XPO | Driver Pay

You are speaking about an age group that cannot tell time looking at a wall clock with hands you know. Most of them don’t know if it’s dark at 12:00 AM.
At least our Vnomics has a digital clock for the future generation of drivers:omg i gets present by droneguard 1:

It all depend of the person. Is 18 to young and is 71 to old? Age has nothing to do with how responsible and mature a person is. I seen kids a young as 12 planting and harvesting in million dollar machine, pulling double hay wagon on the road and taking care of livestock. I fact I was one of those kids. Worked on a farm for peanuts in my youth. One of the best time of my life taught me responsible, maturely, and pride. You see that less and less these day.
So stop grading someone on there age. It just a number. You say 18 to young and I sure some on here say 71 is to old to be driving truck
There's definitely a greater chance of someone in their 70s having a medical emergency while driving which could be a discussion on a older person being to old to drive!!

I’m gonna put it out there and some will call me off my rocker but with the current driver shortage and demand for drivers no LTL driver should be earning less than $ 38.00 or equivalent in miles an hour . If customers want the service they demand their going to have to pay up . Licensing, driver clearing houses and long hours are distracting new candidates from entering this trade . Companies will dredge the bottom for now but will hit the wall if they haven’t already.
Drastic change is needed.
I was talking to a new hire, at the re ship. He works in the same region, 60 miles from my home terminal. They started him at top pay, which is 84 cents more an hour,
than I make. I have over 30 years with the company, and he makes more than I. Plus he gets a $4000 sign on bonus. I work a lot slower now

I was talking to a new hire, at the re ship. He works in the same region, 60 miles from my home terminal. They started him at top pay, which is 84 cents more an hour,
than I make. I have over 30 years with the company, and he makes more than I. Plus he gets a $4000 sign on bonus. I work a lot slower now
Slow & steady is always “safest”
Good job driver !

We got sign on bonus. $6K. And start you at top out. Still can't get nobody. And people keep quitting.

Actually with our May 1st raise…at .71 cents per mile at an average speed of 60 mph…. (Linehaul anyway) makes over that equivalent….. just over 42.00 per hour. But yes that’s mileage which is more important to line haul than city drivers. $30 per hour to drive a go cart and push a few boxes around for two hours on FAC ain’t nothing to sneeze at…then you go back to $42 per hour on your drive home. Try and make that at some other job.

City drivers do need to make a bit more…at least $33 …. Maybe some day.

City ot by me is over 46 per hour 31.70 per hour straight time
That's great money in the midwest but poverty wages out west. I won't get out of bed for less than 50$ hr

4.03$ for the cheap stuff at Arco. Hopefully Newsome will drop it to 2$ when he gets re elected
I have to ask what was the price back in 2019 or 2020????? Biden in office for less then 6 months and gas almost doubles....Don't think Newsome can do anything about it

We got sign on bonus. $6K. And start you at top out. Still can't get nobody. And people keep quitting.
Now a day signing bonuses will not draw driver in. Over pay and bennies is quality of life. Working 12+ hrs a day for 5 day and they be forced on SAT how long do you think they will stay. All late starts and late nights. Some will take a pay cut for a better quality of life.

I have to ask what was the price back in 2019 or 2020????? Biden in office for less then 6 months and gas almost doubles....Don't think Newsome can do anything about it
$2.69 first week of January in Socal. Mrs Hookman paid $4.19 a few days ago. Pelosi's nephew Newscum has nothing to do with it. He's a hack.