FedEx Freight | Driver Seniority

If you both started (with an instructor) on the same day, it would then go to who clocked in 1st, that day.

Beyond that, there are criteria that are absolute, and carved in stone. Not subject to interpretation. Sorry, I don't know what those criteria are. YOUR instructor should contact his boss (DDS - not the Center Manager) to clarify, with an explanation. Do it right away.
I was fixing to respond, back when I started it came down to who clocked in first...but you beat me to it!! :1036316054:

If you both started (with an instructor) on the same day, it would then go to who clocked in 1st, that day.

Beyond that, there are criteria that are absolute, and carved in stone. Not subject to interpretation. Boats post above sounds right. Sorry, I don't know with any certainty what those criteria are. YOUR instructor should contact his boss (DDS - not the Center Manager) to clarify, with an explanation. Do it right away, the other guy would.

I'll definitely talk to him. Thanks.

We have a driver that started October of last year as a new hire off the street. Hes been gone since December of last year with no mention as to why. Magically hes back and it's going on September and hes kept his driver seniority and now has approx 10 drivers below him on the board now. Is there any scenario that you can think of where he legitimately keeps all this? Doesnt seem right to me. Guy works probably 2 months then is gone for 9 months and everyone below him gets shafted
There are no works rules FedEx must abide by. They can do as they please like it or not

If you both started the DDC on the same day you both have the same job class seniority date. Since you both share the same job class seniority date, the tie breaker process is utilized. The next thing to look at is company seniority dates. Whoever has more company seniority would break the tie. If you weren't a full time employee prior to becoming a driver apprentice, then your company seniority date began when you signed your offer letter for driver apprentice. If both of you have the same company seniority date then other 'hiring items' would have to be looked at to determine seniority.
Also, the date you signed the offer letter you received after completing the DDC to go into a driving position, is not used to determine seniority. This is because DDC graduates have a 'protected' job class seniority date.

If you both started the DDC on the same day you both have the same job class seniority date. Since you both share the same job class seniority date, the tie breaker process is utilized. The next thing to look at is company seniority dates. Whoever has more company seniority would break the tie. If you weren't a full time employee prior to becoming a driver apprentice, then your company seniority date began when you signed your offer letter for driver apprentice. If both of you have the same company seniority date then other 'hiring items' would have to be looked at to determine seniority.
Also, the date you signed the offer letter you received after completing the DDC to go into a driving position, is not used to determine seniority. This is because DDC graduates have a 'protected' job class seniority date.

I was told I have seniority because I accepted the driver apprentice job a couple of hours before he did. The bid sheet does not reflect this.

I was told I have seniority because I accepted the driver apprentice job a couple of hours before he did. The bid sheet does not reflect this.
Talk to or send an email to your ERA (employee relations advisor). Just ask if he or she can double check your seniority dates. Could just be an honest mistake by your manager. I was below 3 guys on the bid sheet at my center when I should have been above them. I didnt care really so I never brought it up. The bid sheet was later corrected when we bid start times. there is a master sheet that has the seniority dates for both city and road drivers at a given center.

Talk to or send an email to your ERA (employee relations advisor). Just ask if he or she can double check your seniority dates. Could just be an honest mistake by your manager. I was below 3 guys on the bid sheet at my center when I should have been above them. I didnt care really so I never brought it up. The bid sheet was later corrected when we bid start times. there is a master sheet that has the seniority dates for both city and road drivers at a given center.

I'll email and then follow up in person. Does it matter if my ID number is lower than his?

I contacted my ERA and he got back to me. He said I was right about the seniority issue and he will contact the appropriate parties to make sure it reflects on the next bid. Since my current assignment would be unaffected there is nothing else to fix.

I contacted my ERA and he got back to me. He said I was right about the seniority issue and he will contact the appropriate parties to make sure it reflects on the next bid. Since my current assignment would be unaffected there is nothing else to fix.
Glad to hear you were able to use the proper channels and get everything sorted out...and as usual, it took advice from someone on TruckingBoards to get the ball rolling!! :1036316054:

:smilies 19296: