XPO | Driver let go for....

23 1/2 and triples certified there junior... call it what you want, it is experience talking

at the end of the day a sharp turn with a set produces instability comparable to a card table... yes junior I said card table.

20+ here (also trips certified), and this ain't my first rodeo. When it comes to experience or age, it's probably you that's junior.

This is why I load my own trailers at the FAC, and if I can't load everything, I'm constantly checking back and correcting a problem if there is one. This situation is going to happen more often if these stupid handhelds keep going down at 3am (on the east coast anyway). Dock workers and new drivers alike are not being trained properly and when you tell the that they should do it this way instead of that way, they don't care and do it again 5 minutes later.

3 for us is midnight for them. Most likely it has something to do with updates. Or virus scans or whatever they do to monitor systems any more. Which would likely occur at midnight western with the office being in Portland. Or San Beradino. I can't remember. Out there somewhere.

Whoever was responsible for buying these things should be fired. Millions for 15 year old technology that is costing us millions more to use. Just the down time and misloads on the FAC from them not working, could justify purchasing a entirely new system. Completely irresponsible. If this is the best they can do, then we might as well go back to writing it all down. This is what timid gets you. When you just buy something cheap hoping to minimize the downside, you limit your potential for any upside.

Was the driver that had the box roll able to get his job back?

We had a driver in the Atlanta region roll his back box last week. No details yet but if I get any I will pass them along. We also had a driver in the region knock a trailer over trying to hook from the side. No reason to hook that way, but when he hit it, over the trailer went onto a handrail and a set of stairs. They posted a picture at the yard.

Safety is of the most importance. If you get a sealed load, break it open and look it over.... Remember this one thing SAFETY pays. That's money in your families pocket. We should all take advantage of this.

Safety is of the most importance. If you get a sealed load, break it open and look it over.... Remember this one thing SAFETY pays. That's money in your families pocket. We should all take advantage of this.

what if its all walled off.what do you do?..its a risk you take every night pulling those boxes.. watched a guy try to load 2 6k totes on one side of the pup..I was like dude, ever heard of something called weight distribution?

At ups freight safety is more important then the freight itself. Now at conway do you put bars or anything under thw nose of the pup so it doeant tip from being loaded too nose heavy? Before we became ups creight. Overnite had bars for all pups, which i see qhy they did that so if the nose was too heavy it would tip and smash the awning of the building above the pup. But with the bar down you didnt know if it was too heavy or not, well of coudse u can read the chicken acratch on the manifest for that load, but have u ever seen a outbound shift and how they operate? Its 3 things, fast paced, uneducated loaders (mostly kidz in their early 20s) and three the worst shift for accountabity. I have seen people load things on top of bars and stack rqcks thT your jaw would just drop, or how about 4 cardboard tubs of BASF paintchip weighing around 3000lbs a peice on one side of a pup. If these LTL companoes keep pushing for more and more part-time dockhands, A.K.A brainfart lumpers. Then you are really getting what you paid for. Does anyone keep in contact with the driver that rolled his back box on I-57, the driver that was mentioned in the first post on this thread? And what state was he emoyed in. Thanks and all of u be safe.

I seriously need to proof read my posts before i post them. My fat fingers make my words look like im a 5yr old..... sry if its not understandable, im just a dumb driver that holds a steering wheel all night

. Now at conway do you put bars or anything under thw nose of the pup so it doeant tip from being loaded too nose heavy?

We don't have those bars. The landing gear on our trailers isn't set back as far as yours, so we don't have a tipping problem unless somebody is really clueless.

I've broken an inbound load manifested at 23,500 and while breaking, scanned 11,000 lbs showing elsewhere., putting that trailer art 34,500. When i told driver all he said was good thing it was not my kite and laughed. Imagine the over weight fine? I'm sure that would erase his laugh. Be careful guys

A lil FYI, preventable and unpreventable has never really been based on the actual accident. It depends on your work ethic and how much ass you kiss to determine your fate with this company:butt kiss:

for your information preventability is based 100% on the facts of the incident. The information called in to the safety department is where it starts. If this info is not complete there may be follow up questions. The ruling is not pulled out of someone's tail, it's based on the ETA Guide of Preventability, an industry standard publication. The person ruling on preventability has no idea of your work ethic or posterior kissing abilities

for your information preventability is based 100% on the facts of the incident. The information called in to the safety department is where it starts. If this info is not complete there may be follow up questions. The ruling is not pulled out of someone's tail, it's based on the ETA Guide of Preventability, an industry standard publication. The person ruling on preventability has no idea of your work ethic or posterior kissing abilities
I'm sure the scm has no input, of any kind, to the neutral, cut throat committee. Your theory seems so far fetched that I can't even grasp it. I know for a fact, a very professional Dsr rolled two boxes, On 2 separate occasions, and still kept his job. I guess he had a better explanation

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure the scm has no input, of any kind, to the neutral, cut throat committee. Your theory seems so far fetched that I can't even grasp it. I know for a fact, a very professional Dsr rolled two boxes, On 2 separate occasions, and still kept his job. I guess he had a better explanation

It's called not burning your bridges. I'm glad he kept his job. Probably a good worker. Had a good attitude.

I've broken an inbound load manifested at 23,500 and while breaking, scanned 11,000 lbs showing elsewhere., putting that trailer art 34,500. When i told driver all he said was good thing it was not my kite and laughed. Imagine the over weight fine? I'm sure that would erase his laugh. Be careful guys

That much weight, we have to scale it. It would've been caught. Guessing they didn't have a scale.

That much weight, we have to scale it. It would've been caught. Guessing they didn't have a scale.

Lack of a scale in this instance doesn't excuse it, the 11k shoved into he trailer should have been caught and corrected. And the driver that did it should have been in hot water as well.

on one hand you Praise our leadership and on another you criticize it yes Con~way still has some great Attributes but it also has more Bull**** than ever Before they have Forgotten what built this Company ! they have lost Common Sense Also ! Yes some of this lean crap is great game changing **** but they need to weed out the dumb crap that is a giant waste of Money they will Bankrupt this Company they keep up all this Dumb **** !!! They need not Forget the People Dsr s and Csrs whom Bottom line put there A$$ on the line everyday for this Company !!

Just like you said...cover your ass..always drive like everything is top-heavy ans you wont have a problem. You can't trust anybody loading these trailers right now.

No matter how many multiple syllable words an acronyms a person uses here or in "training" , some of the greatest success comes / has come from making things simple.
We have experienced people who want to train and teach us , but let's be honest - how much can you listen and learn from a pompous , blowhard , know-it-all jackass? Have you ever heard of bedside manner? In order to help ( teach or train ) it helps if you connect to the people that you are working with. This goes for management as well.
Even though you can't measure it or put a price on it morale matters. And by the way , you can't make people respect poor leadership - respect is earned.