Driver Support Downsizing

I thought so also Big Daddie, We are not pushing thru alot of drivers right now! matter of fact we only have classes every two weeks.
Have you had your Cheetah class yet Big Daddie????

here he comes kenny g

axepinkslipfv8.jpg

Yep-have the cheetah and I have no backup. It works ok except the drop and hooks.I was hating it but I am getting used to it. WATCHOUT KENNY! HERE THEY COME

we dont need a recruiting dep. weve gave so much freight to jc or some one that we dont have none for us!!! j8 does nonthing to get or keep drivers moving "bad drugs". been layed over for two weekends in less than a month there are trucks all over the place up here. it still amazes me that they run trucks 500 750 1000 miles empty to help these people out, but are to sorry to run one emty 500 miles to keep a driver happy and spend the weekend with his family. i just wish the ole pres of the company would be man enough to do us all a favor and shut the doors.

we dont need a recruiting dep. weve gave so much freight to jc or some one that we dont have none for us!!! j8 does nonthing to get or keep drivers moving "bad drugs". been layed over for two weekends in less than a month there are trucks all over the place up here. it still amazes me that they run trucks 500 750 1000 miles empty to help these people out, but are to sorry to run one emty 500 miles to keep a driver happy and spend the weekend with his family. i just wish the ole pres of the company would be man enough to do us all a favor and shut the doors.

You gotta "learn to work kid".Part of the secret of getting home 98% of the weekends is paying attention to how each term works and where their frt mainly goes.Them you gotta put yourself in an area midweek that will turn your butt around.To many guys will take a run on 2day run on tuesday then complain when the turnaround doesnt work out.Its sunday and I am already thinking "where to? "after i hit J1 monday night.Some holidays ,family emergency,excepted,Jevic will not run you home 500 miles empty

I'm with you there gab!
thats exactly the attitude that needs to be
weeded out here!
if someone wants the door to shut ,why
would they still be here????.
ill be up all night now trying to figure that one
out!

animatedpinkbabycryingfo9.gif

you know we won't all ever agree on everything. that's just life. but let's agree we like getting a pay check and we know the grass just ain't greener....

This is just the sort of Morale Issue that the D/S dept is supposed to handle. any job can suck once in a while ,sometimes you need someone to listen to you vent .If a driver is on the road away from home and gets the blues if he vents on the wife she'll say why do you work there?
In the meantime he knows why he works there ,to make the best living he can .so the result is he doesen't tell his wife the problems at work and stews in his own jucies . Maybe he blows up at a dispatcher or another driver or worse a customer.
Driver Support helped a lot of people get through some very dificult times and probably saved some familys in the process and some good drivers got talked off the ledge, and they helped weed out the LOOSERS too!
I hope nothing but the best for all that remain at JEVIC and to the ones that fell to the AX.
Still a Fan!

Hey Bonnieville Man! we all do are share of Bit*hing only because we are so pastionate about our company!! Nobody wants the doors to close here, we just want to get somethings better around here. If your un- happy here? here is the number to New Century 877-870 4031, Ask for Mr Fria,
He will take special care of you! by the way you need some of this....
2266044187ci4.jpg
when you get there.

I got a great idea, combine J3 and J5 down around Greenville/Spartanburg area, combine J8 and J7 somewhere in the middle, get rid of all of our customers that have been loyal for years, and get crap freight that "pays really good" but our routers will still try to build 45,000 lbs. loads that have no chance in hell of fitting. Hey instead of building shuttles why don't we just drop all our freight at Benton, so we can have enough empty trailers to load our outbound loads on. One of the reasons we drop freight at Benton that we easily could deliver, is to boost the dispatchers bills per hour in the local area. I know this for a fact, they are giving freight away and we DO lose money by dropping this freight another carrier. Keep running of our sales people, they will take their accounts with them, and we won't get crap. But don't worry, when our hours drop and drivers get rotating days off, our "wonderful" prez and vp will still be pulling in six figures a year. Hey for all we know Sun Capitol told them to milk this cow and then shut the doors. Where are our NEW TRAILERS at??? They said we were buying them, well where are they?? Keep thinking everything is fine, but with the economy the way it is, only the big trucking companys will survive, and I hate to tell ya'll we ain't big enough.

I got a great idea, combine J3 and J5 down around Greenville/Spartanburg area, combine J8 and J7 somewhere in the middle, get rid of all of our customers that have been loyal for years, and get crap freight that "pays really good" but our routers will still try to build 45,000 lbs. loads that have no chance in hell of fitting. Hey instead of building shuttles why don't we just drop all our freight at Benton, so we can have enough empty trailers to load our outbound loads on. One of the reasons we drop freight at Benton that we easily could deliver, is to boost the dispatchers bills per hour in the local area. I know this for a fact, they are giving freight away and we DO lose money by dropping this freight another carrier. Keep running of our sales people, they will take their accounts with them, and we won't get crap. But don't worry, when our hours drop and drivers get rotating days off, our "wonderful" prez and vp will still be pulling in six figures a year. Hey for all we know Sun Capitol told them to milk this cow and then shut the doors. Where are our NEW TRAILERS at??? They said we were buying them, well where are they?? Keep thinking everything is fine, but with the economy the way it is, only the big trucking companys will survive, and I hate to tell ya'll we ain't big enough.

Everythings is not in fact fine. The economy does stink. But basically all your other ranting is off point.

See if one of those big companies will take you now, why wait?

pampersvy5.png
http://www.baby.mcshane.org/sounds/crying.mp3

What is with you guy's?? If you haven't noticed we are heading towards a slight resession if were not already there! We still have freight on our trailers!
A customer said to me last week when I came In at 4:30 in the afternoon with 8 ft open, "Jevic you got the most freight I've seen on anybodys trailer I have seen in week's" Ok so I dont fill it 5 days week, 3-4 day's beat's the average of everbody else.
Next fall after everthing settle's down you be crying again were to busy!!!! If you have a chance you need to play the message to bonneville man.
listen and learn Gabby knows his stuff,
mouthru5.gif

sorry guys, did not mean to step on nobodys toes but have been involed in two companys that shut down, and jevic is done 98% of the same things that they did. im not looking for another job nor do i intend two. ive never griped about having to much freight but it does get up setting when they won't send you toward the house for time off but then lay you around with nonthing to do 4 the weekend. do the math lay over $100 or $200 est 40 hrs idol @ 1 gal per hour 3.75 gal=$150 driver not being home or at least moving freight priceless. at that rate if you had more than one driver trying to get home say j1 to j3 rent a van or car run them home on fri then come back on sun or mon. this is just an idea we use to do it where i worked and it worked out great very little turn over. as far as cutting cost if we would take care of the drivers weve already got then we would save bundle in recruiting.

sorry guys, did not mean to step on nobodys toes but have been involed in two companys that shut down, and jevic is done 98% of the same things that they did. im not looking for another job nor do i intend two. ive never griped about having to much freight but it does get up setting when they won't send you toward the house for time off but then lay you around with nonthing to do 4 the weekend. do the math lay over $100 or $200 est 40 hrs idol @ 1 gal per hour 3.75 gal=$150 driver not being home or at least moving freight priceless. at that rate if you had more than one driver trying to get home say j1 to j3 rent a van or car run them home on fri then come back on sun or mon. this is just an idea we use to do it where i worked and it worked out great very little turn over. as far as cutting cost if we would take care of the drivers weve already got then we would save bundle in recruiting.

I also have 2 defunct carriers in my past. I have the benefit of being in our GO here at Jevic. I'm telling you that we're doing the right things for the right reasons. When we look at a customer, if it doesn't make profit, we make a decision to get it profitable. Sometimes that means getting better lanes to offset bad lanes; sometimes it means saying "sorry, but we can't do this anymore for this price". In oher cases, handing off a piece of freight to the wrong location to a partner is the profitable thing to do because it keeps our "blue trucks" in our sweetspot.

What the 2 examples show is discipline to do the right things to keep us around, as most of our competitors do desperate tings to keep freight on their trucks.

I walk the halls of the home office every day and I can tell you that no one's walking around with any sense of impending doom.

There is a sense of urgency. This is a tough business for tough people. But I keep reminding myself what makes us so great and why our customers are so rabidly loyal.

We run the largest heated fleet in all LTL. Our claims ratio is still the best in the industry. Our equipment is still excellent. Our people are still better and smarter than anyone else (yes even you drivers...:biglaugh:). Our management staff, (including me), are committed to do everything in our power to keep getting better.

Just this week, without naming names, we had 3 major success's in the Philly region. A $40k month came back after trying a 3pl. They're willing to pay us more for our service. Another major acct in the Allentown region will be filling 1 - 2 trucks daily again. They've turned over 100% of the freight going into a dozen of our core lanes out of J1.

We can hope for the best; or we can do whatever we can to continue to make us the best. At the end of the day, there's never a guarantee, but I'll be doing the latter so I can look in the mirror every moring and be happy that I'm part of the solution.

:shock:
This is just the sort of Morale Issue that the D/S dept is supposed to handle. any job can suck once in a while ,sometimes you need someone to listen to you vent .If a driver is on the road away from home and gets the blues if he vents on the wife she'll say why do you work there?
In the meantime he knows why he works there ,to make the best living he can .so the result is he doesen't tell his wife the problems at work and stews in his own jucies . Maybe he blows up at a dispatcher or another driver or worse a customer.
Driver Support helped a lot of people get through some very dificult times and probably saved some familys in the process and some good drivers got talked off the ledge, and they helped weed out the LOOSERS too!
I hope nothing but the best for all that remain at JEVIC and to the ones that fell to the AX.
Still a Fan!

I musta been out that day! :chairshot: