XPO | Drivers to Colorado

Frogger10

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone know who Texas is sending 20 drivers a dock workers to colorado.Flying them out there and paying for motels and food? I know they are getting one from Laredo, and some from Houston

Does anyone know who Texas is sending 20 drivers a dock workers to colorado.Flying them out there and paying for motels and food? I know they are getting one from Laredo, and some from Houston
Why are they asking so many folks to go there, is their a problem getting people to work or what?:6788:

Why are they asking so many folks to go there, is their a problem getting people to work or what?:6788:

What are they gonna do in a few years when the shortage thins the herd out and you can't afford to shift drivers around from place to place ?

I would love to hear that more companies had to go through this to get their freight moved. They'd rather spend it on travel, lodging and expenses than put it into the drivers' pockets, eh.

They can write all that stuff off and reduce their tax liability. That's why they do it. I don't know how easy it is to fudge wage numbers but expense reports can easily be massaged. Are wages even tax deductible for corporations?

They can write all that stuff off and reduce their tax liability. That's why they do it. I don't know how easy it is to fudge wage numbers but expense reports can easily be massaged. Are wages even tax deductible for corporations?
I'm pretty sure that they are and I find it hard to believe that all the fudging in the world could make it look cheaper to fly them in and keep them than just pony up another $200/week even. I am on my way out but I would love to hear that those of you who are still carrying on could make a decent wage like those before us did. Their egos will probably come into play and they will try anything they can to keep us down where they think we belong...eking out a living and feeling 'lucky to have a job'.

Wages, and any other employee expense paid for by the company are tax deductions. Along with equipment, property, fuel, insurance, management salaries, healthcare benefits etc. etc. etc. Not picking on Conway or any other LTL, but again,if they would advertise for drivers with experience and clean driving records and pay them their top scale and benefits, they would have all the applicants they need.

I'm pretty sure that they are and I find it hard to believe that all the fudging in the world could make it look cheaper to fly them in and keep them than just pony up another $200/week even. I am on my way out but I would love to hear that those of you who are still carrying on could make a decent wage like those before us did. Their egos will probably come into play and they will try anything they can to keep us down where they think we belong...eking out a living and feeling 'lucky to have a job'.

I agree, but I do feel I'm making a decent wage, though not with Con-way. My experience with them was that their problems were way beyond wages, despite the major disparity in wages/work rules between the north and south.

Wages, and any other employee expense paid for by the company are tax deductions. Along with equipment, property, fuel, insurance, management salaries, healthcare benefits etc. etc. etc. Not picking on Conway or any other LTL, but again,if they would advertise for drivers with experience and clean driving records and pay them their top scale and benefits, they would have all the applicants they need.

As a former employee the best advice I could give Con-way's upper management would be to get out of the driver's way and trust him/her as a professional. They require their rank and file to be responsible for a greater percentage of the actual freight operation than any other carrier I know, but give them the least amount of trust and respect to do the job. Rules upon rules, processes that MUST be followed that are unnecessary at best, and unbelievable micromanagement. Remove the asinine micromanagement and let the guys do the work, and it would be a much better place.

I had heard from a Houston driver that the temp work is a 6-8 week stint. Fly out, rental car, room and $60 per diem for meals, and fly back.
Guys I know that did temp work on LMD and LOO got their 40 hours without a problem.

I had heard from a Houston driver that the temp work is a 6-8 week stint. Fly out, rental car, room and $60 per diem for meals, and fly back.
Guys I know that did temp work on LMD and LOO got their 40 hours without a problem.

I remember last year when they sent the temp drivers up here to loo. We were so short on drivers. it was a mess