ABF | Driver trainer program canceled

I have the greatest respect/admiration for Breeze. Not many of us who worked in LTL have survived to be his age. I always atrributed the high rate of dementia in those who worked the road to rough riding tractors back then that led to jumbled up brain cells. I don't know of many if any freight lines that had air spring suspensions back then. Loud cabs & shops have taken it's toll on my hearing. A career in LTL is not the healthiest enviroment.
I wore a pair of foam earplugs a lot. It is amazing how much more calmly you will take a blowout on the front trailer.... Wore them in the motel too for daysleeping. Slamming doors didn't bother me and I never missed my call...

I have the greatest respect/admiration for Breeze. Not many of us who worked in LTL have survived to be his age. I always atrributed the high rate of dementia in those who worked the road to rough riding tractors back then that led to jumbled up brain cells. I don't know of many if any freight lines that had air spring suspensions back then. Loud cabs & shops have taken it's toll on my hearing. A career in LTL is not the healthiest enviroment.
Not to mention having to drive broken loaner tractors when yours is broke down at another terminal. Ive been in some that should have been junked and recycled. Thats why at Estes drivers hate their tractors being broke down and being in the shop a while because you know you are going to be put in a peice crap. I was in one the damn seat was broken and would not raise off the floor in another the steering wheel kept flopping down wouldnt stay up. Thats why when i hear safety this safety that im like yeah right. The shop puts you in a peice of junk that they know is junk. Was in one the seat leaned to the left because it was broke there and that trip put the hurt on my lower back.

Unfortunately it's was cancelled because local 952 Orange,CA got lawyers involved on how it was bidded out. Our guys here did not like that the company can pick who was a trainer and grieved it, thus getting lawyers involved. It should be back once all that is settled.