XPO | Dropped pup in middle of a crossover?

TiredDvrsWife

TB Veteran
Credits
I heard that a few months back a L/H driver pulled from the terminal and got about 1/4 mile down the road and when crossing to head north on loop, he lost his back trailer and left it in the intersection.

Anyone else hear of this and if so, what happened to that driver?

I heard that a few months back a L/H driver pulled from the terminal and got about 1/4 mile down the road and when crossing to head north on loop, he lost his back trailer and left it in the intersection.

Ok ...I respectfully say this ... Con way has about 460 service centers ... you may need to narrow it down a little. :smilie_132:

Chances are the driver was charged with an accident and any damages to the equipment, freight and roadway would have been tallied against him...there are 3 bazillion ways for conway to charge you with a preventable accident for dropping a trailer...and they usually do..i think the only way one could be safe from a preventable charge was if the dolly had actually disintergrated...but then they would pull checking the welds holding it together out of the non preventable giving butts i am sure...

I'll take that as a compliment. Thank you! Nope, I'm the wife. My husband has been a trucker since 1980 and in delivery since 1975. I'm daughter of a trucker, mother in law of a trucker, granddaughter of a trucker and wife of a trucker. I'm a curious type of person that loves to read, study, understand and have a lot of useless facts floating around in my noggin.

As I said in my first post, I get to hear all the gripes from husband. He's a very vocal man, believe me.

Besides, no way would my driver make remarks about Martha Stewart, decorating boxes and all of that. :hide:

Tired you know an awful lot about things in our inner circle, Are you sure your not just tired driver?

I'll take that as a compliment. Thank you! Nope, I'm the wife. My husband has been a trucker since 1980 and in delivery since 1975. I'm daughter of a trucker, mother in law of a trucker, granddaughter of a trucker and wife of a trucker. I'm a curious type of person that loves to read, study, understand and have a lot of useless facts floating around in my noggin.

As I said in my first post, I get to hear all the gripes from husband. He's a very vocal man, believe me.

Besides, no way would my driver make remarks about Martha Stewart, decorating boxes and all of that. :hide:

tired you wernt born in a truck or maybe conceved in one :biglaugh:

:hysterical: Nope, but my grandson was conceived in the sleeper of a Peterbilt. By the age of 5 he was able to get into it and start it up, letting it idle before his parents got out of the house. Talk about a heart attack!
Besides, at the time I was conceived the sleepers were tiny. Would have been a tight fit....... :funky::biglaugh:

tired you wernt born in a truck or maybe conceved in one

:hysterical: Nope, but my grandson was conceived in the sleeper of a Peterbilt. By the age of 5 he was able to get into it and start it up, letting it idle before his parents got out of the house. Talk about a heart attack!
Besides, at the time I was conceived the sleepers were tiny. Would have been a tight fit....... :funky::biglaugh:

Tight fit?? Non sense...wagons had all sorts of room under those big canvas tops.. :hysterical:

Disclaimer: This was simply meant in gest with no intention of implying age, or insulting anyone of any type and this is without regards to race, age, sex, creed, national origin, religous beliefs, sexual orientation, or occupation.

My dad started out as a commercial fisherman, then went to driving those big dump trucks, hauling for the state building the old highway outside Hot Springs, AR. Therefore I don't think there was even a sleeper?? :smilie_132: Then he was OTR for the old Mayflower for years. Believe me, I remember that sleeper. Got to ride 'secretly' with him several times. :smilie_132: His last driving job was Georgia Pacific. :funky:

As for "canvas tops", that when you started?? I bet you were one of those that lit one of those old sulfer matches behind the mules to see what happened when they farted and the wagon ran over your *bleep* when the mules took off! LOL oh, not insulting your age by the way.......:hysterical: The mental part I'm still wondering about...........

Tight fit?? Non sense...wagons had all sorts of room under those big canvas tops..

Disclaimer: This was simply meant in gest with no intention of implying age, or insulting anyone of any type and this is without regards to race, age, sex, creed, national origin, religous beliefs, sexual orientation, or occupation.