R&L | drivers working the dock

sapper

TB Lurker
Credits
How many of you work at a terminal that has city p/d drivers working the dock in the morning to break l/h along with the dock crew?

We have a few drivers that do this. Sometimes they run into trouble with hrs by the end of the week.

Let me clarify: these drivers come in earlier than their normal bid time and puch in to work the dock.

The rest of the crew comes in at their bid time and if their trailers are not loaded, they are told come out and help with pallet jacks.

Thanks for the replies..

We used to have guys that did that but now most of us come in at our start times.The only ones that come in early are doing volume runs before their peddles.

How many of you work at a terminal that has city p/d drivers working the dock in the morning to break l/h along with the dock crew?

We have a few drivers that do this. Sometimes they run into trouble with hrs by the end of the week.

Let me clarify: these drivers come in earlier than their normal bid time and puch in to work the dock.

The rest of the crew comes in at their bid time and if their trailers are not loaded, they are told come out and help with pallet jacks.

Thanks for the replies..

i wouldnt mind doing that when my bid time started just to make sure its loded properly, but at our terminal they lie to us and tell us we arent allowed on the dock until we get our bills, even if we clock in.
ofcourse this is only said to to prevent us from correcting the poor routing, which in turn is the reason we CONSTANTLY miss pick ups-
which by the way those same dock supervisors come out and say they dont care if we miss pick ups!
nothing like working together