ABF | Drug Testing

GO40

TB Legend
Credits
With Covid spreading like wildfire they sent a guy for a drug test this week. It’s bad enough that we’re on the front line seeing multiple customers daily, I’m not saying they should stop or even suspend it. The problem I have is sending a driver into a medí center where have a higher chance of catching something there. My suggestion would be to have a mobile unit come in and do the screenings until this pandemic is over or slows greatly,they did this a couple of times when I worked for Roadway....

With Covid spreading like wildfire they sent a guy for a drug test this week. It’s bad enough that we’re on the front line seeing multiple customers daily, I’m not saying they should stop or even suspend it. The problem I have is sending a driver into a medí center where have a higher chance of catching something there. My suggestion would be to have a mobile unit come in and do the screenings until this pandemic is over or slows greatly,they did this a couple of times when I worked for Roadway....
That’s terrible! Your manager must be cheap. Our terminal brings a guy in. You always know when you’re getting a random. Same guy sits in the office waiting for you.

That’s terrible! Your manager must be cheap. Our terminal brings a guy in. You always know when you’re getting a random. Same guy sits in the office waiting for you.
I think a lot of it is the Fort, at least for the dock plates. We had a guy drive up from Fort Smith a few weeks ago to look at our dock plates. Half of our kelly plates don't work & the ones they replaced them with you have to slide the tandems all the way back or you get hung up on them with forklift. The yard just got repaired after a road driver fell in a hole & called the Fort to get it fixed (by passed the guy in Carlisle). The gate to get in takes two men to open, we had a guy give a estimate on it about a month ago and to this date has not been fixed. The lighting on the dock is poor at best the lenses have to be cleaned & a few bulbs have to be replaced and it is led lighting....

I think a lot of it is the Fort, at least for the dock plates. We had a guy drive up from Fort Smith a few weeks ago to look at our dock plates. Half of our kelly plates don't work & the ones they replaced them with you have to slide the tandems all the way back or you get hung up on them with forklift. The yard just got repaired after a road driver fell in a hole & called the Fort to get it fixed (by passed the guy in Carlisle). The gate to get in takes two men to open, we had a guy give a estimate on it about a month ago and to this date has not been fixed. The lighting on the dock is poor at best the lenses have to be cleaned & a few bulbs have to be replaced and it is led lighting....
Are you at 182? Yard shaping up nice

I always had my tests done at the terminal. Whoever does the testing probably does have a fee for traveling but that would be less than paying an employee for his time plus the company loses the production that the employee would have accomplished during the travel time.

I always had my tests done at the terminal. Whoever does the testing probably does have a fee for traveling but that would be less than paying an employee for his time plus the company loses the production that the employee would have accomplished during the travel time.
We are in a different time now, if they want to drug test don’t send us into a place where are chances are increased....Like I said city drivers are on the front line & the company should try to protect us every chance they can. Last week at my terminal they finally gave out masks....wtf