XPO | driver requirements

gary30mazak

TB Lurker
Credits
i was wondering if anyone could give me the details about past driving record and past employment requirements for acceptance into the driver apprentice program at conway.
thanks.

gary30mazak said:
i was wondering if anyone could give me the details about past driving record and past employment requirements for acceptance into the driver apprentice program at conway.
thanks.
the biggest thing is are you able to pass the background to get your hazmat. if you don't have or can't get it then there is no way con-way will be able to hire you.
next biggest thing is to list EVERYTHING on your mvr. omit NOTHING. it's been said before but it bears repeating. con-way will forgive a lot of traffic transgressions and even a few criminal ones but to not list something on your application is akin to lying and con-way will NOT accept or forgive that. and trust me, they will find out.
that said, i have far from a perfect driving record, including a dui a few years back. I've had more than my share of speeding tickets (and even a couple for following too closely). now most are more than 2 or 3 years back (most, not all) but they are still on my mvr. I was still hired on though. your best bet is to make a list of everything on your driving and criminal record, take it into the terminal your thinking about applying with and talk to the hr/personel person. see what s/he thinks.

Have to agree with Digital. I have seen a person hired but they left off something on app and did not get the job. Be honest because they do check everything.

I also heard if your license has been suspended 2 times within 10 years, you can forget about it for now.
I agree, do not omit.

Dockworker said:
I also heard if your license has been suspended 2 times within 10 years, you can forget about it for now.
I agree, do not omit.
that all depends on what the suspension was for. I mean i've had my license suspended 3times. once for my dui, and the other two times for failing to keep insurance on file with the DMV. all withen the last ten years (seeing as I've only had a license for 10 years now)

i dont have a very good dmv record. i have a dwi from 11 years a go and one from 6 years ago. i know that sounds bad but it was a long time ago. my other hurdle is a employment gap of about 3 years. i wasnt in jail or anything just not working, had ill parents, trying to get licence back,etc I am just wondering if this is worth persuing or am i just wasting my time. it would be a 200 mile drive to get to charlotte to fill out an application. dont want to waste the gas if i dont have to.

like i said in another post... I had a DUI recently (within the past 10 years) and from there it has been a much less than perfect driving record. If driving for con-way appeals that much to you then yes, you should make the drive and go fill out an application. talk to the personel person while you are down there and again (this can't be stressed enough) put everything in the application. don't leave ANYTHING out no matter how insignificant it may seem to you.

Depending on how much they need people Con-Way can be strict to very easy on your past.

We have one guy at my barn who was canned by Swift for having too many preventables!

I never went to apply. I'm moving to charlotte in the next couple of weeeks so i guess ill just fill out an application and see what they say. what can they do? fire me?