XPO | Driver Pay

Now a day signing bonuses will not draw driver in. Over pay and bennies is quality of life. Working 12+ hrs a day for 5 day and they be forced on SAT how long do you think they will stay. All late starts and late nights. Some will take a pay cut for a better quality of life.

Almost all at this point. No one wants to work here.

I have to ask what was the price back in 2019 or 2020????? Biden in office for less then 6 months and gas almost doubles....Don't think Newsome can do anything about it
I was being sacracstic. Well last year with Trump it was below 3$ about 2.65. As soon as Biden killed off the keystone pipeline it went from 3.15 to 4.00+ within hours

When I take out my 30min break from the time I start to I log out I average between $31 to $36 per hour. That taking into account my mileage pay plus clock time including the dock time. The biggest effect on this amount is traffic, construction, weather and anything else that effects road and driving conditions.
30 min. Break, what’s that. I haven’t taken one since D.O.T. Did away with them. So far, no ones said anything

General Motors Is Having A Hard Time Finding Workers Due To Its Weed Testing Policy And Low Pay

The company, at the moment, is looking for 725 temporary part-time employees for two of its assembly plants - one in Flint and the other in Fort Wayne - but leaders at the United Auto Workers (UAW) have apparently learned that many potential hires have “walked away from interviews” once they realized GM is testing for cannabis.

Michigan state law permits every adult resident to consume marijuana for either recreational or medical purposes - a right that many young workers are not prepared to give up for a low-paying temporary job.

This leads to another problem with General Motors: their compensation package. Temporary positions needing to be filled are only paying $16.67 an hour, while a local Pizza Hut delivery driver earns $20 per hour.

From -
Yahoo! Finance

General Motors Is Having A Hard Time Finding Workers Due To Its Weed Testing Policy And Low Pay

The company, at the moment, is looking for 725 temporary part-time employees for two of its assembly plants - one in Flint and the other in Fort Wayne - but leaders at the United Auto Workers (UAW) have apparently learned that many potential hires have “walked away from interviews” once they realized GM is testing for cannabis.

Michigan state law permits every adult resident to consume marijuana for either recreational or medical purposes - a right that many young workers are not prepared to give up for a low-paying temporary job.

This leads to another problem with General Motors: their compensation package. Temporary positions needing to be filled are only paying $16.67 an hour, while a local Pizza Hut delivery driver earns $20 per hour.

From -
Yahoo! Finance
But if they were full time, with benefits positions? Can’t do that, the company won’t be able to profit as much as they could using pot smokers to build cars, in non safety related positions of course.

From -
Yahoo! Finance
Is the low pay because of the union?

Is the low pay because of the union?
I have a neighbor who works at a union auto plant, they approved a contract that gave current employees a higher wage at the cost of lower and longer progression of wages for future employees. He said the overall consensus is give me everything I can get without regard to anyone else. I guess that's the American way now, every man for himself.

Last edited:
Up to a $12K sign on bonus. Almost worth quitting just to get the money. Don’t matter how much time we have. We are all treated like new guys anyway. Looking to be worth it. $12K is a load of cash