XPO | Driver Facing Drivecams

I've had two or three seatbelt violations on drivecam. And when I've seen it in told the coacb, "that's such and such place, that's their private driveway" and they have said, "oh, ok, I'll get that one removed."

If you're coach isn't doing that, he's wrong.

I also had one for not being belted on a roadway, a road i was backing into a residential dirt driveway. I said, "I have it off to hang out the window like you see me there. I took it off as I put it in reverse for a better view." That one was also removed.

Also had a couple I deserved.

This isn't a problem with the system, it sounds like a problem with the coaches.
You're last paragraph says it all Tao. When I worked there, I got called in on a few things. It never mattered to them...giving my side of the story, we always got the look of disbelief from them. Made us feel real proud to work there.

Not necessarily true....I had a "coaching" session where I explained to my "coach" what occurred. He told me that after that explanation, he understood what had happened and agreed that I did everything right but couldn't have that points removed off my file.
Their not supposed to be giving you points, they were at my barn too along with having us sign a paper so we notified our RM when he was visiting our barn . He told HR that it was to be stopped . and any papers on file were to be destroyed . The camera is to be nothing more than a coaching aid . we haven't signed a paper since 2014

really the only people having problems with the cameras are believe this or not the bad driver's.If your one of the calm driver who doesn't think your a nascar driver you will never have a single light go off.
I dunno, our 3 million mile'er sets his cam off just as much as the next guy .

Their not supposed to be giving you points, they were at my barn too along with having us sign a paper so we notified our RM when he was visiting our barn . He told HR that it was to be stopped . and any papers on file were to be destroyed . The camera is to be nothing more than a coaching aid . we haven't signed a paper since 2014
That is exactly right. Is not suppose to be used at punishment.

That is exactly right. Is not suppose to be used at punishment.
In the past it wasn't. We were warned earlier this month that seatbelt violations and distracted driving/electronic devices would de disciplinary events and would be written up with a LOI.

If this was covered earlier , my apologies.

In the past it wasn't. We were warned earlier this month that seatbelt violations and distracted driving/electronic devices would de disciplinary events and would be written up with a LOI.

So they lied when they brought in the cameras... Huh. Who knew? Can you check P and P online and see if it's there?

It appears this is not in force company wide. Our guy says absolutely not.

It appears this is not in force company wide. Our guy says absolutely not.
My terminal manager sent out a message to all city drivers warning us a few weeks back about a change in company policy from coaching to disciplinarian enforcement. Blamed it on too many violations with seatbelts and cellphones.

I'll check for an email.

Other than for getting prepared to back up, the seat belts SHOULD be worn, and a safety person should be able to identify the situation whether you had just taken it off or not. And without using a hands-free device for your cell phone, a driver deserves to be written up. I don't know exactly what XPO's rules are, but I support both seat belt and handsfree rules.
Both issues are for the safety of the driver and the public in general.

My thoughts exactly...I asked when did they informed us that score keeping started up? No response. I even saw the sheet they use to rate violations. Sure didn't know I could get 3 points for changing the radio station.

My thoughts exactly...I asked when did they informed us that score keeping started up? No response. I even saw the sheet they use to rate violations.

They've always scored violations- those scores come from Drivecam, not XPO.

Sure didn't know I could get 3 points for changing the radio station.

I'll bet there's just a little more to it than simply pushing a button on the radio in a video- what is the context for that statement?

My terminal manager sent out a message to all city drivers warning us a few weeks back about a change in company policy from coaching to disciplinarian enforcement. Blamed it on too many violations with seatbelts and cellphones.

I haven't seen any messages about that, but I'm not surprised. We've had the cameras for what, 3 or 4 years now? How does someone work here and not know that holding a phone in your hand and driving without a belt on is illegal? I think the argument that the company should just let you violate federal law because they told us the cameras were a coaching tool is hilarious. There was a 3 year grace period- I think that's plenty. Put the phone away and put your belts on or go work somewhere else.

I like where this is going- maybe they'll fix that joke of a safety policy next.

They're making more money than an FOS and they only have to do a portion of the work of an FOS. It's not like all of a sudden he's responsible for production numbers and labor costs and cut times. They won't fire him for not doing a good job as an FOS. So, yeah, I'd say he's getting a pretty good deal when you're talking about pay.

That makes no sense. You're not hooking and running the dockstand at the same time. You don't run down the highway and close down trailers at the same time. Just like when you're working the dock you don't break trailers and run a peddle at the same time. There's no additional work being done- you're just doing a different task, and you're doing it at a higher wage than the FOS's and dockworkers. How are you being cheated?

So any driver can just run right up on the dockstand right now, log in the computer and run a sector?

Um, NO... they have to be trained for it and know the ins and outs of the job. They are then qualified to do more than the average driver/dockworker, and should be compensated accordingly.

Of course Con-Way didn't see it like that, but then again NOBODY volunteered for the opportunity when they asked everyone at my barn. Had a few that asked how much the pay increase was, but all said NO THANKS when told there was none.

Once we accumulate around 25 points in a 90 day period, you have a mandatory conference call between the SC manager, Safety manager, as well as yourself. Is this not common practice elsewhere?

really the only people having problems with the cameras are believe this or not the bad driver's.If your one of the calm driver who doesn't think your a nascar driver you will never have a single light go off.
you obviously are unaware of the bridge building techniques of the northeast and southern new york

you obviously are unaware of the bridge building techniques of the northeast and southern new york
But never forget this.......
Even when you hit a rough bridge and "catch some air", if you have proper following distance, there is no coaching required, and you shouldn't hear a word from the so-called coaches.
:1036316054:

But never forget this.......
Even when you hit a rough bridge and "catch some air", if you have proper following distance, there is no coaching required, and you shouldn't hear a word from the so-called coaches.
:1036316054:
yes! but the guy said you shouldn't set the camera off to begin with! at all! ever!!!!

The roads and bridges where I come from could cause 15 camera triggers per day.
You have to follow the driving rules 100% of the time.
:cuss:

But I guess that's a good thing knowing that you could be on camera at any given moment? :scratchhead: