Yellow | Driver's have Upper Hand 2019

No, you had a contract rate that wasn't a fantasy or number in the sky. It was a contract. Then we agreed to give 15% of that contract rate back and now you are working at an amended MOU rate. A MOU is not a contract. Both are binding (not legally on the MOU) but to try to pass it off as anything other than a give back is pure fantasy. The people that negotiated it on our behalf saw it the same way. That's why your paystub showed both rates.

Last edited:
No, you had a contract rate that wasn't a fantasy or number in the sky. It was a contract. Then we agreed to give 15% of that contract rate back and now you are working at an amended MOU rate. A MOU is not a contract. Both are binding (not legally on the MOU) but to try to pass it off as anything other than a give back is pure fantasy. The people that negotiated it on our behalf saw it the same way. That's why your paystub showed both rates.

Look, we're getting into a semantic pissing match. The key words in your comments are "had" and "was", both indicating past tense. If you want to get technical, our last "contract" expired years ago and we no longer work under a "contract" by your definition. Therefore there is no "contract" so to speak which defines our pay rate. There is a current "MOU" which does however. That MOU defines a new pay rate which happens to be less than what we used to make. But what we used to make has no relevance today except to remind us of how it used to be in the past. And that "contract" which defined that pay rate expired long ago. By the way, none of what I'm saying means that I'm not looking toward a sizeable increase when this MOU expires, just as we all are.

No those aren't the key words. The key words were contract and give backs which you seem to be in complete denial about. So much that you felt the need to correct others for saying it.

There are a LOT of things I don't agree with Wong about but he is 100% correct about the give backs. We were under contract when this current mess was negotiated.

Last edited:
No those aren't the key words. The key words were contract and give backs which you seem to be in complete denial about. So much that you felt the need to correct others for saying it.

There are a LOT of things I don't agree with Wong about but he is 100% correct about the give backs. We were under contract when this current mess was negotiated.

I respect your opinion, but we'll just have to agree to disagree. Have a good day and be safe.

If you believe that the financial restructuring of YRCW's business model was unnecessary (the MOU) how would YOU have brought the HEMORAGING of money under control? Just asking.......

If you believe that the financial restructuring of YRCW's business model was unnecessary (the MOU) how would YOU have brought the HEMORAGING of money under control? Just asking.......

No, I never said that. I said we had a 15% agreed upon give back on the contract. I voted for the 1st one and don't think this company would have survived without it. But, IMO to classify it as anything other than a give back isn't honest. I don't think the second one was necessarily a good thing though and like the second I won't be voting yes for a third one. We are a union company and need a contract, not another MOU. Am I expecting all of my benefits and pay to be restored on the next contract? No, but it better be a lot better than it is today if they want a yes vote from me. These give backs have become a crutch this company needs to shed. They need to learn how to move freight profitably and start paying enough that new hires will actually want to work for YRC.

8f21ca0b09e16f36e73d325a24c12840.jpg
Greedy yellow Pig is the Wolf , eating up our $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ -15% weekly , so give up in 2019 and be eaten again !!!!!!!!!!!

Problem is the yes SHEEP !!
The yes sheep were all in the last MOU. Our local, 179 and one other, (I don’t recall which one) were the ONLY ONES in the country that voted the last turd of a contract down. Our reward for that? The international tore up the Chicago white paper agreement, and lumped us in with everyone else in the area. They couldn’t have a rogue local serving 2 big freight terminals in Chicago suburbs disrupting the agenda.
In Chicago of all places. The mighty 705 & 710 agreed to this piece of crap. The moment of truth came, and they caved. Could of shut the largest central hub in the country down.
People were afraid. Of what, I don’t know. Maybe looking for another job?
No stones for the hard decisions is what this countries about nowadays.
I’ve known for a long time we’ve had the upper hand.
Labor always has the upper hand.
I will say this, I’m seeing warning signs already with YRC freight that they may not be in business next MOU. The city fleets delapitated, and wore out. Trailers are trashed and leaking. They need an infusion of about 10,000 tractors, and 20,000 trailers. Don’t fool you’re selves. Look around at your facility. Does this look like a company that’s viable for the future?
As the company pays 30 million a quarter in juice on loans, your hard work is paying investment bankers millions in bonus cash. Google Mark Lasry. A billionaire whom runs a hedge fund that owns a big piece of YRC, plus he has private investment in the company. This is the man benefitting from your hard work. Your making peanuts while he makes millions.
The question everyone should ask,
How much are you willing to put up with at YRC?
Time keeps ticking away, as EVERYTHING COST MORE, and our wages continue to stay stagnant.
We didn’t cause this mess, the brain trust at Jellow did.
At some point you have to take a stand. Will it be now?
Time will tell.

The yes sheep were all in the last MOU. Our local, 179 and one other, (I don’t recall which one) were the ONLY ONES in the country that voted the last turd of a contract down. Our reward for that? The international tore up the Chicago white paper agreement, and lumped us in with everyone else in the area. They couldn’t have a rogue local serving 2 big freight terminals in Chicago suburbs disrupting the agenda.
In Chicago of all places. The mighty 705 & 710 agreed to this piece of crap. The moment of truth came, and they caved. Could of shut the largest central hub in the country down.
People were afraid. Of what, I don’t know. Maybe looking for another job?
No stones for the hard decisions is what this countries about nowadays.
I’ve known for a long time we’ve had the upper hand.
Labor always has the upper hand.
I will say this, I’m seeing warning signs already with YRC freight that they may not be in business next MOU. The city fleets delapitated, and wore out. Trailers are trashed and leaking. They need an infusion of about 10,000 tractors, and 20,000 trailers. Don’t fool you’re selves. Look around at your facility. Does this look like a company that’s viable for the future?
As the company pays 30 million a quarter in juice on loans, your hard work is paying investment bankers millions in bonus cash. Google Mark Lasry. A billionaire whom runs a hedge fund that owns a big piece of YRC, plus he has private investment in the company. This is the man benefitting from your hard work. Your making peanuts while he makes millions.
The question everyone should ask,
How much are you willing to put up with at YRC?
Time keeps ticking away, as EVERYTHING COST MORE, and our wages continue to stay stagnant.
We didn’t cause this mess, the brain trust at Jellow did.
At some point you have to take a stand. Will it be now?
Time will tell.
I believe Avenue Capital has sold its interest in YRC.