Driver Sentenced, Eyes Off The Road Texting

DdFKvpc.jpg

I would think he would have a lifetime ban of holding a CDL also?

Watching the video part of the driver facing cam you would think timeline wise he's sitting still at a stop light, but you can see stuff going by out the side windows, it was 8 seconds, so he decided to take his eyes off the road for 8 seconds, 8 seconds from the controlled intersection doing 60mph with a car ahead of him 8 seconds away either already stopped or preparing to stop, that's insane, Eby-Brown has to be paying out huge on this, and I'm sorry but dopes like this make the case for driver facing cams.

Watching the video part of the driver facing cam you would think timeline wise he's sitting still at a stop light, but you can see stuff going by out the side windows, it was 8 seconds, so he decided to take his eyes off the road for 8 seconds, 8 seconds from the controlled intersection doing 60mph with a car ahead of him 8 seconds away either already stopped or preparing to stop, that's insane, Eby-Brown has to be paying out huge on this, and I'm sorry but dopes like this make the case for driver facing cams.

This is terrible. With all the technology we have these days. voice commands etc. how does this happen?

I'm not for cameras, but this will kill any argument you might have.
Judge too lenient.

Commercial drivers are held to a higher standard than the motoring public. If you can't be responsible for your actions then pursue a different career.
Best part is, that clown was texting and driving, knowing there was a driver facing camera in the truck...Hope instead of numbers on his jail clothes, it had the word, Dumb A$$ stenciled on it.

Best part is, that clown was texting and driving, knowing there was a driver facing camera in the truck...Hope instead of numbers on his jail clothes, it had the word, Dumb A$$ stenciled on it.

This idiot kills someone,gets a year, fudge a little trying to get your kid in a better college, you're facing 40 yrs.
Sumtins wrong here!

This idiot kills someone,gets a year, fudge a little trying to get your kid in a better college, you're facing 40 yrs.
Sumtins wrong here!
The one that paid off to get their 2 social media bimbos on the rowing team, will never see jail though. But yes, you are correct, negligent driving, kills someone, should be much more jail time.