Yellow | Driver Trainers

I have been on the dock seven years straight now. If I would have had 29 straight. I would blow my head off. I hate staying by the terminal. I know drivers have problems but the best thing they have is that they can get away from the terminal. You drivers have it good. Like I said I know you have problems out there I have done it. But you don't want to be dock only. It sucks!
But :smilies 19296:

I have been on the dock seven years straight now. If I would have had 29 straight. I would blow my head off. I hate staying by the terminal. I know drivers have problems but the best thing they have is that they can get away from the terminal. You drivers have it good. Like I said I know you have problems out there I have done it. But you don't want to be dock only. It sucks!
By us we have guys with 20 + years ,with cdls, who've never touched a steering wheel. They are deathly afraid to drive. So management works around them and would rather miss pick ups than force them on the street.

I settled into swing shift for my last years before retirement. Get up in the morning and get things done around the the house.
Go to work and be tired on the company's time.

Outbound rocks!

Clean undamaged freight.

Rarely having to fix OPMs. (other people's messes)

No free ashtrays!

Sleeping til noon if I choose.

Rarely having traffic issues!

:1036316054:
You have all that right. Inbound. Every door you open is a friggin mess. Unless I loaded it. But.... Not bragging.... We don't send it to ourselves.
At the end of the shift during cleanup super asked me to help the new stacker. I went down and did one door. Went back to the Super and told him I refuse to do one door cause it looked like a 3 year old did it. I didn't have the time to strip the whole damn thing and reload it and I sure couldn't add to the mess he made. I feel sorry for whoever gets any one of the five doors he was stacking. Even though I may gripe about ::shit:: here I will not load a crappy trailer if I am loading it. I feel responsible for it like back in the 80's. It's a generational thing I guess.

You have all that right. Inbound. Every door you open is a friggin mess. Unless I loaded it. But.... Not bragging.... We don't send it to ourselves.
At the end of the shift during cleanup super asked me to help the new stacker. I went down and did one door. Went back to the Super and told him I refuse to do one door cause it looked like a 3 year old did it. I didn't have the time to strip the whole damn thing and reload it and I sure couldn't add to the mess he made. I feel sorry for whoever gets any one of the five doors he was stacking. Even though I may gripe about :::shit::: here I will not load a crappy trailer if I am loading it. I feel responsible for it like back in the 80's. It's a generational thing I guess.
When I was on the dock they made me fix more messes than I ever got to break. Bumped out to the yard or street whenever I could just to stay sane...

Outbound rocks!

Clean undamaged freight.

Rarely having to fix OPMs. (other people's messes)

No free ashtrays!

Sleeping til noon if I choose.

Rarely having traffic issues!

:1036316054:
16:30 Sunday start. Wouldn't have it any other way! :smilies 19296:

The last few road drivers they hired at my terminal lasted about 3 weeks. One could barely make his work call 2 days out of 3 for 211 bed turns , and the other rode a bike to work and would sleep in parked line haul trucks at the terminal. Cannot imagine trying to train or just hire these types...
Hey them linehaul and sleeper trucks are for the yard guys to sleep in

I worked a 16:00 start, Sunday thru Thursday for quite a few years.
I used to work Thurs-Mon 1600 Yard. Only about 4 people on the 180 door dock Sunday. No cameras. One girl who worked the dock would lift her shirt and try to make me wreck while I was backing....:1sm057crazy::1sm364jumpbed::1sm057crazy::tr10driving03:

I used to work Thurs-Mon 1600 Yard. Only about 4 people on the 180 door dock Sunday. No cameras. One girl who worked the dock would lift her shirt and try to make me wreck while I was backing....:1sm057crazy::1sm364jumpbed::1sm057crazy::tr10driving03:
Roadway Abq. opened in 1979. They put me on full-time in 1981. Around 1983 they added a one man bid swing shift which was me. Just a supervisor and me some nights on the dock and a break room full of Okie linehaul drivers. Those were fun times.

Roadway Abq. opened in 1979. They put me on full-time in 1981. Around 1983 they added a one man bid swing shift which was me. Just a supervisor and me some nights on the dock and a break room full of Okie linehaul drivers. Those were fun times.
El Reno! (rhino)

fpGQKiS.jpg

You have to walk the line to be an actual certified CDL instructor in Illinois. No DUI ever. No felonies ever. No major tickets. Etc.
Ive been a licensed instructor since 1982. When i was training at 309 i asked too many questions about the training and found out i no longer train now. Guess if you want to train correctly you cant question the driver foreman about the sylibus