Estes | Drop and hook pay

I’ve never worked at a place that uses tip bars… how do you raise them to hook to the trailer if they actually happen to be supporting nose weight and keeping the trailer from tipping?

I’ve never worked at a place that uses tip bars… how do you raise them to hook to the trailer if they actually happen to be supporting nose weight and keeping the trailer from tipping?
If that's actually the case, you get the dock supervisor to properly reload the trailer. Tip bar should only be necessary when just starting to load a trailer, not after it's done.

Tip bar is supposed to keep the weight of the forklift from tilting the trailer forward.
Our landing gear is a little further back because a good bit of our tractors are tandem axle. The central freight trailers we bought aren’t like this. If you have a tandem you’ll have to take your mudflaps off if you get one of those as your lead. They’re easy to spot - no tip bar and the landing gear is on the wrong side.

If there’s too much pressure to get the pin out, crank the gear in low a few times and it should ease the pressure off enough. That comes from guys setting them too low and not leaving a gap between the ground and the bar.
Ha ha ha like we can have access to the gear at some of these sardine can docks and yard , only 10 % of the trailers in the yard can be hooked without a spotter horse , complete nightmare

Tip bar is supposed to keep the weight of the forklift from tilting the trailer forward.
Our landing gear is a little further back because a good bit of our tractors are tandem axle. The central freight trailers we bought aren’t like this. If you have a tandem you’ll have to take your mudflaps off if you get one of those as your lead. They’re easy to spot - no tip bar and the landing gear is on the wrong side.
And it's very strange , no electric box !

Ha ha ha like we can have access to the gear at some of these sardine can docks and yard , only 10 % of the trailers in the yard can be hooked without a spotter horse , complete nightmare
Gotta love the old union carrier yards, we had some at OD, the doors are set so close together because at the union lines the line drivers didn’t break sets and drop in doors, the yard horse did all of it.

After a whole lot of mudflaps got torn off they finally let us know to remove them on the old central trailers. One thing about ol Estes is the communication is lacking most of the time. A lot of stuff is learned after the fact.

Curious if somebody can explain to me the drop and hook pay it at Estes I do (2) meet and turn and most of the time my pops are hooked up prior to my second turn so what are we get 8.50 times 4. ?
9.25 per drop, 9.25 or hook. 10.00$ extra per dispatch over 10 dispatches in a week.

Gotta love the old union carrier yards, we had some at OD, the doors are set so close together because at the union lines the line drivers didn’t break sets and drop in doors, the yard horse did all of it.
I always heard it was because trailers weren’t 102” wide in the 50’s and 60’s when these docks were built, the trailers were only 96” wide, giving you another foot to work….