SEFL | driver trainee

dynaride

TB Lurker
Credits
I have applied for the driver trainee and outbound freight handler positions. I already have the license requirements. Can anyone tell me what to expect with those positions....Thanks in advance

dynaride dont know u live but mabe u can apply at the ftl terminal as well just to get ur foot in the door ,did u go to mia terminal yet ,doesnt hurt to go see the tm there ,introduce urself,same in ftl mabe work at both terminals till u get in mia.sorry dont know anybody down there by name,just some advice be ready to work its not an easy job ,good luck

if you have a home life,give it up if you go to work for this company.
company comes before your family. they will tell you different but
you will find out the truth.

I applied for the pt outbound freight handler at the Huntsville,Al terminal.I have my CDL with all the endorsements. I `m hoping maybe i can go full time as a p&d driver.later on.Any info abt how long it would be before i would get a p&d driver position? Thanks!

How long you have to wait can depend on many things. If they're hiring you as part of a plan to INCREASE drivers/routes due to an expected increase in freight, then it all depends on when they believe that time will come. However, if they're hiring because they kinda need somebody, but not necessarily right away, then it may go quickly (depending on the urgency of filling the position) or slowly (if they just want someone to do dock work and be on stand by as a fill-in). Just make sure you remind them that you're motivated and ready to get into a truck full time. Keep a positive attitude and don't let disgruntled people looking for a handout twist your perception of the reality in front of you - that you have a VERY good job, with a great company, and you won't have to worry about being laid off. First person that gets fired for preventables will probably open a door for you right away, assuming nobody is in line ahead of you. Remember, Southeastern operates on seniority, and be mindful of the fact that something like a shortage of labor on the dock may postpone your transition into a driver position. Also remember that ONCE YOU HAVE THE DOCK EXPERIENCE from this program, you will probably be one of the first drivers they approach if they need extra help (other dock worker on vacation, sick, high freight projections etc.). Then to top it all off, every terminal may operate a little differently...

fastSVT- YOU SIT THERE AND TELL THE man what a good job he will have with a great company but then you turn around and tell him he can move into a drivers position cause of another employee getting FIRED over an accident. stop blowing smoke up his azz. yea he wont get know lay-off but yes you will get rotated and rotation here lately has been coming almost 2 times a month and we are suppose to be busy. and dont get hurt on the job cause then you are a marked employee.they said when i was hired 9 years ago that this was a christian company,haha there right thats what they say but even someone on that end is blowing smoke up are azz.fastsvt i dont know who you are but this must be your first real job or your boss baby-sits you with your lips stuck to his azzzzzzzzzzz.........P.S. promise you that your job will come before your family.........

hey strap i know its a big word but ,preventables, look it up .good luck auburn .like fast said have a positive attitude u dont have to prove anything to anyone,just do the best u can .this is why people like the guy above this note is so miserable and a disgruntled pls stay away from people like this,again good luck ...would u hire someone like that??

fastSVT- YOU SIT THERE AND TELL THE man what a good job he will have with a great company but then you turn around and tell him he can move into a drivers position cause of another employee getting FIRED over an accident. stop blowing smoke up his azz.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Somebody, somewhere, will get fired from time to time. It's part of life.

yea he wont get know lay-off but yes you will get rotated and rotation here lately has been coming almost 2 times a month and we are suppose to be busy.

ALMOST TWICE?! IN A MONTH!?! Oh my....how do you cope? Maybe one day you will have the pleasure of finally getting laid off! Keep spreading the message until none of us have a job at all. People need to know this stuff and be informed of such a screwed up system before they risk hiring on and actually getting to keep their job. I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy. Fight the good fight, my friend!
Oh, and no rotation here. Not even so much as a whisper or raised brow about it. Ain't gonna happen anytime soon, that's for sure. So just because it's happening SOMEWHERE, doesn't mean it's happening EVERYWHERE. Matter of fact, I'd venture to say it's NOT happening more places than it IS happening.

and dont get hurt on the job cause then you are a marked employee.
Ummmm.....ok?? Sure....you're saying the company actually keeps records of incidents! That's preposterous! Why would they do such a thing?! There should be laws against this kind of meticulous record-keeping!!!!!

they said when i was hired 9 years ago that this was a christian company,haha there right thats what they say but even someone on that end is blowing smoke up are azz.fastsvt i dont know who you are but this must be your first real job or your boss baby-sits you with your lips stuck to his azzzzzzzzzzz.........P.S. promise you that your job will come before your family.........

No. You do NOT know who I am. What a profound observation.

So let me make sure I understand all this...
In conclusion:

By virtue of the fact that people get fired for doing stupid stuff, COUPLED with the fact that we have the privilege of getting ROTATED rather than LAID OFF, somehow this is a non-Christian company? Oh my goodness...why didn't I see it sooner? You really opened my eyes. I sure hope the Cassels and their merry band of demons see the light soon, for the salvation of their own souls! Because this is unacceptable! People should be able to crash into whatever the hell they want and not worry about losing their job! After all, we are ENTITLED to a job! Hell, I just might park my set on top of a nursing home tonight just to protest! Guess it wouldn't be so bad if we weren't FORCED to work here indefinitely, for oh...I don't know...9 years? I mean if only we could quit when we don't agree with their demonic policies.