XPO | Drivers with the "E" Restriction on their CDL

Should drivers with the "E" restriction be paid the same as those with no restriction?

• Paid the Same

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Paid Less

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

Fly-by-night

Only when you care to send the very best
Credits
A question that another driver ask me? Should drivers with the "E" restriction be paid the same rate as those with no restriction while XPO still has manuals trans in their fleet?

A question that another driver ask me? Should drivers with the "E" restriction be paid the same rate as those with no restriction while XPO still has manuals trans in their fleet?
I don't think so at are barn we had a driver that had to be called off because the only two trucks able to run were manuals so he cried so a driver had to come back to the barn to switch trucks

There’s guy down south that don’t get o/t after 40 hours that do the same work as us and guy in the metro regions that make more than most. So I really don’t get the point of this post . This is what you get when you have no voice . How to some say it here. Like it or leave it . Within a year or 2 all manuals will be history.
Let’s talk about the pay discrepancy exist for some our coworkers.

Last edited:
There’s guy down south that don’t get o/t after 40 hours that do the same work as us and guy in the metro regions that make more than most. So I really don’t get the point of this post . This is what you get when you have no voice . How to some say it here. Like it or leave it . Within a year or 2 all manuals will be history.
Let’s talk about the pay discrepancy exist for some our coworkers.
Lol. A voice has nothing to do with it. But I guess your still stuck on the union thing.

Well
Lol. A voice has nothing to do with it. But I guess your still stuck on the union thing.
Maybe if you and others would have stood up for yourselves you might have some leverage to make changes in these type of discrepancy . You choose not to so quit your crying and live with it . A voice has EVERYTHING to do with it .

Why even bring it to a poll ? If you don’t like it leave .

I guess your still stuck on the company thing .

They hired him knowing this so no...
I don't think so at are barn we had a driver that had to be called off because the only two trucks able to run were manuals so he cried so a driver had to come back to the barn to switch trucks
That was wrong...not the other drivers fault, don't mess up his night...

Many with the automatic only restriction, don’t understand, or have the coordination to shift a manual.
The only reason at our facility they have the E restriction is that they went through our school and they did train on manual trans. The company no longer requires it for new students. They were not offered or allowed to use manual trucks to train or test in. (fact). I’m sure if we had manual equipment available and the company required them to learn on it they would be able to do it. All of the classes they conducted here in the past used manual transmission tractors and all students pass on them . (Fact)
There is no sense from the company standpoint to train students on antiquated equipment going forward . The few manual tractors left will be a thing of past in the coming months.
I understand some feel that they are far superior that they can drive a manual transmission as they drive an automatic every night on their line haul runs ( also would be the first to bitch if they had to drive a manual).
Got news for you the future is here and automatic transmission are here to stay.

Last edited:
The only reason at our facility they have the E restriction is that they went through our school and they did train on manual trans. The company no longer requires it for new students. They were not offered or allowed to use manual trucks to train or test in. (fact). I’m sure if we had manual equipment available and the company required them to learn on it they would be able to do it. All of the classes they conducted here in the past used manual transmission tractors and all students pass on them . (Fact)
There is no sense from the company standpoint to train students on antiquated equipment going forward . The few manual tractors left will be a thing of past in the coming months.
I understand some feel that they are far superior that they can drive a manual transmission as they drive an automatic every night on their line haul runs ( also would be the first to bitch if they had to drive a manual).
Got news for you the future is here and automatic transmission are here to stay.
all of the truckload carriers have been training and using automatics for years. The food companies also all use automatics to to the stop and go of their deliveries. Also for the reason of better fuel mileage !! Most schools in the N.E. now train on automatics also.

If you ask me F&$k the new drivers, in my terminal the new drivers are all privilege, the senior drivers are getting messed with every day, while the new retards that we hire don’t get drug tested they don’t have to have there Hazmet they are restricted to drive manuals , so they F$&k the senior guy to drive one of the old manual trucks while the new drivers get brand new trucks to mess up and damage. We had one new driver F$&ed up a brand new truck on Monday, so on Tuesday they gave him a another new truck and he had an accident in that one too so on Wednesday they gave him another new truck.

F$&k the new drivers and the damn Managers that hired them

Get this we have Switchers , hustling in brand new trucks because they are automatic

Last edited:
all of the truckload carriers have been training and using automatics for years. The food companies also all use automatics to to the stop and go of their deliveries. Also for the reason of better fuel mileage !! Most schools in the N.E. now train on automatics also.
Two more gears in autos. Methinks that’s a bit of the difference.

Visitor. Linehaul. Volvo auto, yes. ‘Shaker auto, gimme 10 speed.