XPO | Driver Facing Drivecam

I was driving home two weeks ago and an irate driver pulled in front of me and slammed on the brakes.Before I could react the tractor slammed on the brakes and my set locked up.it was raining and my kite slammed into the jersey barrier and straighten back up.I pushed the blue button and informed whoever was watching I wanted to forward the video to state police. I asked my SCM if there was any action taken towards the driver of the car.He told me nothing was sent to him.I said I wanted to pursue this matter and he got kind of nasty so I did not pursue. This is total BS. What do they use the cameras for??? Driver violations only.
Was this incident ruled preventable or non-preventable?

Someone cuts you off, you hit the brakes, camera activates and catches you giving the other driver a few choice words= potential road rage. it's happened.
Someone brake checks you. You hit your brakes within the recommended time frame, camera trips and catches you rear ending the car because you're running close to your legal gross weight=you have a fighting chance now.

Since when do we get coached for not stopping at a railroad track. As far as I understood as long as you weren't hauling Hazmat you didn't have to
You have hit the nail on the head. You may do the exact same thing but the big brother watcher may or may not send the video to the company, who may or may not decide, to issue a 'coaching" request.

You have hit the nail on the head. You may do the exact same thing but the big brother watcher may or may not send the video to the company, who may or may not decide, to issue a 'coaching" request.
Is it written somewhere that requires us to stop at railroad crossing?

Is it written somewhere that requires us to stop at railroad crossing?
This might clarify the situation. My company is another non union LTL, which has been using driver facing cameras, for a while. My company's criteria, for issuing "coaching" is probably totally different than XPO. My guy gets hit for not completely stopping, at a train crossing, where your guys may never hear a word about doing the same thing. The Safety Department people want to justify their jobs. The only way the different Safety Departments have to justify the expense of buying and maintaining those camera systems is to increase the number of "coaching" reports, which will escalate punishment up to and including termination. It's inevitable and with companies now looking to get rid of excess drivers, as cheaply as possible, the punishment screw will be tightening. Good Luck and be safe.

Since when do we get coached for not stopping at a railroad track. As far as I understood as long as you weren't hauling Hazmat you didn't have to
TruckinGod77 you are right. Dracula you are guessing and floating the notion that "coaching requests" are being issued arbitrarily. I the driver/trainer at my location and that includes Lytx Drivecam coaching. Every video clip that's created gets sent to me and the Lytx examiners at the same time, before they are either resolved or become coachable events. Let's take TruckinGod77's example. DSR hits the tracks and trips the camera, recording the event. The only measures controlling the grade crossing is a cross buck or gates and lights, but there is no stop sign present. That driver would not be called out for coaching in that event and it would be resolved without me ever having to have a conversation with him. As for HAZMAT, if a driver ever coached for failing to stop at a RR crossing while carrying HAZMAT, then his TM is pulling a dick move and here's why. Drivecam doesn't know if you're MT, loaded, or loaded with HAZMAT, that can only be learned by doing a manifest history from that day and that would require a desire to learn whether or not the driver was carrying HAZMAT at the time of the event.

Dracula judging from your posts on this matter, I'm going to assume that you mean well and from what I've read about the company I believe you work for, they are real butt holes when it comes to coaching. Where I work, there are only a couple of events that will land a driver in enhanced coaching, messing with a cell phone while driving and speeding. Most everything else is coached to and if it doesn't become a pattern, no problem.

Does this post help clarify things or I have I further muddied the waters?

TruckinGod77 you are right. Dracula you are guessing and floating the notion that "coaching requests" are being issued arbitrarily. I the driver/trainer at my location and that includes Lytx Drivecam coaching. Every video clip that's created gets sent to me and the Lytx examiners at the same time, before they are either resolved or become coachable events. Let's take TruckinGod77's example. DSR hits the tracks and trips the camera, recording the event. The only measures controlling the grade crossing is a cross buck or gates and lights, but there is no stop sign present. That driver would not be called out for coaching in that event and it would be resolved without me ever having to have a conversation with him. As for HAZMAT, if a driver ever coached for failing to stop at a RR crossing while carrying HAZMAT, then his TM is pulling a ╰⋃╯ move and here's why. Drivecam doesn't know if you're MT, loaded, or loaded with HAZMAT, that can only be learned by doing a manifest history from that day and that would require a desire to learn whether or not the driver was carrying HAZMAT at the time of the event.

Dracula judging from your posts on this matter, I'm going to assume that you mean well and from what I've read about the company I believe you work for, they are real butt holes when it comes to coaching. Where I work, there are only a couple of events that will land a driver in enhanced coaching, messing with a cell phone while driving and speeding. Most everything else is coached to and if it doesn't become a pattern, no problem.

Does this post help clarify things or I have I further muddied the waters?

This all sounds correct. I am not a coach but twice I've been called in for coaching on the exact same intersection. The lanes are clearly mark and, without getting into the whole design, etc of the intersection, the left lane is supposed to be left turn only but there is no physical barrier so cars often stop there and race for the right lane.

Twice I had to slam my brakes on and it triggered the cam because it looks like I'm cutting the guy off in the videos. Both times I did a google satellite and showed the markings and they got rescinded.

The point of the above is that our coaches are reasonable human beings who make sure that points are taken off if we can explain what happened.

I'm no fan of drivecams, I dont believe we should use them how we are, but at my terminal we have not had any of these sorts of stories.

We even had a lot of "driving without seatbelts" on the road events when it first rolled out. All because we took our belts off to get a better view backing off of the road into docks. And the company quickly said that these would no longer happen and they haven't. And whatever praise I am delivering here is backhanded because XPO is wrong to use these things for coaching, 95% of the time.

Assume I mean well? What the hell is that? I'm not a troll looking to start crap, with the exception of posting, on the Washington, D.C. thread, where, if you ain't trollin' you aint tryin'.
I've just been pointing out what has happened, at my place. If you're place is good, then let's hope it stays that way. Good luck to ya'll and be safe.

I believe we’ve had them for around six years now. Haven’t had any issues yet. Sure, I was a bit worried about the whole thing at first, but I’m over it. No big deal

Yeah. I have been slapped on the hands a couple times for some stupid stuff. Mostly. It's nonsense. And if there wasn't a camera in the cab already. I would want one of my own anyway. To much crazy in this world.