ABF | Driver-facing Cameras

Certain situations? As in, clocking in? Mark my words...they WILL use them.

What? Thousands for new technology?....It'll only go off for..seconds, if that?.....It'll be dormant for...weeks at a time?

Yeah,......Riiight........That sonofagun camera will be on all the time,...and within a year, the companies will be making extra money by selling candid You-Tube videos of drivers for comedy outtakes........
....Along with discipline.......

I don't know about you guys,....but when I was driving, I insisted on a spotlessly clean interior,.......and I would polish all my glassy surfaces with Windex, or some sort of Ammonia-based chemical compound.........

But,....I would NEVER use a Big Smear of Vaseline on,....say,...like a PDA surface,...or a...lens,.....That would produce a blurry, indistinct image, that would be impossible to...see anything through clearly,...maybe even to the point of barely being able to ...identify the color of the jacket the driver is wearing.......

That would be Terrible,.....and Not a Very Good Idea for cleaning any glassy surface,....although it does make a Dashboard shine just as well as ArmorAll.....

No,....I would never Recommend that........

I don't know about you guys,....but when I was driving, I insisted on a spotlessly clean interior,.......and I would polish all my glassy surfaces with Windex, or some sort of Ammonia-based chemical compound.........

But,....I would NEVER use a Big Smear of Vaseline on,....say,...like a PDA surface,...or a...lens,.....That would produce a blurry, indistinct image, that would be impossible to...see anything through clearly,...maybe even to the point of barely being able to ...identify the color of the jacket the driver is wearing.......

That would be Terrible,.....and Not a Very Good Idea for cleaning any glassy surface,....although it does make a Dashboard shine just as well as ArmorAll.....

Good thing you never thought of a big glob of chassis grease

Vaseline? Hell...I just put a piece of tape over anything that resembled a lens. Never heard a word.

God I can’t believe I’m seriously considering putting in an app... one of the main reasons I was glad I left Con-way when I did was the camera issue...
Can’t blame you there, song. Some of us give ABF a little bit of a bad rap on here, but we enjoy some pretty decent benefits. Bottom line, do whatever is right for you and yours.

Vaseline? Hell...I just put a piece of tape over anything that resembled a lens. Never heard a word.
Because whatever you put it on wasnt a lense. Put a piece of tape over and actual camera and ow your tampering with company equipment. You will be terminated. Remember, it's in the contract. Yall voted it in.

Can’t blame you there, song. Some of us give ABF a little bit of a bad rap on here, but we enjoy some pretty decent benefits. Bottom line, do whatever is right for you and yours.

It’s a really tough choice to make. At OD I’ve got some seniority and a scheduled run. It’s at night, no biggie but I drive 85 miles round trip for work 5 days a week. The ABF yard is less than 10 minutes away from home, and that’s in heavy morning traffic. Off peak I can make it in 5. I’ve got a strong 401 at OD, and am 80% vested, and I live in a Central States country. Doubt I’ll ever see a dime in pension money. If anybody knows what’s going on at Lawrenceville GA and can give some insight I’d appreciate it. I don’t want to jump into something much worse than what I’ve got now, because OD has been a very good place to work.

Because whatever you put it on wasnt a lense. Put a piece of tape over and actual camera and ow your tampering with company equipment. You will be terminated. Remember, it's in the contract. Yall voted it in.

That's right,......no tape,...no hats......But remember to keep your equipment as....clean....as possible by using as much cleaning chemicals as you can...
...and they can not accuse you of.....tampering...with equipment.

it's just a....terrible shame,....if their camera lens does not focus as well as...

......well,....as well as whatever intentions they have in using this camera , and their need for clarity...........

It’s a really tough choice to make. At OD I’ve got some seniority and a scheduled run. It’s at night, no biggie but I drive 85 miles round trip for work 5 days a week. The ABF yard is less than 10 minutes away from home, and that’s in heavy morning traffic. Off peak I can make it in 5. I’ve got a strong 401 at OD, and am 80% vested, and I live in a Central States country. Doubt I’ll ever see a dime in pension money. If anybody knows what’s going on at Lawrenceville GA and can give some insight I’d appreciate it. I don’t want to jump into something much worse than what I’ve got now, because OD has been a very good place to work.
If you care to share...what’s up at OD that has you looking elsewhere? Other than your long commute?

As for your company 401k, you should be able to roll that into a personal IRA, with no penalty.

If you care to share...what’s up at OD that has you looking elsewhere? Other than your long commute?

As for your company 401k, you should be able to roll that into a personal IRA, with no penalty.

The commute is really the only big thing… I’m happy otherwise. I was under the impression when I first hired on, by my own fault since I neglected to ask, that OD had lay down schedules as well as turns. Atlanta used to but has done away with them. When I was on the extra board it wasn’t a big deal because I usually stayed gone all week and only had to make the commute once or maybe twice during the week. Now that I have a schedule I’m commuting five days a week, and I’m realizing now that that’s quite a drag and it’s putting a lot of miles on my car. We are also adding at least two more terminals in the Atlanta area and I can just see that that is going to create a lot of shuttle runs and it’s not voluntary to go do one at the end of your normal run. With that plus the possible big shake up in the LTL world with YRC it seems now would be the time to move if I’m going to move. I’ve got 30 more years at least until I can retire, and I just can’t see driving 90 miles a day five days a week for another 30 years.

The commute is really the only big thing… I’m happy otherwise. I was under the impression when I first hired on, by my own fault since I neglected to ask, that OD had lay down schedules as well as turns. Atlanta used to but has done away with them. When I was on the extra board it wasn’t a big deal because I usually stayed gone all week and only had to make the commute once or maybe twice during the week. Now that I have a schedule I’m commuting five days a week, and I’m realizing now that that’s quite a drag and it’s putting a lot of miles on my car. We are also adding at least two more terminals in the Atlanta area and I can just see that that is going to create a lot of shuttle runs and it’s not voluntary to go do one at the end of your normal run. With that plus the possible big shake up in the LTL world with YRC it seems now would be the time to move if I’m going to move. I’ve got 30 more years at least until I can retire, and I just can’t see driving 90 miles a day five days a week for another 30 years.
Sounds to me your mind is made up, just looking for the final nudge....Pension is up in the air, but you will be more then happy with the healthcare....