TForce | Driver shortage at TForce Freight

With Central States Pension Fund . Fully Funded now from the Goverment Grant.

And Abf paying full pension credit. Suprised nobodys applying.

There wages are decent . With the best Health Benefits good paid time off . And Pension.

Last edited:
With Central States Pension Fund . Fully Funded now from the Goverment Grant.

And Abf paying full pension credit. Suprised nobodys applying.

There wages are decent . With the best Health Benefits good paid time off . And Pension.
Young people don't want to do this job work nights, weekends and holidays. Seems many just want to get high and play video games.

thats the union at work creating a 2 tier pay scale and years to top rate. non unions are paying far more to start.
That’s not quite right til just recently . Non unions use to take 5 years went to 3 years most now are 2 years to top rate though I have heard of a couple starting at full rate . But , that was very recent .

Has Abf changed there hiring standards? They seem to be one of the picking i haved ever seen in LTL freight
There notorious for laying you off. Have you on call when your not laid off. They do pay 100 percent in to the central states pension though. A good thing going for some

We cant get drivers because our starting pay is the lowest around.
Our competition’s starting pay is top scale. (+29.00)
We dont even have enough tractors and no one wants to come on board with the lowest starting pay and become a 10% with possibility of low hours and sudden lack of work.
Don't be trying to steel our claim has the lowest starting pay around!!!
A Yellow employee.

We cant get drivers because our starting pay is the lowest around.
Our competition’s starting pay is top scale. (+29.00)
We dont even have enough tractors and no one wants to come on board with the lowest starting pay and become a 10% with possibility of low hours and sudden lack of work.
and in some areas like mine every year they would layoff the bottoms guys around Jan/Feb until like April. Low pay and a track record of layoff....Good luck

With experience top rate and all benefits from day one plus a signing bonus. On the last sign I saw
One of my coworkers went to ABF about 18 months ago. He spent 10 months on the bottom of board fueling and hooking sets. He finally said screw this and went to haul petroleum tankers. You don't move up in seniority very fast over there!

One of my coworkers went to ABF about 18 months ago. He spent 10 months on the bottom of board fueling and hooking sets. He finally said screw this and went to haul petroleum tankers. You don't move up in seniority very fast over there!
He was definitely out of a break bulk. Seniority there is SLOW

At hrs were hurting for road drivers, dock cdl, and dock.
They are offering road Guys 10000 sign on bonus, straight non cdl dock and dock cdl are starting off the street at 24 a hour.

Not meaning to derail the conversation but what would be expected of a new road driver? I'd assume bottom of the board would be running extra board just filling in for guys off and/or extra runs. How much dock time is required?

Not meaning to derail the conversation but what would be expected of a new road driver? I'd assume bottom of the board would be running extra board just filling in for guys off and/or extra runs. How much dock time is required?
Depends on what terminal you're working out of.
Hrs is a big hub, road drivers don't work the dock unless they are on a mini hub bid.
Road drivers are on their own seniority line,and dock, jockey and city drivers are the local Cartage line.
End of lines usually do things differently.

Depends on what terminal you're working out of.
Hrs is a big hub, road drivers don't work the dock unless they are on a mini hub bid.
Road drivers are on their own seniority line,and dock, jockey and city drivers are the local Cartage line.
End of lines usually do things differently.
The local TForce terminal is a end of line center (to the best of my knowledge) Columbia, MO. Also how would it work if a road driver wanted to switch to city or dock after being hired on?

The local TForce terminal is a end of line center (to the best of my knowledge) Columbia, MO. Also how would it work if a road driver wanted to switch to city or dock after being hired on?
When you switch from city to road, or vice versa, you lose your bid seniority. There is an exception or two. Same with a voluntary transfer.