Yellow | Driver's have Upper Hand 2019

What's the matter, you can't walk and chew gum at the same time? Being both in and against a bad situation doesn't mean you have to act bitter all the time. Who does that help?

Must have hit a nerve with you. I'm not bitter just stating what I believe is true. You seem bitter with my opinion. Be safe out there.

Ok , Unemployment is at a ALL TIME LOW and a SEVERE SHORTAGE OF DRIVER'S , so WHY do we have to back down in 2019 ? Think about it ,everywhere you go all companies are trying to HIRE , so what's Old Greedy Yellow Pig going to do let us STRIKE when there is NOBODY to HIRE to replace us ? The tables have turned in 2019 and this -15% B.S. has to end now and time to Pay the Rate or Lock the Gate ..................................................................................................................
well, I think drivers have the upper hand in 2018. Just wait and see on the ABF contract...it will be a measure of things to come...it seems that the Teamster leadership has thrown us under the bus..

I wonder if they have a place to vote HELL NO...if they did, that is what I am going to vote.
Keep your eyes and ears open. Good luck to all our Brothers and Sisters..

I'm sure this will be like the last extension. We were told " If you vote no we will shut the company down"
We did and they didn't.
They just waited a couple weeks change a couple little things and boy did the sheep on truckingboards freak out,
what will we do if they shut down?
Where will we work now?
I don't want to start over. Bla bla bla
At this moment we most of us won't get a pension, our top pay is less than almost everybody's starting pay, our 15 0/0 is going to pay a portion of our health insurance.
This company is laughing at all the idiots that keep saying "we will show up and do our job no matter how hard you stick it to us"
We have paid off the company debt many times over. What idiot drafts a give back with no end date or no total amount?
THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO TO SAVE YRC FROM ITS MANAGEMENT

I'm sure this will be like the last extension. We were told " If you vote no we will shut the company down"
We did and they didn't.
They just waited a couple weeks change a couple little things and boy did the sheep on truckingboards freak out,
what will we do if they shut down?
Where will we work now?
I don't want to start over. Bla bla bla
At this moment we most of us won't get a pension, our top pay is less than almost everybody's starting pay, our 15 0/0 is going to pay a portion of our health insurance.
This company is laughing at all the idiots that keep saying "we will show up and do our job no matter how hard you stick it to us"
We have paid off the company debt many times over. What idiot drafts a give back with no end date or no total amount?
THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO TO SAVE YRC FROM ITS MANAGEMENT
Key point is we have given back enough money to have paid off the debt IF that's what they really wanted to do ? so it's "Pay the Rate or Lock the Gate " ....................................................and let the sheep cry BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Key point is we have given back enough money to have paid off the debt IF that's what they really wanted to do ? so it's "Pay the Rate or Lock the Gate " ....................................................and let the sheep cry BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Here we go again. We didn't "give back" anything, we charged the company a bit less for our labor, just like when a store has a 15% off sale. They are "paying the rate", the rate we voted on and agreed to accept. You agree to accept that rate every day you come to work and punch in. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA yourself. By the way, since the IRS has given everyone one additional day to file their taxes does that mean you have to stand on the curb wearing your Liberty Tax outfit one more day?

QkImxLS.jpg

Here we go again. We didn't "give back" anything, we charged the company a bit less for our labor, just like when a store has a 15% off sale. They are "paying the rate", the rate we voted on and agreed to accept. You agree to accept that rate every day you come to work and punch in. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA yourself. By the way, since the IRS has given everyone one additional day to file their taxes does that mean you have to stand on the curb wearing your Liberty Tax outfit one more day?
The SHEEP agreed to come to work & punch for least I DID NOT agree , but was forced by the spineless SHEEP and that's why I have to work p.t. on wk-ends !

The SHEEP agreed to come to work & punch for least I DID NOT agree , but was forced by the spineless SHEEP and that's why I have to work p.t. on wk-ends !

What? You're saying that you aren't the master of your own destiny? You were "forced" to do do something by "spineless" people? Wow, that seems to be something I wouldn't brag about. If those "spineless sheep" are forcing you do something you don't want to do, what does that make you? I hate to even think of the word for that! :smile new:

Like it or not you did give 15% back. That's why you are working under a MOU and not a contract.

Just a play on words. We gave back 15% of the pay we contracted to work for and our paycheck stubs reflected it because it was a give back. A MOU is binding but that fact has nothing to do with anything discussed here. If it's a "distinction without a difference" then why are trying to correct people that say it was a give back?

Last edited:
Just a play on words. We gave back 15% of the pay we contracted to work for and our paycheck stubs reflected it because it was a give back. A MOU is binding but that fact has nothing to do with anything discussed here. If it's a "distinction without a difference" then why are trying to correct people that say it was a give back?

Because you can't "give back" something you never got. We contracted to a lower rate of pay, not some imaginary number in the sky. When we got a pay raise in past contracts did we refer to it as a "give forward"? Absolutely not, it was the new rate just as our pay now is the current contractual rate. It sucks to have taken a pay cut but lets be real, what we're getting paid is our current contractual rate, like it or not. Any other rate, whether it's what we used to get, what we "should" get, what we would like to get, is just fantasy - for the moment anyway.