XPO | driver apprentice position open in Fresno, CA

truckinus

TB Veteran
Credits
I'm moving back to Fresno, CA at the end of the month. What happens when a driver with LTL experience applies for an apprentice position? Is there a reason they hire like this to avoid older people?

I know they are getting ready to begin a school at UFN maybe that's what the ad is about. That's a good yard. We keep busy there and it is run by a competent SCM beleive it or not.

I'm moving back to Fresno, CA at the end of the month. What happens when a driver with LTL experience applies for an apprentice position? Is there a reason they hire like this to avoid older people?

the driver apprentice application is another term for driver school. If you currently have a CDL (with LTL experience) you would not qualify for this position. However, someone with a CDL, less than one year of experience, without doubles experience could apply and may be accepted into the program. An apprentice hires in as a part time dock worker and attends the training class for 4 hours a day for twelve weeks. The intent of the company is to put the student on as a driver upon graduation. This is the intent, however sometimes a driving position has not opened up and the graduate would remain working the dock until the driving position becomes available.

the driver apprentice application is another term for driver school. If you currently have a CDL (with LTL experience) you would not qualify for this position. However, someone with a CDL, less than one year of experience, without doubles experience could apply and may be accepted into the program. An apprentice hires in as a part time dock worker and attends the training class for 4 hours a day for twelve weeks. The intent of the company is to put the student on as a driver upon graduation. This is the intent, however sometimes a driving position has not opened up and the graduate would remain working the dock until the driving position becomes available.

At our place, you become a driver upon completion of the program. With driver pay... no matter what the situation. So, it goes to show that it's depends on the service center. Atleast this is the way they have done it since I've been here for my many years..

But, I do need to go on to say that we DO have Mr. "Policy" at our barn now. (from the "country" of California) So, I can assure you that the current policy will be enforced...whatever it may be..