Driver Detention-what Are Your Thoughts/experiences?

roadscholar88

TB Lurker
Credits
The FMCSA is currently seeking comments on driver detention. What are your thoughts/experiences? What should be done? How much time do you spend at docks on average? Does detention happen more often then not? Do you get compensated?

The FMCSA is currently seeking comments on driver detention. What are your thoughts/experiences? What should be done? How much time do you spend at docks on average? Does detention happen more often then not? Do you get compensated?

I assume you meant driver retention not driver detention.

One reason I came back to LTL. I really do love running the road, but I would never go back unless it was a niche where I would not have to deal with large shippers and receivers . I get paid for every minute I work now. No more giving my time away.

Unionize get paid for everything I don't understand why people continue to work for free should be paid all time you are at work including sleeping in truck.