SAIA | Driver facing cameras

I don't work for saia but I would assume it's a drive cam by Lynx if you have a good truck it doesn't activate as much as it would in a older pos at least in my experience example ;international goes off way more than the freight liner it can be very stressful depends on how stricked your company is

First time I get put in a truck with a driver facing camera, I'll be looking for a new job. Might just be the push I need to get out of driving.

They're here. Check out avatar. Dunno how to post pic.
Same picture I saw. MachOne do you have any info if they are trying them out, or all the new trucks are coming with them ? I have a feeling they are gonna be installed in all the new trucks. If any one has done smith system training this year it shows videos of our trucks screwing up. So I imagine the safety features they have in place are not working ,so they want to see what the drivers are doing.

No real info yet. I know one of the vp's used to say in the meeting videos and cd's they chose not to use driver facing cameras. Looks like they are changing their minds.
Dunno about the smith system videos, haven't had it this year yet.
Hoping I win the lottery. I'll retire everyone in my terminal Monday. We'll start a drinking and fishing company. No cameras. (Well, except for recording embarrassing uTube videos......)

I don't think that's a new truck. Bendix is on the dash. Older Volvo maybe?
Man I could be wrong , and I am wrong often ( ask my wife) but I thought that was the interior of a new volvo. And hey MachOne I ran the system for several years so I have probably been thru your barn a time or two , so by proxy I work at your terminal, so please let me know if I can retire with you ! I will be more than happy to make embarrassing videos , hell according to my friends that is my forte!

I thought the Vnomics unit in the trucks already had a driver facing camera? At least that what I was told.

It'll be a long time until i get to drive a new truck anyways (linehaul). I still drive 08 Volvos. I actually prefer them over the junk internationals. They have twice the miles and run four times as good.

Last edited:
Rick o said in an interview with common carrier magazine in 2014 that we would not have them that he considered it an invasion of privacy guess he changed his mind

Why would Saia be testing Volvos? We have had Volvo for years other than one year when some genius thought it would be a great idea to buy hundreds of garbage Internationals...