XPO | Driver Facing Drivecam

In my opinion , driver cams , the information and images of you that they collect , and who has access to that data should be regulated by law.

I'm not a big government person , but as it stands right now , companies are doing whatever they want and there are few protections without jumping through some enormous hoops.

Not to mention that stuff bein discoverable in court... which is why a lot of companies that had em are ditchin em. Why give anybody more crap to use against ya?

Talking to driver the other day from Saia and he says their dispatch has multiple screens up on drivers in the cab and views them all day . Would like too know how true that is.

It came up on my Facebook today. I never do anything wrong so I don’t worry about the cameras.
Someone cuts you off, you hit the brakes, camera activates and catches you giving the other driver a few choice words= potential road rage. it's happened.

Talking to driver the other day from Saia and he says their dispatch has multiple screens up on drivers in the cab and views them all day . Would like too know how true that is.
I don't think dispatch can watch the recordings. it's my understanding, that the camera activation's, are seen by a third party, who decides whether to upload the video or not.The camera has to be activated before they can start looking. The activation can be a hard break, hard bounce from side to side, forward radar showing too close for a certain amount of time, multiple lane deviation warnings, in a specific time period, and other bullshit.

I don't think dispatch can watch the recordings. it's my understanding, that the camera activation's, are seen by a third party, who decides whether to upload the video or not.The camera has to be activated before they can start looking. The activation can be a hard break, hard bounce from side to side, forward radar showing too close for a certain amount of time, multiple lane deviation warnings, in a specific time period, and other :horseshit:.
https://www.lytx.com/en-us/fleet-management/drivecam
Under the frequently asked questions it says it can record live

I don't think dispatch can watch the recordings. it's my understanding, that the camera activation's, are seen by a third party, who decides whether to upload the video or not.The camera has to be activated before they can start looking. The activation can be a hard break, hard bounce from side to side, forward radar showing too close for a certain amount of time, multiple lane deviation warnings, in a specific time period, and other :horseshit:.
For XPO I've heard that for each activation of the camera that is reviewed by the third party costs $5 per incident.

While I don't disagree with the ruling, keep in mind, this was a legal dispute between the union and the carrier not an all encompassing ruling for other companies/drivers. It does however set precedent which may or may not hold up if someone were to make the same court challenge. The case was made more about privacy and O/O's having them in their trucks and being watched/seen while they could be changing or sleeping or off duty etc.

While I don't disagree with the ruling, keep in mind, this was a legal dispute between the union and the carrier not an all encompassing ruling for other companies/drivers. It does however set precedent which may or may not hold up if someone were to make the same court challenge. The case was made more about privacy and O/O's having them in their trucks and being watched/seen while they could be changing or sleeping or off duty etc.
And the fact that since we are federally regulated here, we get the same privacy rights as federal employees under the PIPEDA act. They are illegal in this country period.

And the fact that since we are federally regulated here, we get the same privacy rights as federal employees under the PIPEDA act. They are illegal in this country period.
Sometimes federal protection is necessary from overreaching management. ( not all management , just overreaching management )

Someone cuts you off, you hit the brakes, camera activates and catches you giving the other driver a few choice words= potential road rage. it's happened.
I was driving home two weeks ago and an irate driver pulled in front of me and slammed on the brakes.Before I could react the tractor slammed on the brakes and my set locked up.it was raining and my kite slammed into the jersey barrier and straighten back up.I pushed the blue button and informed whoever was watching I wanted to forward the video to state police. I asked my SCM if there was any action taken towards the driver of the car.He told me nothing was sent to him.I said I wanted to pursue this matter and he got kind of nasty so I did not pursue. This is total BS. What do they use the cameras for??? Driver violations only.

Not at ABF, TM takes pictures with them & sends it to the driver forcing people in harms way (Inclement weather). He’s now using the gps to give letters....total madman....