R&L | Driver Business Cards

Buford

TB Lurker
Credits
p&d drivers...

have you seen or heard about the driver business cards that were supposed to be passing out. i thought i would share that i past out nearly 20 this week and it's obvioulsy working. i had 8 additional pallets just this week to pick up. what i like about it is its simple. just tell the customer to call the rate hotline on the card in effort to beat or match a competitors rate. i called myself at a couple stops and someone picked up in two rings, i gave them the information and we got the shipment. no fancy sales pitch, no strings attached, just call the hotline number. pretty simple and effective tool we have to keep the freight coming our way...

another nice thing to do with the cards is put your cell phone # on there so if any of your regular customers have a question about freight arrival time or a pick-up they didnt have a chance to call dispatch to...it seems to make everybody happy

another nice thing to do with the cards is put your cell phone # on there so if any of your regular customers have a question about freight arrival time or a pick-up they didnt have a chance to call dispatch to...it seems to make everybody happy
Thats a great idea but then again I wouldn't want to give out my personal cell number. Also going around dispatch can and will eventually come back to haunt ya!!:1036316054: Let those guys handle it thats what they get paid for. If you do have customers contacting you be sure to let dispatch know what your doing...

Thats a great idea but then again I wouldn't want to give out my personal cell number.
I don't even want dispatchers getting mine, so I keep it blocked. That way, they can't call me when I'm halfway back and tell me to go 50 miles out of my way to do some other lazy turd's pickups for him.

Also going around dispatch can and will eventually come back to haunt ya!!:1036316054: Let those guys handle it thats what they get paid for. If you do have customers contacting you be sure to let dispatch know what your doing...

We had a guy go on vacation once, and his pickup customers were calling him instead of the terminal. So, the driver would then call the terminal to relay the message.