XPO | dropped trailers

Dont know if the fifth wheel was a fontaine but when i drove for ine company it would take a few attempts to get the trailer properly coupled to the fifth wheel. It would either not lock or the release handle woul only be in half way.
You have to always make sure the release handle is all the way in. You can lose your trailer....and not right away. It can happen aftef driving for a bit.

Just googled a picture of the fifth wheel. Thats what is one the Conway freightliners right?
Looked at mine, jaws are different. Freightliners have the yost design. No bar comes across, jaws snap shut around kingpin. The grease however is an issue. In the cold, it's rock solid. The shops will not degrease them. I have hosed down my fifth wheel at the fuel island to break up the grease.

After driving a tractor last night that had an identical fifth wheel as the one i originally posted about, i checked out the manual for this tractor and it is indeed a fontaine fifth wheel. This one gave me no problems, but the in in my original post was ridiculous.
Half hooking all the time, sonetimes not hooking at all.
Sometimes when pulling out from a trailer to drop it, the jaws will lock back up but only halfway, and become stuck. I would need someone else to pull the release handle and hold it while i pull out.
Screw fontaine fifth wheels.

Unless they changed again recently, Jost is the current 5th wheel that we use. Still a lot of Simplex's here too. They're good at mixing it up though, they like to mix in different things.