TForce | Driver shortage at TForce Freight

My barn needs drivers and dock CDL. I think the company had a hiring freeze. Recently there was someone who came in for a road test. They sent him to get a dot physical and they never heard back from him.

We cant get drivers because our starting pay is the lowest around.
Our competition’s starting pay is top scale. (+29.00)
We dont even have enough tractors and no one wants to come on board with the lowest starting pay and become a 10% with possibility of low hours and sudden lack of work.

thats the union at work creating a 2 tier pay scale and years to top rate. non unions are paying far more to start.
The Union has no problem with a starting rate above the $17, as long in those in progression are factored in.
When you add the health benefits to the competition their starting rate is much less attractive. We have one of the best and affordable health care in LTL..
I agree, we sold out the future hires in that last contract...

The Union has no problem with a starting rate above the $17, as long in those in progression are factored in.
When you add the health benefits to the competition their starting rate is much less attractive. We have one of the best and affordable health care in LTL..
I agree, we sold out the future hires in that last contract...
I work at a non , i have health insurance and half the claims are denied im on the hook for thousands of dollars , cigna should be put out of business

My barn needs drivers and dock CDL. I think the company had a hiring freeze. Recently there was someone who came in for a road test. They sent him to get a dot physical and they never heard back from him.

Cigna or whatever health insurance company out there only pays for what the your company wants them to pay.
Teamcare insurance thru the teamsters is awsome. $15 copay to see the doc . $1500 max out of pocket for the year then paid at 100 % . On the 85/15 plan . $135 a month on the whole family. You can 80/20 health care for free .