let a hard working driver have a shot at a gravy stop instead of the ass-kissers once in a while. When a driver tells you there's something wrong , listen , instead of automatically blowing them off. This is the appreciation that goes a longer way than chips and pizza.
No, can’t have that. Office politics must be preserved at all times.