Yellow | Driver's have the power

We had a meet yesterday and the whole outbound crew spent a little over an hour watching a video and looking at first quarter graphs.
And of course driver shortages and "new" equipment addition to the company
Which is a complete joke. I know they are trying.
But adding pennies to giant problem is a problem in itself.
One thing sticks with me.
Was told 42 new lift trucks were added system wide. 42? How many lifts do we have system wide? Thousands. Upon thousands. I'm sure. But 42 new one. Pfft.
Pennies.
Now to the driver shortage.
Let's say manpower shortage.
One way. And only one way to end it.
Pay up!
People will come and stay.
Not hire on. Get experience and go to ups.
Does anyone remember when it used to be a premium job?
Get it back to that and this company would flourish.

I didn't mention this in the meeting because it wouldn't go anywhere.
I do here because there are listeners (maybe) here.
Besides. These meetings are just stupid.
They know how to solve the problem
But like people say. They will trip over gold coins to pick up pennies.
Just step up and quit fighting the employees and the ship will correct itself.

Now for the disclaimer .....
:17142:

A lot of drivers are waiting to see this 2019 contract to make the decision to move on or not .
Yes spread the word we feel the same way in the New York terminal will waiting to see what happens if it's not the money that we want we're all going to walk and they going to be out of business basically they can't find Qualified management or drivers these guys are coming out of school tearing up trucks crashing into things oh my God is this what we have to look forward to spread it across the country down south and west east north we all got to stand together and vote no even if it sounds good on the first proposal know stand firm and show them we mean business this time we gave up 15%th it's way too long to put up with this junk

Yes spread the word we feel the same way in the New York terminal will waiting to see what happens if it's not the money that we want we're all going to walk and they going to be out of business basically they can't find Qualified management or drivers these guys are coming out of school tearing up trucks crashing into things oh my God is this what we have to look forward to spread it across the country down south and west east north we all got to stand together and vote no even if it sounds good on the first proposal know stand firm and show them we mean business this time we gave up 15%th it's way too long to put up with this junk
I wish you guys the best, I really do...the Aye Bee Ffuh guys caved in, big time..no standing up to anyone....hope you can do it!!!

Were else can you go and get paid to do nothing. When they send me to hook for line haul I do like the other old hands hook them put on line. These new rookies leave with air leaks flat tires and no lights.
They can’t leave with the pension penalty so it is what it is crash and burn.

Last edited:
Stick together 2019 - upper management knows they need to pay us !

You are right management knows they need to pay us but it's what the lenders are willing to give that matters.
The company is just a middle man for the negotiations and the reality is that the math will work out for the lenders or it won't .We are just another account for the lenders .
I don't think a vote will pass or should pass without a decent raise and if not I'm ready to move on.

You are right management knows they need to pay us but it's what the lenders are willing to give that matters.
The company is just a middle man for the negotiations and the reality is that the math will work out for the lenders or it won't .We are just another account for the lenders .
I don't think a vote will pass or should pass without a decent raise and if not I'm ready to move on.
Do the lenders control the multi million dollar bonuses paid out each year to the big dogs in Kansas City? I think not!

Do the lenders control the multi million dollar bonuses paid out each year to the big dogs in Kansas City? I think not!

The board of directors approves those monies.James Welch didn’t take money from the pot and pay himself.The first year he got over a 50% decrease and had some b.s. in contract about performance based pay.That bonus was total b.s.

No they don't, nor do they control how much we get paid either. The only thing they have stipulated is that a labor contract be in place before they re-negotiate loans.

Exactly...on their terms. Do you actually think they would have loaned the money if we got a $30.00 per hour contract with full pension payments?
The lenders are the decision makers on whether or not they will loan the money.They give the bottom line on our pay and the terms of the loan.

I will add, the lenders just might let the charade continue with an unsustainable contract if they knew they would come out profitable in bankruptcy.

Would anyone in their right mind loan this company money with full hourly scale and full pension payments? Answer honestly. Every person on this board knows they will default on the loan in one quarter.

Last edited:
I don't know if they control the bonuses paid out to management, they just dont care about them. What the banks and management care about is keeping the Teamster Labor to their contract. After all it's the geniuses in management that have kept YRCW afloat with all their brilliant ideas. Like the idea they came up with to get labor to pay for everything, and then got the Teamsters to go along with it.

If anyone can think of any other brilliant management ideas, speak now.

I do not recall any ‘cash’ bonus being paid directly to any corporate level executive. Everything has been compensated through stock options and awards. Theses have strict stipulations attached by the SEC and have no effect on company bottom line. The banks could give a rusty ratsaas about these awards.

Increases in pay are dollar values that can be tied directly to bottom line.

E.g., years ago there was a push for payroll savings by reducing/eliminating extra clicks. The cost of 5 clicks per person per day per year was astonishing.

15% wage and full pension never coming back do the math $350 a week pension x 20,000 Union employees $364 Million that's just the pension. 15% $10,000 x 20,000 Union employees $200 Million add it together $564 Million. YRC Worldwide barely makes a profit now how is it going to pay almost an extra $600 Million? Leave for ABF and UPS now before everyone applies at the same time!
That will not be instantaneous but would be spread out over 5 years . This not out of reach for YRC ,BTW they found big bonus money for James J .Welch and Jami Pierson . Besides rumor has it that everything will be turned over to Holland .

15% wage and full pension never coming back do the math $350 a week pension x 20,000 Union employees $364 Million that's just the pension. 15% $10,000 x 20,000 Union employees $200 Million add it together $564 Million. YRC Worldwide barely makes a profit now how is it going to pay almost an extra $600 Million? Leave for ABF and UPS now before everyone applies at the same time!

Even you see the futility in your demand.

No they don't, nor do they control how much we get paid either. The only thing they have stipulated is that a labor contract be in place before they re-negotiate loans.

The report said the loan is comprised of a $700 million term loan and a $450 million asset-backed portion to be due in five years. And it added the loan is contingent on YRC’s 26,000 Teamsters members voting to extend its current labor contract into 2019, which would keep pay cuts from its previous deal intact while also adding operating flexibility. Voting began yesterday and runs through today, with results available tomorrow, a union representative told Bloomberg.

This attempt to refinance YRC is in advance of a $69.4 million bond that matures on February 15, according to Bloomberg.

In late December, YRC Worldwide reached a debt-for-equity deal with lenders and other institutional investors to reduce its debt by about $300 million.

A “yes” vote by its 26,000 Teamsters on a five-year labor agreement would extend a 15 percent wage cut and other benefit concessions to its rank-and-file workers.

YRC needs the Teamsters concession as part of a longer term corporate refinancing.
In addition, the debt reduction deal is contingent on getting holders of at least 90 percent of the $124 million of the company’s pension fund debt to amend and extend the currently outstanding note.

Sorry I should have posted link..

I do not recall any ‘cash’ bonus being paid directly to any corporate level executive. Everything has been compensated through stock options and awards. Theses have strict stipulations attached by the SEC and have no effect on company bottom line. The banks could give a rusty ratsaas about these awards.

Increases in pay are dollar values that can be tied directly to bottom line.

E.g., years ago there was a push for payroll savings by reducing/eliminating extra clicks. The cost of 5 clicks per person per day per year was astonishing.
I respect your opinion as I'm sure many here do. But if you look at executive management as far as their compensation, salary, stock options, etc., these people are millionaires. They are set for life. The Teamsters who are paying for past managerial blunders, with the 15% pay cut, 75% pension contribution reduction, etc., are not even close to being set for life, or close to their non Union brothers in basic compensation. This is a problem.

The present administration in Washington , Senate and Congress has a plan to fix the driver shortage problem is to lower the age for a CDL to 18 . Now ya can work besides your son or worse your grandson . This is what deregulation brought us .

I respect your opinion as I'm sure many here do. But if you look at executive management as far as their compensation, salary, stock options, etc., these people are milionaires. They are set for life. The Teamsters who are paying for past managerial blunders, with the 15% pay cut, 75% pension contribution reduction, etc., are not even close to being set for life, or close to their non Union brothers in basic compensation. This is a problem.
Don’t disagree with the wage discrepancy issue. Just reiterating that the compensation above salary has no bearing on company bottom line.

I respect your opinion as I'm sure many here do. But if you look at executive management as far as their compensation, salary, stock options, etc., these people are milionaires. They are set for life. The Teamsters who are paying for past managerial blunders, with the 15% pay cut, 75% pension contribution reduction, etc., are not even close to being set for life, or close to their non Union brothers in basic compensation. This is a problem.

I agree with you 100 % brother and I hope we get the pension loan from the government in November.I just wish it were possible for Yrcw to pay in fully again.