Drivers need to stick together!

No definitely not teamsters... some other random union is trying to work its way in here...I personally dont see a place for it here

yeah i saw that...thought it was IMAW that was trying to get in here for the dock...thats what the handout said two weeks ago from a rep that was standing outside, either way i dont see a place for them here at NCT

yeah i saw that...thought it was IMAW that was trying to get in here for the dock...thats what the handout said two weeks ago from a rep that was standing outside, either way i dont see a place for them here at NCT
There's a place for them when you have as many unhappy employees as NCT has.Never saw a company that has so many people looking for others jobs..from office workers to dispatchers to drivers and dock.Rumor has it Harry told them,as he was being shown the door, they should give back pay cuts taken 6 yrs ago or they would have this kind of problem.

Due to my previous experience with a few unions... They start out promising you the world, and they DON'T deliver. What upsets me is that they muscle their way in on false promises,... then collect dues (another wonderful expense subtract from our paycheck), and then protect the lazy workers from being fired...i had a conversation the other day outside with the union reps, and they will not discuss their policies/dues with anyone, but just PROMISE you will get incremental raises and such if you vote them in... its one of the biggest scams on the planet

as i have heard pay is an issue, but its not going to get any better if these folks squeeze in here... If you want proof of how they spend their money, look up the Union's LM-2 and see how they use YOUR money... Organization Query Page (Disclosure) (this is the Government link to look up union history)

I encourage you to seek the facts... cause i don't want to see this company fall victim

Well who's going to fight for NCT employees? When is enough enough?
Mercedes Benz parked outside new trucks and the employees have not gotten what they
Where promised by NCT 6-7 years ago? So who else is full of broken promises?

that's the hardest part about being in our industry...we work hard for a living and are still recovering since that economic downturn 6 -7 yrs ago... the road to recovery is tough, we all know that and especially this year with all these government regulations on our plate as drivers. the fact that NCT invested in new trucks is a good sign, the more efficient we become the more we can look to Raises...Bonus $$ & so on.

That's my take on the situation,

Raises? Employees are still looking to recover their 5% that was taken and a raise!
Funny how you didn't mention all the fancy cars!? Sounds to me like you might be somebody on the inside

Just cause we dont agree on things dont make me an insider @driveforfree, im sure you know just as well as anybody in our line of work there r fancy cars are wherever you go... have yet to find a company that doesnt compensate Executives, wouldnt you agree? i havent been here very long , but ya know this company is visibly different from some other ones ive been at, and i have to say the outlook is promising, We ALL want to be part of a GROWING company but i know it takes time

9 years so you really don't have much to go on, you never lost the 5% or had the 401k taken away
And told a bunch of lies and have watched this multi million dollar company grow in front of your eyes and what bother companies give back to their employees.

Due to my previous experience with a few unions... They start out promising you the world, and they DON'T deliver. What upsets me is that they muscle their way in on false promises,... then collect dues (another wonderful expense subtract from our paycheck), and then protect the lazy workers from being fired...i had a conversation the other day outside with the union reps, and they will not discuss their policies/dues with anyone, but just PROMISE you will get incremental raises and such if you vote them in... its one of the biggest scams on the planet

as i have heard pay is an issue, but its not going to get any better if these folks squeeze in here... If you want proof of how they spend their money, look up the Union's LM-2 and see how they use YOUR money... Organization Query Page (Disclosure) (this is the Government link to look up union history)

I encourage you to seek the facts... cause i don't want to see this company fall victim
Here's a fact..those union dues get you health insurance and a pension,something you don't have now, for less than you are currently paying for your medical ....the decision to unionize will ultimately be up to each employee...your posts seem to indicate you have an agenda....say you started 9 months ago...about the same time YRC rejects took over leadership of NCT...maybe not a coincidence

But thats my point, when i first got here i heard everything you just said...the 401k is back now and over the past 9 months you cant say there havent been changes implemented for the better, i know i cant account for the 9 years of time you put in, but since i started i like the initiatives, and thats why im defending the company. from a one year perspective ive seen things change in a fairly short amount of time, idk what the future holds but i want to be a part of something that will be a good place to call home

, im sure you feel the same way, i was with a few other companies that just never made good on any changes they promised..this is the first time ive been to a place where there have been changes YEAR ONE of my career with them, to me that is a promising statistic.

Thats my 2 cents, We are all here to make a living

lol @jockey no agenda, no YRC affiliation, just not big on unions... and want to see this place get back to the hype it was long ago, it has a long way to go, and has its flaws like everywhere else...I see your Pro-union so whatever works for you,...it never helped me out in the past,

my 2 cents

I'm not pro union,just pro worker...there wouldn't even be a union discussion if company was treating workers well. I've been around trucking almost 40 years and this is one of the most poorly run companies I have ever worked for. I"d like to know all the great changes you have seen in past 9months that encourages you. If you were hired in past year you receive worse pay and benefit package than those hired in past few years.