XPO | driver layoffs

biggdean

TB Lurker
Credits
we have lost 3 drivers in about a month...alot for a small terminal...one got fired however and 2 layed off due to econonomic slow down !! im curious is this something that happened across the board , like a decision from xgo ?? or maybe an isolated incident ?? have you all had the same stuff going on ?? im curious...

biggdean said:
we have lost 3 drivers in about a month...alot for a small terminal...one got fired however and 2 layed off due to econonomic slow down !! im curious is this something that happened across the board , like a decision from xgo ?? or maybe an isolated incident ?? have you all had the same stuff going on ?? im curious...
We're still hiring.

yea i have also noticed that they have really clamped down on the stupid things because they WANT you to quit & know you wont..they told me i couldnt wear a hat that wasnt company issue when i hook up !! they also told me i had to be clean shaven...in another post someone calling himself ely said "take pride in yourself and shave"..i always grow a beard for deer hunting and winter in general..since when does having a beard or goatee mean you dont take pride in your job or yourself...ely,,gmafb !!

They layed some off and fired drivers here. And I can't afford a razor but they don't force shaveing issues but they do uniforms.

BEAR HAMMER said:
We had 4 guys quit,lack of work.
We have not hired anyone in a while. They are not enforcing these BS policies like beards and stuff. Next year we are going to start off with 5 less bid spots than last year because of quits retires and fireds. Everyone is slow. I have it on a good source that the teamsters are laying off also. No surprise. But they are going to be laying off MORE than normal.

We were doing good lots of freight,till we were told to hold freight so linehaul could
get to reship on time,an by doing that we
lost freight.

BEAR HAMMER said:
We were doing good lots of freight,till we were told to hold freight so linehaul could
get to reship on time,an by doing that we
lost freight.
It is a combination of everything bear hammer. Please look around and see what is going on. I say this with the utmost respect to you.

wonderring99 said:
It is a combination of everything bear hammer. Please look around and see what is going on. I say this with the utmost respect to you.
I do look around everything is slow,but a salesman an i are getting some of the freight back.con-way is the best deal in town

Alot

IN NKX WE LAID OFF 4 AND WE HAD ABOUT 25 DRIVERS QUIT IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS. WE ARE NOT ALOUD TO TAKE COMPANY CC DAYS ANYMORE AND THEY JUST STARVED THEM OUT. AND YES WHEN ITS SLOW THE L.O.I.s COME FLYING OUT FOR THE SMALLEST THING SO WATCH YOUR BUT!!:duh:

It's inevitable. With freight being this slow.
Those terminals with more people on board than last year will be dealt the mighty Lay-Off Sword if we as DSR's don't start using the S in our titles to help bring more freight in. (obviously Line Haul excluded cause they don't see the customer...hey?...they can help prevent damages!!)
It's going to be sad to see some people go.
I know a bunch who left full time jobs, have families, mortgages etc.. for job security here.

Dockworker said:
It's inevitable. With freight being this slow.
Those terminals with more people on board than last year will be dealt the mighty Lay-Off Sword if we as DSR's don't start using the S in our titles to help bring more freight in. (obviously Line Haul excluded cause they don't see the customer...hey?...they can help prevent damages!!)
It's going to be sad to see some people go.
I know a bunch who left full time jobs, have families, mortgages etc.. for job security here.

We definately have more people than last year. I feel we definately overhired.